Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help: How to convert this bash+awk script in awk script only? Post 302600278 by alexscript on Monday 20th of February 2012 03:25:09 PM
Old 02-20-2012
Thanks for the attempt but i prefer an awk script only. Don't a awk script that is launched from a bash script.
Probably Icon will be few useful but i need Categories because, once is clear, with your help how is possible convert the initial script (in particular how convert the function param_val (after try few days without success ... Smilie) and Categories ... later, i will make an attempt of using associative array for build a menu with submenu.
But until i don't known how resolve the initial issue, i'm stopped. Smilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert a script in awk script

Hello guys, I have a script like: echo "Errores 0x01 `cat errores.log | grep 0x00000001 | wc -l` " > class_total echo "Errores 0x0B `cat errores.log | grep 0x0000000B | wc -l` " >> class_total echo "Errores 0x45 `cat errores.log | grep 0x00000045 | wc -l` " >> class_total echo "Errores... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lestat
14 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

convert this into csv using awk/shell script

Hi Scripting gurus, I need to convert following text snippet into csv. please help Input heading1 = data1 heading2 = data2 .. .. heading n = data n heading 1 = data1 .. .. Output data1,data2,....,data n (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: azs0309
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk script to convert csv to html

Hi Written some script to convert csv to html but could not add table headers.Below are the errors iam getting ./csv2html | more + awk -v border=1 -v width=10 -v bgcolor=black -v fgcolor=white BEGIN { printf("<table border=\"%d\" bordercolor=\"%s\" width=\"%d\"... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: zeebala1981
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help: how to convert perl script to awk in windows2003 server environment

For the following perl script, can anyone help to convert it to awk statement in windows2003 server environment ? Code: foreach $k (sort {$a <=> $b} keys %psnum) (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: tojzz
1 Replies

5. Programming

awk script to convert a text file into csv format

hi...... thanks for allowing me to start a discussion i am collecting usb usage details of all users and convert it into csv files so that i can export it into some database.. the input text file is as follows:- USB History Dump by nabiy (c)2008 (1) --- Kingston DataTraveler 130 USB... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: certteam
2 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK manipulation in bash script

EDIT: This has been SOLVED. Thanks! Greetings everyone, I've posted a few threads with some quick help questions, and this is another one of those. I can't post enough gratitude for those much more knowledgeable than myself who are willing to give good advice for my minor issues. Now,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Eblue562
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using AWK in a bash script

So I am a newbie obviously but I need some help. I am trying to run a script to check that the number of fields in a database is equal to 4, if not they should try again and run an appropriate database file. The fields are separated by a semi colon. I've tried a lot of things, this what I'm... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mb001
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with convert awk script into perl

Input file (a list of input file name with *.txt extension): campus.com_icmp_ping_alive.txt data_local_cd_httpd.txt data_local_cd.txt new_local_cd_mysql.txt new_local_cd_nagios_content.txt Desired output file: data local_cd_httpd data local_cd new local_cd_mysql new ... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: perl_beginner
9 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK/Bash script

I would like to write a script to extend this command to a general case: BEGIN {s_0=0;n_0=0}{n_0++;s_0+=($51-$1)^2}END {print sqrt(s_0/n_0)} i.e. so that BEGIN {s_0=0;n_0=0}{n_0++;s_0+=($51-$1)^2}END {print sqrt(s_0/n_0)} BEGIN {s_1=0;n_1=0}{n_1++;s_1+=($51-$2)^2}END {print... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisjorg
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert XML to CSV using awk or shell script

Hello, I am working on a part of code where I need a awk or shell script to convert the given XML file to CSV or TXT file. There are multiple xml files and of different structure, so a single script is required for converting data. I did find a lot of solutions in the forum but... (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rashmitha
16 Replies
mdbFontEncoding(5)						 The m17n Library						mdbFontEncoding(5)

NAME
mdbFontEncoding - Font Encoding DESCRIPTION
The m17n library loads information about the encoding of each font form the m17n database by the tags <font, encoding>. The data is loaded as a plist of this format. FONT-ENCODING ::= PER-FONT * PER-FONT ::= '(' FONT-SPEC ENCODING [ REPERTORY ] ')' FONT-SPEC ::= '(' [ FOUNDRY FAMILY [ WEIGHT [ STYLE [ STRETCH [ ADSTYLE ]]]]] REGISTRY ')' ENCODING ::= SYMBOL FONT-SPEC is to specify properties of a font. FOUNDRY to REGISTRY are symbols corresponding to Mfoundry to Mregistry property of a font. See m17nFont for the meaning of each property. For instance, this FONT-SPEC: (nil alice0 lao iso8859-1) should be applied to all fonts whose family name is 'alice0 lao', and registry is 'iso8859-1'. ENCODING is a symbol representing a charset. A font matching FONT-SPEC supports all characters of the charset, and a character code is mapped to the corresponding glyph code of the font by this charset. REPERTORY is a symbol representing a charset or 'nil'. Omitting it is the same as specifying ENCODING as REPERTORY. If it is not 'nil', the charset specifies the repertory of the font, i.e, which character it supports. Otherwise, whether a specific character is supported by the font or not is asked to each font driver. For so called Unicode fonts (registry is 'iso10646-1'), it is recommended to specify 'nil' as REPERTORY because such fonts usually supports only a subset of Unicode characters. COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2001 Information-technology Promotion Agency (IPA) Copyright (C) 2001-2011 National Institute of Advanced Industrial Science and Technology (AIST) Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU Free Documentation License <http://www.gnu.org/licenses/fdl.html>. Version 1.6.2 12 Jan 2011 mdbFontEncoding(5)