Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Installing SAMBA problems
Operating Systems AIX Installing SAMBA problems Post 302599988 by zxmaus on Sunday 19th of February 2012 08:13:37 PM
Old 02-19-2012
What error did you exactly get? Package not found ? Try to do an inutoc . in the directory you have copied the file into

Regards
zxmaus

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

samba PROBLEMS

i am run SUSE 6.4 with apache that i built and maintain to serve my dads website, (www.farragutmarine.com for anyone who cares) anyway i am running samba and i have a huge problem, throughout the day, everything goes fine, but then my server will come to a grinding halt, if i try to telnet in or... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: norsk hedensk
4 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Installing a Samba printer under Sun Solaris 10

Hi all, I am under Sun Solaris 10, and I wan't to use printers which are on my local area network (on Windows XP workstation), I have got samba installed, and cups. I wan't to have an easy way for printing document (with StarOffice, Gimp etc...), for exemple by just launching a command. ... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: willits
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Installing samba-tng suite

Hello all I am trying to install sara-sans(http://www.cisecurity.org/top20.htm) on a Solaris 9 server. The process highly recommends the installation of samba-tng suite. In the process of installaing samba-tng, "./configure" went smooth. After that while trying to 'make', it is stopped with the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrs0302
0 Replies

4. AIX

Installing Samba on AIX 5.3

Hello, I need assistance installing Samba on AIX 5.3 TL06. Smitty Install produces the following error message: Command: failed stdout: yes stderr: no Before command completion, additional instructions may appear below. geninstall -I "a -cgNQqwXY -J" -Z -d... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tgray71
5 Replies

5. Solaris

installing samba on solaris 8

i am a rookie so please give every detail... i need help installing samba on my solaris 8 (intel) box so i can share with WXP box. i can get online, but can only see websites as outline\text form but managed to download "samba-latest.tar.z" is this correct? and what is next step to get it up and... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: flir11
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Problems between a HP UX 11.31 Samba share and Windows 7...

Hi I have an issue with a client. He was able to use his mounted Samba share for a long time. However, a couple of days ago, he wasn't able to access all of his files all of a sudden. He still see's the share and majority of the files, but not some that he needs. I checked with Secure CRT on... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zixzix01
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

Installing SWAT to administer Samba

Hi, I have installed RHEL 5.2 for a specific reason. Anyway I would really like to use SWAT to administer Samba. Samba is currently installed and working almost successfully however SWAT would make life a bit easier. I have tried rpm -ivh samba-swat but it can't find the file. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: drag0n
1 Replies

8. Solaris

Samba 3.6.5 install problems

Hi all, I'm trying to update my samba 3.5.10 to 3.6.5 due to security CVE issued with 3.5. I downloaded and unzipped, did the make and make install and the ./configure. I didn't use any changes to it and it said it installed correctly added it to my path and it looks like it's operating... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattymatt79
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Baffled by problems with ssh and samba

I have made a complete botch of trying to install both ssh and samba, having followed numerous tutorials - all claiming to be easy to follow and stating that it is easy. The last attempt @ ssh was going really well until the copy id stage roy@roy-1011PX:~$ ssh-copy-id -i /home/roy/.ssh/id_dsa.pub... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Royalist
8 Replies
cupsaddsmb(8)						      Easy Software Products						     cupsaddsmb(8)

NAME
cupsaddsmb - export printers to samba for windows clients SYNOPSIS
cupsaddsmb [ -H samba-server ] [ -U samba-user ] [ -h cups-server ] [ -v ] -a cupsaddsmb [ -H samba-server ] [ -U samba-user ] [ -h cups-server ] [ -v ] printer [ ... printer ] DESCRIPTION
cupsaddsmb exports printers to the SAMBA software (version 2.2.0 or higher) for use with Windows clients. Depending on the SAMBA configura- tion, you may need to provide a password to export the printers. This program requires the CUPS or Adobe PostScript printer driver files described below. The -H option specifies the SAMBA server which defaults to the CUPS server. The -U option specifies the SAMBA print admin username which defaults to your current username. The -a option exports all known printers. Otherwise only the named printers are exported. The -h option specifies a different CUPS server to use. The -v option specifies that verbose information should be shown and is useful for debugging SAMBA configuration problems. SAMBA CONFIGURATION
cupsaddsmb uses the new RPC-based printing support in SAMBA 2.2.x to provide printer drivers and PPD files to Windows client machines. In order to use this functionality, you must first configure SAMBA (via the smb.conf file) to support printing through CUPS and provide a printer driver download share, as follows: [global] load printers = yes printing = cups printcap name = cups [printers] comment = All Printers path = /var/spool/samba browseable = no public = yes guest ok = yes writable = no printable = yes printer admin = root [print$] comment = Printer Drivers path = /etc/samba/drivers browseable = yes guest ok = no read only = yes write list = root This configuration assumes a FHS-compliant installation of SAMBA; adjust the [printers] and [print$] share paths accordingly on your system as needed. CUPS POSTSCRIPT DRIVERS FOR WINDOWS
cupsaddsmb can use the CUPS PostScript printer drivers for Windows, which are available for download from the CUPS web site. The CUPS printer drivers are preferred over the Adobe drivers since they support page accounting, banner pages, and page labels on all printers. However, currently only Windows NT, 2000, and XP are supported by the CUPS drivers, so you will also need to get the Adobe driver to support Windows 95, 98, and Me clients. Once you have extracted the driver files, create a "drivers" directory in the CUPS data directory (usually /usr/share/cups) and copy the CUPS files using lowercase filenames, as follows: [Windows NT, 2000, and XP] cups.hlp cupsdrvr.dll cupsui.dll ADOBE POSTSCRIPT DRIVERS FOR WINDOWS
cupsaddsmb can use the Adobe PostScript printer drivers for Windows, which are available for download from the Adobe web site (http://www.adobe.com). The CUPS printer drivers are preferred over the Adobe drivers since they support page accounting, banner pages, and page labels on all printers. Once you have extracted the driver files, create a "drivers" directory in the CUPS data directory (usually /usr/share/cups) and copy the Adobe files using UPPERCASE filenames, as follows: [Windows 95, 98, and Me] ADFONTS.MFM ADOBEPS4.DRV ADOBEPS4.HLP DEFPRTR2.PPD ICONLIB.DLL PSMON.DLL [Windows NT, 2000, and XP] ADOBEPS5.DLL ADOBEPSU.DLL ADOBEPSU.HLP You can download and copy either set of driver files independently, and use the CUPS drivers for Windows NT, 2000, and XP while using the Adobe drivers for the Windows 95, 98, and Me clients. SEE ALSO
CUPS Software Administrators Manual, http://localhost:631/documentation.html COPYRIGHT
Copyright 1993-2002 by Easy Software Products, All Rights Reserved. 27 September 2002 Common UNIX Printing System cupsaddsmb(8)