Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting how to get tags content by grep Post 302599615 by visitor123 on Friday 17th of February 2012 04:13:47 PM
Old 02-17-2012
Nice. Do you think I could use it with gnuwin32? I just downloaded GnuWin perl and there are pcregrep.exe and pcretest.exe. I would like to run it on Win XP.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

grep content of files sorted by time stamp

egrep Date: *.html > out.htm I would like to grep the match as sorted by time stamp of the html files. how do I do that? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: zer0
1 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How can we grep only those content according to regular expression

I try to collect first those content like <w c5=".*" hw=".*" pos=".*?">.*</w> in that A00.xml. I use the following pattern : egrep "<w c5=".*" hw=".*" pos=".*?">.*</w>" A00.xml The result is: <s n="396"><w c5="PNP" hw="we" pos="PRON">We </w><w c5="VVB" hw="make" pos="VERB">make </w><w... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Johnivy
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Read content between xml tags with awk, grep, awk or what ever...

Hello, I trying to extract text that is surrounded by xml-tags. I tried this cat tst.xml | egrep "<SERVER>.*</SERVER>" |sed -e "s/<SERVER>\(.*\)<\/SERVER>/\1/"|tr "|" " " which works perfect, if the start-tag and the end-tag are in the same line, e.g.: <tag1>Hello Linux-Users</tag1> ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sebi0815
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep content between timestamp

Hi all, I have a file which will be updated every half an hour and time stamp will be printed in the beginning of the updation. i just want to grep the content between every hoalf an hour. Pls help me on this issue. how to grep contents between tim stamp? Ex of file: 29/09/2010... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: steve2216
20 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Can i use grep to check variable content correctnes?

I need to know if is possible to use grep to check content of a local variable, for eg. i use read index and i want to check if the index i read is in correct form, how do i do that i tried with grep but i get errors all the time dont know how to make it work.. thanks! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Goroner
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep variable with tricky content

Hello, i have this issue: text="-8x7YTVNk2KiuY-PWG5zzzjB-zzw" string=-8x7YTVNk2KiuY-PWG5zzzjB-zzw echo $text | grep -v \'$string\' -8x7YTVNk2KiuY-PWG5zzzjB-zzw echo \'$string\' '-8x7YTVNk2KiuY-PWG5zzzjB-zzw' ..and ofcourse if I do like this : echo $text | grep -v $string grep: invalid... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: black_fender
5 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to grep the content performed by an User

I want to grep the content performed by an User from a file. Suppose that i have a following file HYD-HMS-2$ ls -lrt -rw-r--r-- 1 sdfrun sdf 31726356 Aug 1 13:04 journal.03.01082012.19.csv I could able to grep the content performed by a user by "sed" command as follows HYD-HMS-2$... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: duppalav
0 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep to display file name along with content in Solaris

Am using the following grep to match a particular patter in grep. grep xyz abc.txt now while i run this command, if the pattern matched, am getting the line containing xyz Output: xyz is doing some work Now if i want the file name also along with my output, what should i do Expected... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: rituparna_gupta
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep content in xml file

I have an xml file with header as below. <Provider xmlns="http://www.xyzx.gov/xyz" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema-instance" xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.xyzx.gov/xyz xyz.xsd" SCHEMA_VERSION="2.5" PROVIDER="5"> I want to get the schema version here that is 2.5 and put in a... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Ariean
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Grep content between specific lines

cat file1 *FileHeader* Partition 0 Total Data Bytes 1416 Avg Bytes/Record 1416 Others 1 PRDX22.AUDIT_DATA_INFO Partition 4 Total Data Bytes 4615 Avg... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Veera_V
8 Replies
Gtk2::PageSetup(3)					User Contributed Perl Documentation					Gtk2::PageSetup(3)

NAME
Gtk2::PageSetup HIERARCHY
Glib::Object +----Gtk2::PageSetup METHODS
pagesetup = Gtk2::PageSetup->new pagesetup = Gtk2::PageSetup->new_from_file ($file_name) o $file_name (localized file name) May croak with a Glib::Error in $@ on failure. Since: gtk+ 2.12 pagesetup = Gtk2::PageSetup->new_from_key_file ($key_file, $group_name) o $key_file (Glib::KeyFile) o $group_name (string or undef) May croak with a Glib::Error in $@ on failure. Since: gtk+ 2.12 double = $setup->get_bottom_margin ($unit) o $unit (Gtk2::Unit) $setup->set_bottom_margin ($margin, $unit) o $margin (double) o $unit (Gtk2::Unit) double = $setup->get_left_margin ($unit) o $unit (Gtk2::Unit) $setup->set_left_margin ($margin, $unit) o $margin (double) o $unit (Gtk2::Unit) $setup->load_file ($file_name) o $file_name (string) May croak with a Glib::Error in $@ on failure. Since: gtk+ 2.14 $setup->load_key_file ($key_file, $group_name) o $key_file (Glib::KeyFile) o $group_name (string or undef) May croak with a Glib::Error in $@ on failure. Since: gtk+ 2.14 pageorientation = $setup->get_orientation $setup->set_orientation ($orientation) o $orientation (Gtk2::PageOrientation) double = $setup->get_page_height ($unit) o $unit (Gtk2::Unit) double = $setup->get_page_width ($unit) o $unit (Gtk2::Unit) double = $setup->get_paper_height ($unit) o $unit (Gtk2::Unit) $setup->set_paper_size_and_default_margins ($size) o $size (Gtk2::PaperSize) papersize = $setup->get_paper_size $setup->set_paper_size ($size) o $size (Gtk2::PaperSize) double = $setup->get_paper_width ($unit) o $unit (Gtk2::Unit) double = $setup->get_right_margin ($unit) o $unit (Gtk2::Unit) $setup->set_right_margin ($margin, $unit) o $margin (double) o $unit (Gtk2::Unit) $setup->to_file ($file_name) o $file_name (localized file name) May croak with a Glib::Error in $@ on failure. Since: gtk+ 2.12 $setup->to_key_file ($key_file, $group_name) o $key_file (Glib::KeyFile) o $group_name (string or undef) Since: gtk+ 2.12 double = $setup->get_top_margin ($unit) o $unit (Gtk2::Unit) $setup->set_top_margin ($margin, $unit) o $margin (double) o $unit (Gtk2::Unit) ENUMS AND FLAGS
enum Gtk2::PageOrientation o 'portrait' / 'GTK_PAGE_ORIENTATION_PORTRAIT' o 'landscape' / 'GTK_PAGE_ORIENTATION_LANDSCAPE' o 'reverse-portrait' / 'GTK_PAGE_ORIENTATION_REVERSE_PORTRAIT' o 'reverse-landscape' / 'GTK_PAGE_ORIENTATION_REVERSE_LANDSCAPE' enum Gtk2::Unit o 'pixel' / 'GTK_UNIT_PIXEL' o 'points' / 'GTK_UNIT_POINTS' o 'inch' / 'GTK_UNIT_INCH' o 'mm' / 'GTK_UNIT_MM' SEE ALSO
Gtk2, Glib::Object COPYRIGHT
Copyright (C) 2003-2008 by the gtk2-perl team. This software is licensed under the LGPL. See Gtk2 for a full notice. perl v5.12.1 2010-07-05 Gtk2::PageSetup(3)