Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Algorithm to load files efficiently without missing or accidently archiving.... Post 302599951 by okkadu on Sunday 19th of February 2012 02:23:14 PM
Old 02-19-2012
Algorithm to load files efficiently without missing or accidently archiving....

We have a requirement where we get the Delta Files in every one hour and we need to load them into Oracle database every one hour using Powercenter. To efficiently do this we need to build an File management system.
Here is our process:
we get 6 files for 6 tables with a timestamp appended .dat files (employee_021920121033.dat) along with these 6 files we get a .done (hr_021920121033.done) file indicating the 6 six files are ready to be loaded.

Now we need to build a script that will identify that these files are ready to be loaded thereby move them to corresponding source directory and invokes the corresponding workflow that will load these files.

Has anybody worked on this scenario. If so how did you achieve this?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archiving and moving the files

hi all i have a requirement where in i have to zip all the files with "*.bkp" after 14 days and move the zip files to Archive directory .... i am able to achieve the first functionality but not able to achive the second one ...here is my code find ${LOG_DIR} -name "*.bkp" -mtime +14 | xargs -i... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nvuradi
1 Replies

2. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

how to search files efficiently using patterns

hi friens, :) if i need to find files with extension .c++,.C++,.cpp,.Cpp,.CPp,.cPP,.CpP,.cpP,.c,.C wat is the pattern for finding them :confused: (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunsubbhian
2 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archiving the files

Hi, Suppose I have 2 files of yesterday's. And today I have received 3 files. Before processing anything I want to archieve the 2 files of yesterday's into a different folder. How can this be done? Regards, Sunitha (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Sunitha_edi82
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Archiving and move files in the same time

Hi All, I have tried so many command but none work like i wanted. I would like archive which i assume it will move the files and archive it somewhere. for example: if i have a folder and files: /home/blah/test /home/blah/hello /home/blah/foo/bar i would like to archive folder... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: c00kie88
6 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archiving the Files in a folder

My requirement is to put all the files from output directory(ATT) to archive directory(archive\) creating a new folder with datetimestamp(20100212_120014) every time it runs. where ${IMF_TARGET_DIR} is my base directory. ${IMF_ARCHIVE_DIR} is my Archive directory... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vsmeruga
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Issue while archiving the files

Hi, In our current process we are reading the file, (which is placed by external vendor)from one particular folder and processing those files through ETL(informatica). We are reading these file as " ls -ltr *.txt" Once the process is finish these files are moved to archived script by "mv"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Amey Joshi
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Archiving the files in a .txt file

HI , I have a file abc.txt, which has some .csv files listed. example. abc.txt 1.csv 2.csv 3.csv 4.csv 5.csv I want to move all the files listed in abc.txt to a archive directory,and zip the moved files. Can anyone help me with the script. Thanks,sai (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saii
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archiving older files

Hello Group, I would request your help to build a shell script in order to find files older than 90 days then create the same directory structure under the second disk (/archive directory) and move the file preserving the same timestamps (ownership, etc). Also keep the log of files moved... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: csierra
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Archiving the files

hi, Am trying to acrhive a bunch of files on some ftp site and somehow managed to come out with the below logic. I'm getting "syntax error: unexpected end of file" error. Interestingly this below snipeet works fine if run for the first time but the subsequent runs fail! Anybody has any idea... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amee5
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Efficiently altering and merging files in perl

I have two files fileA HEADER LINE A CommentLine A Content A .... .... .... TAILER AfileB HEADER LINE B CommentLine B Content B .... .... .... TAILER BI want to merge these two files as HEADER LINE A CommentLine A Content A (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sam05121988
4 Replies
DWWW-REFRESH-CACHE(8)						      Debian						     DWWW-REFRESH-CACHE(8)

NAME
dwww-refresh-cache - rebuilds dwww cache directory SYNOPSIS
dwww-refresh-cache DESCRIPTION
dwww-refresh-cache is a simple shell script, which deletes outdated cache files and rebuilds contents of the dwww cache directory /var/cache/dwww. In default installation, the script is called from /etc/cron.daily/dwww, so the cache is refreshed every day. CONFIGURATION VARIABLES
DWWW_KEEPDAYS Specifies, how many days documents that have not been accessed should be kept in the cache. Default is 10 days. DWWW_QUICKFIND_DB Location of the installed packages and programs cache file, generated with help of dwww-quickfind(8). Default is /var/cache/dwww/quickfind.dat. DWWW_DOCBASE2PKG_DB Location of the cache file, which maps installed doc-base files to packages names, used by the dwww-build-menu(8). Default is /var/cache/dwww/docbase2pkg.dat. FILES
/etc/dwww/dwww.conf Configuration file for dwww(7). /var/cache/dwww dwww cache directory. /etc/cron.daily/dwww. dwww daily cron job SEE ALSO
dwww(7), dwww-build-menu(8), dwww-cache(8), dwww-find(8). AUTHOR
Robert Luberda. See dwww(7), for copyrights and stuff. dwww 1.11.1 February 15th, 2009 DWWW-REFRESH-CACHE(8)