Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Shifting result of echo by specific amount Post 302600287 by jim mcnamara on Monday 20th of February 2012 04:15:46 PM
Old 02-20-2012
Code:
# prepend
printf  "%20s\n" "HELLO"

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

echo command result

hello how can i print to screen the result of this command ? echo "pwd | sed 's/.*foo//'" when i type it im geting it printed as string "pwd | sed 's/.*DevEnv//'" and not the result of the operetion. tnx (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: umen
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shifting of lines in a file

Hi all, I am using the below command to shift the lines in a file which was advised by Anchal in this forum: awk -v total_records=$(cat redirects.virgin-atlantic.com.conf | wc -l) '{ if(NR>(total_records - 2)) printf "\t%s\n", $0; else print $0 }' align but I am getting the below error:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Shazin
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to format sql result as amount - ksh

I am currently returning an sql result with a number value that I want to format as an amount. The sql runs smoothly on its own, but when run inside my ksh script an error is encountered: ERROR at line 3: ORA-01481: invalid number format model My sql is -- select distinct ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: avillanueva
6 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Generate specific amount of same characters

Hi, Is there a command to print one character x amont of times? I need for example 10 comma's (,,,,,,,,,,). Instead of creating a loop, I was wondering if there is a way to do this with sed or awk? Thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Subbeh
3 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Using ls or echo to display a specific output

Use and complete the template provided. The entire template must be completed. If you don't, your post may be deleted! 1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: What single command line would you enter to get the following output? 8140 drwxr-xr-x 9 root bin 18 Jan 20... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: dasboot
6 Replies

6. Programming

Shifting text

I have the following functions which shifts the text by 4 and 8 characters. How can I pass an integer for the shift so that the text is shifted accordingly? void prValue4_vd ( FILE* stream, // name of output stream const char* value, // value associated with argument... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kristinu
2 Replies

7. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

grep a specific amount of occurrence

hey , i m trying to figure out how to do the following : i got a text file the looks like so: 1031 1031 1031 1031 1031 1031 1031 1031 16500 16500 16500 16500 1031 1031 (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: boaz733
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Counting specific column and add result in output

Hi all, I have a quick question: I have a 4 column tab-separated file. I want to count the number of times each unique value in column 2 appears and add that number in a 5th column. I have the following input file: waterline-n below-sheath-v 14.8097 A dock-n below-sheath-v ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: owwow14
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Run a command for specific amount of time with an auto key press

Hi, I have been trying to do a small fun project for myself. I want to run a command for 45 seconds. And to get the final output of this command, the script requires I push the "q" key on my keyboard and then the final output file becomes available. I tried the following script. But it... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: jacobs.smith
12 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

To get or print specific value in result

i am executing below code to achive my result, but for second row the value is not coming it should come URL like other two . url start with http:// and end with .xhtml cat FILE | grep 'Test failed' | awk -F',' '{print $3,$8,$12}' INPUT 1517679173303,84,SKILLED LANGUAGE - ENTER... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mirwasim
11 Replies
cuebreakpoints(1)					      General Commands Manual						 cuebreakpoints(1)

NAME
cuebreakpoints - report track breakpoints from a CUE or TOC file SYNOPSIS
cuebreakpoints [ { -i format | --input-format=format } { --append-gaps | --prepend-gaps | --split-gaps } ] [ file ... ] cuebreakpoints --help DESCRIPTION
cuebreakpoints reports the track breakpoints found in CUE and TOC files, which are typically created by compact disc ripping software. The breakpoints are in a format usable by shnsplit (part of the shntool package). Three approaches to track pregaps are availabe: append (to previous track), prepend (to succeeding track), and split (from both preceding and succeeding tracks). The split approach can result in up to twice as many breakpoints being reported as there are tracks on the disc. The first track's pregap cannot be appended to the previous track, so it is prefixed to the track in both append and prepend modes. If you want the track without it, use the --split-gaps option. If no filenames are specified, cuebreakpoints reads from standard input, and an input format option must be specified. If one or more filenames is provided, but the input format option is not specified, the input format will be guessed based on each file's suffix (e.g., .cue or .toc). This heuristic is case-insensitive. OPTIONS
-h, --help displays a usage message and exits. -i format, --input-format=format sets the expected format of the input file(s) to format, which must be either cue or toc. --append-gaps appends pregaps to the end of the previous track. This is the default. --prepend-gaps prefixes pregaps to the beginning of each subsequent track. --split-gaps separates pregaps from both the preceding and succeeding tracks. If more than one of --append-gaps, --prepend-gaps, and --split-gaps are specified, all except the last encountered are ignored. EXIT STATUS
cuebreakpoints exits with status zero if it successfully generates a report for each input file, and nonzero if there were problems. AUTHOR
Cuetools was written by Svend Sorensen. Branden Robinson contributed fixes and enhancements to the utilities and documentation. SEE ALSO
cueconvert(1), cueprint(1) cuebreakpoints(1)