Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: concatenate variables
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting concatenate variables Post 302599666 by jim mcnamara on Friday 17th of February 2012 07:46:08 PM
Old 02-17-2012
Your shell is bash, this gives the result of the first character from each of three variables concatenated
Code:
result=${firstname,0,1}${middlename,0,1}${lastname,0,1}

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Programming

How to convert byteArray variables to HexaString variables for Linux?

Hello everybody, I am having problem in converting byte array variables to Hexa String variables for Linux. I have done, converting byte array variables to Hexa String variables for Windows but same function doesn't work for linux. Is there any difference in OS ? The code for Windows is given... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ritesh_163
2 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to concatenate values of two variables with an underscore(_) in between

Hi, I'm new to shell programming. I have two variables a and b a=val1 b=val2 could anyone kindly post the shell script to concatenate the values of variable a and b with an underscore(_) in between? The final output should be val1_val2. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: badrimohanty
8 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenate some of the rows...

i have a file as below and i need to load it into oracle. The problem is, some of the rows are in 2 lines. 123456_PosWlist ----- ----- IN 0/0 123456_PosWListRpt ----- ----- IN 0/0 123456_PosWListCSV ----- -----... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Amit.Sagpariya
7 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

concatenate variables problem

Hello, I have a tricky problem: I have a $file with a variable number of occurrences of "ORA-" (in this case two) .......... EXP-00008: ORACLE error 3113 encountered ORA-03113: end-of-file on communication channel EXP-00056: ORACLE error 1403 encountered ORA-01403: no data found... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Laurentiu
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenate files

Hi, I want to create a batch(bash) file to combine 23 files together. These files have the same extension. I want the final file is save to a given folder. Once it is done it will delete the 23 files. Thanks for help. Need script. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: zhshqzyc
6 Replies

6. Web Development

Concatenate Strings

hi..:) this is my sample part of my program.. $csv_output .= $row.",". $row.",". $row.",". $row.",". $row.",". ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jeneca
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help cannot concatenate Ksh variables ?

Cannot combine these two strings into one line, either as a 3rd variable or echo or printing ? Frustrating. for i in `cat /scripts/pathList.dat` do OldRepo= grep Oldhostname ${i}/.svn/entries | tail -1 NewRepo= grep Oldhostname ${i}/.svn/entries | tail -1 | sed '/Oldhostname/... (41 Replies)
Discussion started by: pcpinkerton
41 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Concatenate two variables and form the third variable

Hi Guys, I was scratching my head for this for half a day... finally not successful :confused: Following is the problem I have a variable $ var1=123 $ var2-234 $ var3=345 and another Variable $ i=1 Now i wanted to save these into a Variable as shown below for i in 1 2 3 do... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: ramprabhum
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Running a script with multiple variables like 25 variables.

Hi All, i have a requirement where i have to run a script with at least 25 arguements and position of arguements can also change. the unapropriate way is like below. can we achieve this in more good and precise way?? #!/bin/ksh ##script is sample.ksh age=$1 gender=$2 class=$3 . . .... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Lakshman_Gupta
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Passing awk variables to bash variables

Trying to do so echo "111:222:333" |awk -F: '{system("export TESTO=" $2)}'But it doesn't work (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: urello
2 Replies
Biber::Entry::Name(3pm) 				User Contributed Perl Documentation				   Biber::Entry::Name(3pm)

NAME
Biber::Entry::Name - Biber::Entry::Name objects new Initialize a Biber::Entry::Name object, optionally with key=>value arguments. Ex: Biber::Entry::Name->new( lastname=>"Bolzmann", firstname=>"Anna Maria", prefix => "von" ) TO_JSON Serialiser for JSON::XS::encode notnull Test for an empty object was_stripped Return boolean to tell if the passed field had braces stripped from the original set_hash Set a hash for the name get_hash Get a hash for the name set_index Set a field telling what position in the name list the name is get_index Get the index of a Biber::Entry::Name object set_uniquename Set uniquename for a visible Biber::Entry::Name object Sets global flag to say that some uniquename value has changed set_uniquename_all Set uniquename for a Biber::Entry::Name object get_uniquename Get uniquename for a visible Biber::Entry::Name object get_uniquename_all Get uniquename for a Biber::Entry::Name object reset_uniquename Reset uniquename for a Biber::Entry::Name object set_minimal_info Set the string of lastnames and string of fullnames Used to track uniquename=5 or 6 get_minimal_info Get the name context used to track uniquename=5 or 6 get_namepart Get a namepart by passed name set_firstname Set firstname for a Biber::Entry::Name object get_firstname Get firstname for a Biber::Entry::Name object get_firstname_i Get firstname initials for a Biber::Entry::Name object set_middlename Set middlename for a Biber::Entry::Name object get_middlename Get middlename for a Biber::Entry::Name object get_middlename_i Get middlename initials for a Biber::Entry::Name object set_lastname Set lastname for a Biber::Entry::Name object get_lastname Get lastname for a Biber::Entry::Name object get_lastname_i Get lastname initials for a Biber::Entry::Name object set_suffix Set suffix for a Biber::Entry::Name object get_suffix Get suffix for a Biber::Entry::Name object get_suffix_i Get suffix initials for a Biber::Entry::Name object set_prefix Set prefix for a Biber::Entry::Name object get_prefix Get prefix for a Biber::Entry::Name object get_prefix_i Get prefix initials for a Biber::Entry::Name object set_gender Set gender for a Biber::Entry::Name object get_gender Get gender for a Biber::Entry::Name object set_namestring Set namestring for a Biber::Entry::Name object get_namestring Get namestring for a Biber::Entry::Name object set_nameinitstring Set nameinitstring for a Biber::Entry::Name object get_nameinitstring Get nameinitstring for a Biber::Entry::Name object name_to_bbl { Return bbl data for a name name_to_bltxml { Add BibLaTeXML for the name to an XML::Writer object dump Dump Biber::Entry::Name object AUTHORS
Francois Charette, "<firmicus at ankabut.net>" Philip Kime "<philip at kime.org.uk>" BUGS
Please report any bugs or feature requests on our sourceforge tracker at <https://sourceforge.net/tracker2/?func=browse&group_id=228270>. COPYRIGHT &; LICENSE Copyright 2009-2012 Francois Charette and Philip Kime, all rights reserved. This module is free software. You can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the Artistic License 2.0. This program is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but without any warranty; without even the implied warranty of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose. perl v5.14.2 2012-06-17 Biber::Entry::Name(3pm)