Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting AWK way of calculating growth Post 302600057 by rangarasan on Monday 20th of February 2012 02:56:14 AM
Old 02-20-2012
awk

Hi,

Anyway !!!
Try this below code.
Code:
awk '{if ( NR == 1 ){print $0,"0";}else{result=$3-prev;print $0,result;}if( result > 0 ){a[$1] = a[$1] + result;b[$1]=$1;c[$1]=c[$1]+1;}prev=$3;}END{for(i in a){v=a[i];d=c[i];res=v/d;print i,res;}}' Input_File

Cheers,
RangaSmilie

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

calculating disk space for growth

what's the best way to calculate the raw disk space in format. the system is a Solaris system using EMC disks- df -k will give me what's used plus available.Now I need the total disk space that the system is using/assigned. Which means I must inventory the raw disks in format. the system uses... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: sholiver
6 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating totals in AWK

Hello, With the following small script I list the size of documents belonging to a certain user by each time selecting the bytes-field of that file ($7). Now it fills the array with every file it finds so in the end the output of some users contains up to 200.000 numbers. So how can I calculate... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hille
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

reading and calculating no. of occurrence in awk

:confused:Hi, I have got results from my simulation and I did extract the time field from the results file into new file. Then I was trying to calculate no. of occurrence for each set of time. However, I couldn't. For example : 0.2 -- 0.2 -- 0.21016 -- 0.21016 -- 0.21016 -- . . .... (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: ENG_MOHD
12 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

[Solved] awk calculating between lines

Hey guys, maybe you can help me with this... I want to read input.dat line by line, while doing a simple calculation between the second column value of the current line and the second column value of the next line (like a difference). input is something like this: 0 3.945757 1 ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: origamisven
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating an integer with awk

I would like to extract a number from $0 and calculate if it can be devided by 25. Though the number can also be less then 25 or bigger than 100. How do i extract the number and how can the integer be calculated? String: "all_results">39</span>I am looking for the number between "all_results"> ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdf
5 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating the epoch time from standard time using awk and calculating the duration

Hi All, I have the following time stamp data in 2 columns Date TimeStamp(also with milliseconds) 05/23/2012 08:30:11.250 05/23/2012 08:30:15.500 05/23/2012 08:31.15.500 . . etc From this data I need the following output. 0.00( row1-row1 in seconds) 04.25( row2-row1 in... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ks_reddy
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating average with awk

I need to find the average from a file like: data => BW:123 M:30 RTD:0 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 1 1 0 0 1 1 0' data => BW:123 N:30 RTD:0 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 1 1 0 0 1 1 0' data => BW:123 N:30 RTD:0 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 1 1 0 0 1 1 0' data => BW:123 N:30 RTD:0 1 0 1 0 0 1 1 1 1 0 0 1 1 0' data => BW:123 N:30 RTD:0 1... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Slagle
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating Running Variance Using Awk

Hi all, I am attempting to calculate a running variance for a file containing a column of numbers. I am using the formula variance=sum((x-mean(x))^2)/(n-1), where x is the value on the current row, and mean(x) is the average of all of the values up until that row. n represents the total number... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Jahn
1 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calculating cumulative frequency using awk

Hi, I wanted to calculate cumulative frequency distribution of my data that involves several arithmetic calls. I did things in excel but its taking me forever. this is what I want to do: var1.txt contains n observations which I have to compute for frequency which is given by 1/n and subsequently... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ida1215
7 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Calculating correlations across columns in awk

Hello, I came across a previous thread "awk-calculating-simple-correlation-rows" which calculated correlations across rows in awk. Code: awk '{ a = 0; for (i = 2; i <= NF; ++i) a += $i; a /= NF-1 b = 0; for (i = 2; i <= NF; ++i) b += ($i - a) ^ 2; b = sqrt(b) if... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ross
7 Replies
prev(1) 						      General Commands Manual							   prev(1)

NAME
prev - show the previous message (only available within the message handling system, mh) SYNOPSIS
prev [+folder] [-[no]header] [-help] [-showproc program] [-noshowproc] [options to showproc] OPTIONS
Displays a one-line header before the message. The header consists of the name of the folder and the message number. This is the default behavior. It can be suppressed with the -noheader option. Prints a list of the valid options to this command. Specifies an alternative program to list messages. The default is to use the program defined by the showproc: entry in the file. As with show, you can give options to the showproc program at the command line. These are passed directly to showproc by prev. The defaults for this command are: +folder defaults to the current folder -header DESCRIPTION
The prev command displays the previous message in the current folder. The previous message is the one before the current message in the folder. The message that is shown becomes the current message. You can specify a folder other than the current folder by using the +folder argument. If you specify a folder, that becomes the current folder. RESTRICTIONS
The prev command is really a link to the show program. As a result, if you make a link to prev and that link is not called prev, your link will act like show instead. To avoid this, add a profile-entry for the link to your MH profile and add the argument prev to the entry. PROFILE COMPONENTS
Path: To determine your Mail directory showproc: Program to show the message EXAMPLES
The command in the following example displays the previous message in the folder +copylog: $ prev +copylog FILES
The user profile. SEE ALSO
show(1), next(1) prev(1)