Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: AIX LVM migrate lp
Operating Systems AIX AIX LVM migrate lp Post 302600016 by zxmaus on Monday 20th of February 2012 12:22:05 AM
Old 02-20-2012
Hi,

no problem to do it in a mirrored VG as long as you don't break the rules of your mirror (like one copy per disk).
Not necessary to run a reorg afterwards.

Regards
zxmaus

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to migrate ?

Currently, I am planning a migration between machine which under True64UNIX. The new machine will run with higher version O/S. My question is, is there any solution on migrating one machine to another which with different O/S version? My goal is keeping minimum impact to the users. Excuse my... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: coolmans
1 Replies

2. AIX

How to migrate UP-UX shell scripts to AIX 5.2

Hello, We would to migrate some shell scripts (korn shell) from HP-UX to AIX 5.2 I would know: - If the HP-UX scripts work as well in AIX? - If no, is there a migration tool to detect incompatible lines in scripts? - How do proceed? Our scripts do: - Loads data in Oracle... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: P026687
1 Replies

3. AIX

disk space shortage, how to migrate to LVM?

Hello I'm working on AIX 6.1. I inherited something I do not know and now I need to bring it into the line. # df -m Filesystem MB blocks Free %Used Mounted on /dev/hd4 | 256.00 | 87.09 | 66% / /dev/hd2 | 4608.00 | 82.45 | 99%... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: michalwu
11 Replies

4. AIX

How to install/ migrate AIX through remote login

How to install/ migrate AIX through remote login (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: AIXlearner
1 Replies

5. HP-UX

How to reduce LVM to create another LVM

Hi, I'm new to HP-UX. I have LVM on /var with 92Gig. I would like to reduce it to create another LVM for Oracle client with 800 meg or so. How to do it. I'm running 11.iv3 Thanks (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: lamoul
4 Replies

6. Linux

Mysql Migrate

Hi , I would like to (MYSQL) migrate the all the data from solari's to linux box. I have checked whether mysql is installed or not. rpm -qa | grep -i mysql I confirmed !!!! I want to know the following points. 1) How can get to know what are mysql data files and location as well.... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mani_apr08
4 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to convert non LVM root partition to LVM?

Hi Guys, I m using redhat 6, I have installed root partition as non-LVM . Is there any way i can convert it to LVM? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

8. AIX

Nim on AIX 7.1 used to migrate AIX 5.3 to AIX 6.1...is possible?

Using nimadm: nimadm -j nimadmvg -c sap024 -s spot_6100 -l lpp_6100 -d "hdisk1" -Y Initializing the NIM master. Initializing NIM client sap024. 0505-205 nimadm: The level of bos.alt_disk_install.rte installed in SPOT spot_6100 (6.1.3.4) does not match the NIM master's level (7.1.1.2).... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sciacca75
2 Replies

9. Linux

How to migrate a running lvm.?

Hi all, Please explain how do i. Migrate and backup a running lvm..!! Thanks, Sent from my LG-D802 using Tapatalk (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: lordkizzo
3 Replies

10. AIX

Migrate AIX to new Hardware

Hello Friends/AIXgurus, When you have time, could you please look into below. We're planning to migrate AIX LPARs on to new Hardware. Requirement: Migrate AIX LPARs from POWER 6 to POWER 8 Hardware (*everything should run as is after the transition) Below is our thought process. Ours... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: System Admin 77
5 Replies
volrootmir(8)						      System Manager's Manual						     volrootmir(8)

NAME
volrootmir - Mirror areas necessary for booting to a new disk SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/volrootmir [-a] [nconfig=count] target_disk [swap=target_partition] OPTIONS
Specifies that all volumes on the system disk be mirrored, not just the root and swap volumes, rootvol and swapvol. DESCRIPTION
The volrootmir script causes a mirror copy of areas of the root disk involved in booting to be made on the specified target disk. When used without the -a option, volrootmir adds mirrors of the root and swap volumes and allocates them on the new disk. In addition, all disk regions required for booting are set up and partitions for the new volume mirrors are created. When used with the -a option, volrootmir mirrors all in-use partitions on the system disk. To mirror a swap volume that is on a separate disk from the root volume, the swap attribute must be used to specify a separate target for the swap mirror. The target disk(s) must be at least as large as the sum of the sizes of rootvol and swapvol. Also, the physical disk should not have any disk partition in use. This script can be called from the voldiskadm menus by choosing the Mirror volumes on a disk operation. ATTRIBUTES
Specifies the number of log copies and copies of the configuration database, for example, nconfig=2. Specifies that the swap volume, swapvol, be mirrored on a separate disk, as specified by target_partition. EXAMPLES
The following command mirrors the rootvol and swapvol volumes onto the target disk, dsk3. This command will fail if swapvol is on a differ- ent disk from rootvol. # volrootmir dsk3 The following command mirrors rootvol, swapvol, and any other volumes on the root disk onto the target disk, dsk3. This command will fail if swapvol is on a different disk from rootvol. # volrootmir -a dsk3 The following command mirrors rootvol on disk dsk3, swapvol onto partition dsk7d, and any other volumes on the root disk onto disk dsk3. This command will fail if swapvol is on the same disk as rootvol. # volrootmir -a dsk3 swap=dsk7d The following command mirrors rootvol onto disk dsk3 and swapvol onto partition dsk7d. This command will fail if swapvol is on the same disk as rootvol. # volrootmir dsk3 swap=dsk7d SEE ALSO
volintro(8), voldiskadm(8) volrootmir(8)