Sponsored Content
Operating Systems BSD jobs -l | sed ... = nothing!? Post 302600210 by methyl on Monday 20th of February 2012 11:11:37 AM
Old 02-20-2012
I suspect that this is an unusual Shell and it is running a pipeline in a subshell such that the "jobs" command has lost its context.
Either that or there is more to this script and the command is in a subshell.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

jobs

I am running this script below as a cron job for user root. In fact I set this job early last week and expected it to delete archive logs older than 7 days, but doesn't work - just displays the echo messages and no error. Can somebody advise me the probable causes ?? DAY_AFTER=7; export... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vbaskar
1 Replies

2. Solaris

Cron Jobs

whats up, Have some questions about cron jobs, I am fairly new to the unix os. My cronjob sends all output to my mail, does anyone know how to redirect output to come out on the screen??? Thanks...... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: lewisoco
6 Replies

3. Solaris

Cron Jobs

I'm trying to run cron jobs to start any inhibited processes after a system reboot. I can schedule th cron, but i'm confused as to how to incorporated the reboot, since reboot is scheduled at different times, once every month. How can I write this to start every 15 min after after a reboot ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Remi
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

background jobs exit status and limit the number of jobs to run

i need to execute 5 jobs at a time in background and need to get the exit status of all the jobs i wrote small script below , i'm not sure this is right way to do it.any ideas please help. $cat run_job.ksh #!/usr/bin/ksh #################################### typeset -u SCHEMA_NAME=$1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: GrepMe
1 Replies

5. Solaris

at jobs

how to schedule a reboot using the at jobs ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: priky
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

at jobs.

Please suggest how can i modify or change the at jobs ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
4 Replies

7. Solaris

Cron jobs and at jobs

There are two jobs in Solaris , Cron and at jobs.. I know how to disable or enable cron jobs. How can I enable at jobs and disable it. Kindly help. Rj (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jegaraman
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

waiting on jobs in bash, allowing limited parallel jobs at one time, and then for all to finish

Hello, I am running GNU bash, version 3.2.39(1)-release (x86_64-pc-linux-gnu). I have a specific question pertaining to waiting on jobs run in sub-shells, based on the max number of parallel processes I want to allow, and then wait... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srao
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Shell script to run multiple jobs and it's dependent jobs

I have multiple jobs and each job dependent on other job. Each Job generates a log and If job completed successfully log file end's with JOB ENDED SUCCESSFULLY message and if it failed then it will end with JOB ENDED with FAILURE. I need an help how to start. Attaching the JOB dependency... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: santoshkumarkal
3 Replies
EDIT-PATCH(1)						      General Commands Manual						     EDIT-PATCH(1)

NAME
edit-patch, add-patch - tool for preparing patches for Debian source packages SYNOPSIS
edit-patch path/to/patch add-patch path/to/patch DESCRIPTION
edit-patch is a wrapper script around the Quilt, CDBS, and dpatch patch systems. It simplifies the process of preparing and editing patches to Debian source packages and allows the user to not have to be concerned with which patch system is in use. Run from inside the root directory of the source package, edit-patch can be used to edit existing patches located in debian/patches. It can also be used to incorporate new patches. If pointed at a patch not already present, it will copy the patch to debian/patches in the correct format for the patch system in use. Next, the patch is applied and a subshell is opened in order to edit the patch. Typing exit or pressing Ctrl-d will close the subshell and launch an editor to record the debian/changelog entry. edit-patch is integrated with the Bazaar and Git version control systems. The patch will be automatically added to the tree, and the debian/changelog entry will be used as the commit message. If no patch system is present, the patch is applied inline, and a copy is stored in debian/patches-applied. add-patch is the non-interactive version of edit-patch. The patch will be incorporated but no editor or subshell will be spawned. AUTHORS
edit-patch was written by Daniel Holbach <daniel.holbach@canonical.com>, Michael Vogt <michael.vogt@canonical.com>, and David Futcher <bobbo@ubuntu.com>. This manual page was written by Andrew Starr-Bochicchio <a.starr.b@gmail.com>. Both are released under the terms of the GNU General Public License, version 3. DEBIAN
Debian Utilities EDIT-PATCH(1)