Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: concatenate variables
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting concatenate variables Post 302599666 by jim mcnamara on Friday 17th of February 2012 07:46:08 PM
Old 02-17-2012
Your shell is bash, this gives the result of the first character from each of three variables concatenated
Code:
result=${firstname,0,1}${middlename,0,1}${lastname,0,1}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to convert byteArray variables to HexaString variables for Linux?

Hello everybody, I am having problem in converting byte array variables to Hexa String variables for Linux. I have done, converting byte array variables to Hexa String variables for Windows but same function doesn't work for linux. Is there any difference in OS ? The code for Windows is given... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritesh_163
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to concatenate values of two variables with an underscore(_) in between

Hi, I'm new to shell programming. I have two variables a and b a=val1 b=val2 could anyone kindly post the shell script to concatenate the values of variable a and b with an underscore(_) in between? The final output should be val1_val2. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: badrimohanty
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenate some of the rows...

i have a file as below and i need to load it into oracle. The problem is, some of the rows are in 2 lines. 123456_PosWlist ----- ----- IN 0/0 123456_PosWListRpt ----- ----- IN 0/0 123456_PosWListCSV ----- -----... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

concatenate variables problem

Hello, I have a tricky problem: I have a $file with a variable number of occurrences of "ORA-" (in this case two) .......... EXP-00008: ORACLE error 3113 encountered ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel EXP-00056: ORACLE error 1403 encountered ORA-01403: no data found... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Laurentiu
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenate files

Hi, I want to create a batch(bash) file to combine 23 files together. These files have the same extension. I want the final file is save to a given folder. Once it is done it will delete the 23 files. Thanks for help. Need script. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zhshqzyc
6 Replies

6. Web Development

Concatenate Strings

hi..:) this is my sample part of my program.. $csv_output .= $row.",". $row.",". $row.",". $row.",". $row.",". ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jeneca
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help cannot concatenate Ksh variables ?

Cannot combine these two strings into one line, either as a 3rd variable or echo or printing ? Frustrating. for i in `cat /scripts/pathList.dat` do OldRepo= grep Oldhostname ${i}/.svn/entries | tail -1 NewRepo= grep Oldhostname ${i}/.svn/entries | tail -1 | sed '/Oldhostname/... (41 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcpinkerton
41 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenate two variables and form the third variable

Hi Guys, I was scratching my head for this for half a day... finally not successful :confused: Following is the problem I have a variable $ var1=123 $ var2-234 $ var3=345 and another Variable $ i=1 Now i wanted to save these into a Variable as shown below for i in 1 2 3 do... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramprabhum
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a script with multiple variables like 25 variables.

Hi All, i have a requirement where i have to run a script with at least 25 arguements and position of arguements can also change. the unapropriate way is like below. can we achieve this in more good and precise way?? #!/bin/ksh ##script is sample.ksh age=$1 gender=$2 class=$3 . . .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lakshman_Gupta
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing awk variables to bash variables

Trying to do so echo "111:222:333" |awk -F: '{system("export TESTO=" $2)}'But it doesn't work (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
2 Replies
DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle::Generic(3pm) 	User Contributed Perl Documentation	   DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle::Generic(3pm)

