Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Making use of PWD command in the code Post 302599715 by bansalpankaj88 on Saturday 18th of February 2012 04:55:36 AM
Old 02-18-2012
Hi,
Here is code which i wrote with the help of you guys. it is pretty straight forward.
Code:
cat ${PWD}/Input_Logs/*.log >  ${PWD}/Input_Logs/input.log
sed '/^Total/d;/^Bye/d;/^Output has been logged/d'  ${PWD}/Input_Logs/input.log? >  ${PWD}/output.log

Smilie

Last edited by Franklin52; 02-18-2012 at 02:50 PM.. Reason: Please use code tags for data and code samples, thank you

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pwd Command and NIS mount points

I am running NIS, NFS and automount. If I execute % cd /xyz/data1 % pwd I get different results depending on the operating system. On SGI running Irix 6.5.x pwd returns /xyz/data1 On Redhat Linux 7.3 pwd returns /xyz/data1 BUT On Tru64 UNIX the pwd command returns... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: agreenwo
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

pwd: A specified flag is not valid for this command.

Probably a very straight forward question but please be easy on me, I am v. new to UNIX! A script that I have runs the line tmp=`pwd -H` It works fine, but I needed to make a couple of other changes to the script, nowhere near this line but now this line reports: pwd: A specified flag... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Paxton
2 Replies

3. IP Networking

Enable PWD command on anonymous FTP?

Hello everyone - First post here, I'm trying to connect to an anonymous ftp server and I am told by the server admin that I cannot have access to the "print working directory" command. I need to have access to this command in order for my (and my clients) preferred ftp client to connect. (the... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: HiredGun79
9 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

COMMAND sed AND pwd

Hi, I should replace the string DIR_ZERO in the file FILE_OLD with the current directory path in FILE_NEW by using something like this: sed "s/DIR_ZERO/'$(pwd)'/" FILE_OLD > FILE_NEW but it doesn't work and I don't understand why...:confused: Thanks in advance!!! Giordano Bruno (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Giordano Bruno
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

PWD COMMAND

Hi, Can you tell me if there is a command such as pwd which does not give me the absolute NFS pathname i.e. it starts with .autofs? At the moment on the unix when I use the 'pwd' command it always gives me the nfs pathname rather thanthe local pathname of which is what i want, is there an... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: cyberfrog
4 Replies

6. AIX

sync samba pwd with aix5.3 pwd

currently, my samba login works just fine. i want my clients to use aix5.3 account to login to samba so they don't have to change samba pwd and aix pwd. i googled, and vi /usr/lib/smb.conf per some of knowledge base, but i could not get to work. aix5.3 and samba 3.0.24.0 thanks in advace..... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: tjmannonline
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to pass the pwd to an export command through script?

I have an export command which exports the file which I specify to the specified location. It asks for an pwd and again to confirm the pwd, can some one help me to pass the pwd thru the script. cd /opt/var/SecureTransport/bin xml_export /opt/SecureTransport/var/logs/accounts_log.xml... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: srini0603
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Behaviour of pwd command in sh and ksh

I have a script as below. bash-3.00$ cat test.sh #!/usr/bin/ksh path=`pwd` echo $path var=$path/temp11 echo $var If run it is giving output bash-3.00$ ksh test.sh //var/tmp/SB2/miscellaneous //var/tmp/SB2/miscellaneous/temp11 (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: millan
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with 'pwd' command

Dear all, I am trying to use 'pwd' command in following way. current_directory == /dirA/dirB/test/dirC if ; then do this fi I am not sure how to pass this in command way. Please help! thanking you, emily (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: emily
10 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Command Understanding :- . $PWD/.profile

Hi, I am new in unix, can anyone please explain the use of:- . $PWD/.profile Thanks, Sujoy (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: sujoyrchowdhury
5 Replies