Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Add multiple parameters to environment file Post 302599593 by Corona688 on Friday 17th of February 2012 03:11:19 PM
Old 02-17-2012
You don't really need to export this. All you want is a shell variable.

If you don't put the text in quotes, it won't know it's all supposed to be in the variable and interpret them line by line.

Code:
ORA_DB_PARMS="
set feedback off
set heading off
set linesize 5000
set pagesize 0
set echo off
whenever sqlerror exit failure
whenever oserror exit failure"

Code:
. oracleparams

sqlplus -s <<sqlEOF
$ORACLE_USERNAME/$ORACLE_PASSWORD@$ORACLE_DB
$ORA_DB_PARMS
SELECT TO_CHAR(MAX(LAST_RUN_DATE) +1,'YYYYMMDD') FROM LOAD_HISTORY WHERE ENV_ID='ENVID' AND STATUS_OF_RUN ='SUCCESS';
sqlEOF

This User Gave Thanks to Corona688 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Grep on multiple parameters

All, Is is possible to grep on two parameters in a file: ex: If data in a file(GROCERIES.TXT) were like this ABC GROCERIES 38-904949 16 987.89 Then grep would be grep '38-904040' '16' GROCERIES.TXT Thanks KP (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: kingofprussia
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

for loop logic with multiple parameters

hi, unix wizards, i have a question about the logic of my inner for loop below. first, what i am trying to do is to write a script called create_account that automatically creates mysql accounts. the user can provide a user_name or a group_id as an argument (and the script can take multiple... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ankimo
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

passing multiple files as parameters

hi all i am etl guy i have shell script that i use to do processing on file. the problem is that i want it to use on multiple files at same time is there any way of passing the file name since my all my filename start with samename like abc* p,ease let me know (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: er_zeeshan05
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

bash if loop for checking multiple parameters

Hello, I've got next problem: I want to examine at the beginning of a script in an if loop that: 1. Is there 4 parameters given 2. If first state is true then: is there switches -e and -d? 3. At the end, how can i indentify them as variebles regardlees to its order. I was thinking like... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: szittyafergeteg
2 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Add new parameters into a line, and redirect the line to other file

How can i add new parameters into a line, and redirect the line to other file? For example: 1.sh name:owner google:richard youtube:student I want a, for example 2.sh with: name:owner:description google:richard:search site youtube:student:video site In the 2.sh, I added a new column:... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: rafazz
7 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Question on passing multiple parameters in if

Hi All, My target is to find the list of orphan processes running and i issue the below command with some exception ids. ps -ef | egrep -v "root|system|admin" | awk '{if ($3 == 1) print $1",\t"$2",\t"$3}' but this will exclude the process having the word 'root' and executing under different... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Arunprasad
1 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Use of grep with multiple parameters in shell scripts

I am learning how to write shell scripts and have come across an issue. I'm trying to write a script that looks for a directory called public_html, and if it finds one, to print the number of lines that contain applet tags (containing '<applet') in all files that end in either .html or .htm that... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: feverdream
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to run csh environment parameters from k-shell script?

Hi Guys, I need to run an alias from a k-shell script ,for example 10204, which points to : source $ORACLE_BASE/scripts/cshrc/10204/.cshrc Meaning , I need to run in my k-shell script with the env settings parameters of the alias. How to do it in k-shell? Thanks in advance, Nir (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: nir_s
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Processing multiple files (environment setting)

Hello I posted on here a while ago about processing multiple files within a script. See original post below: I have a program cfxfrwb which is designed to remove headers from reports files. The cfxfrwb is located in the following directory /u01/efin/v40/live/bin I run the program against... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: captainrhodes
8 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Python passing multiple parameters to functions

Hi, I am a beginner in python programming. In my python script have a main function which calls several other functions. The main function gets its input by reading lines from a input text file. I call the main function for every line in input text file through a loop. def main(line): var1... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: ctrld
6 Replies