NAME
DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle::Generic - Oracle Support for DBIx::Class SYNOPSIS
# In your result (table) classes use base 'DBIx::Class::Core'; __PACKAGE__->add_columns({ id => { sequence => 'mysequence', auto_nextval => 1 } }); __PACKAGE__->set_primary_key('id'); # Somewhere in your Code # add some data to a table with a hierarchical relationship $schema->resultset('Person')->create ({ firstname => 'foo', lastname => 'bar', children => [ { firstname => 'child1', lastname => 'bar', children => [ { firstname => 'grandchild', lastname => 'bar', } ], }, { firstname => 'child2', lastname => 'bar', }, ], }); # select from the hierarchical relationship my $rs = $schema->resultset('Person')->search({}, { 'start_with' => { 'firstname' => 'foo', 'lastname' => 'bar' }, 'connect_by' => { 'parentid' => { '-prior' => { -ident => 'personid' } }, 'order_siblings_by' => { -asc => 'name' }, }; ); # this will select the whole tree starting from person "foo bar", creating # following query: # SELECT # me.persionid me.firstname, me.lastname, me.parentid # FROM # person me # START WITH # firstname = 'foo' and lastname = 'bar' # CONNECT BY # parentid = prior personid # ORDER SIBLINGS BY # firstname ASC DESCRIPTION
This class implements base Oracle support. The subclass DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle::WhereJoins is for "(+)" joins in Oracle versions before 9.0. METHODS
get_autoinc_seq Returns the sequence name for an autoincrement column datetime_parser_type This sets the proper DateTime::Format module for use with DBIx::Class::InflateColumn::DateTime. connect_call_datetime_setup Used as: on_connect_call => 'datetime_setup' In connect_info to set the session nls date, and timestamp values for use with DBIx::Class::InflateColumn::DateTime and the necessary environment variables for DateTime::Format::Oracle, which is used by it. Maximum allowable precision is used, unless the environment variables have already been set. These are the defaults used: $ENV{NLS_DATE_FORMAT} ||= 'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS'; $ENV{NLS_TIMESTAMP_FORMAT} ||= 'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS.FF'; $ENV{NLS_TIMESTAMP_TZ_FORMAT} ||= 'YYYY-MM-DD HH24:MI:SS.FF TZHTZM'; To get more than second precision with DBIx::Class::InflateColumn::DateTime for your timestamps, use something like this: use Time::HiRes 'time'; my $ts = DateTime->from_epoch(epoch => time); relname_to_table_alias DBIx::Class uses DBIx::Class::Relationship names as table aliases in queries. Unfortunately, Oracle doesn't support identifiers over 30 chars in length, so the DBIx::Class::Relationship name is shortened and appended with half of an MD5 hash. See "relname_to_table_alias" in DBIx::Class::Storage. with_deferred_fk_checks Runs a coderef between: alter session set constraints = deferred ... alter session set constraints = immediate to defer foreign key checks. Constraints must be declared "DEFERRABLE" for this to work. ATTRIBUTES
Following additional attributes can be used in resultsets. connect_by or connect_by_nocycle Value: \%connect_by A hashref of conditions used to specify the relationship between parent rows and child rows of the hierarchy. connect_by => { parentid => 'prior personid' } # adds a connect by statement to the query: # SELECT # me.persionid me.firstname, me.lastname, me.parentid # FROM # person me # CONNECT BY # parentid = prior persionid connect_by_nocycle => { parentid => 'prior personid' } # adds a connect by statement to the query: # SELECT # me.persionid me.firstname, me.lastname, me.parentid # FROM # person me # CONNECT BY NOCYCLE # parentid = prior persionid start_with Value: \%condition A hashref of conditions which specify the root row(s) of the hierarchy. It uses the same syntax as "search" in DBIx::Class::ResultSet start_with => { firstname => 'Foo', lastname => 'Bar' } # SELECT # me.persionid me.firstname, me.lastname, me.parentid # FROM # person me # START WITH # firstname = 'foo' and lastname = 'bar' # CONNECT BY # parentid = prior persionid order_siblings_by Value: ($order_siblings_by | @order_siblings_by) Which column(s) to order the siblings by. It uses the same syntax as "order_by" in DBIx::Class::ResultSet 'order_siblings_by' => 'firstname ASC' # SELECT # me.persionid me.firstname, me.lastname, me.parentid # FROM # person me # CONNECT BY # parentid = prior persionid # ORDER SIBLINGS BY # firstname ASC AUTHOR
See "AUTHOR" in DBIx::Class and "CONTRIBUTORS" in DBIx::Class. LICENSE
You may distribute this code under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.14.2 2011-11-29 DBIx::Class::Storage::DBI::Oracle::Generic(3pm)