Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Lastlog output help
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers Lastlog output help Post 302599490 by robo on Friday 17th of February 2012 09:33:25 AM
Old 02-17-2012
yes its the time difference i noticed GMT + 1

thanks a lot evry one

Methyl i am using RHEL 4.0 AS

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

lastlog has duplicates

Hello, we are running AIX 4.3.3, has anyone experienced an issue with the lastlog file where there are duplicate entries. ie. # mkpasswd -c #mkpasswd -c /etc/security/lastlog ---> /etc/security/lastlog.idx 3004-779 Duplicate key found. "userazs" 3004-778 Index operation failed.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: chlawren
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to make a line BLINKING in output and also how to increase font size in output

how to make a line BLINKING in output and also how to increase font size in output suppose in run a.sh script inside echo "hello world " i want that this should blink in the output and also the font size of hello world should be big .. could you please help me out in this (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mail2sant
3 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Lastlog and launched process

Hello there, I "discovered" an interesting command lastlog, but I couldn't find, until now:cool:, if it's possible to get a list of the launched process by users and root during a certain of time... ...any idea would be really appreciated!!! Thanks in advance. Giordano Bruno (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Giordano Bruno
3 Replies

4. AIX

clear/delete log from 'last' or 'lastlog' command

Dear Friends , From 'last' or 'lastlog' command , I can get the last login informations of the users . now as a system admin , If I want to delete the log information from this 'last' 'lastog' command , then is it possible to do ? plz inform ... ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: shipon_97
1 Replies

5. AIX

lastlog

There is also "host_last_login" information in a file /etc/security/lastlog . If I login to an appl (on AIX) via 'rexec' from my pc, I can see there pc's name or its IP: tty_last_login = rexec host_last_login = 10.50.38.74 I already collect login time/date/user into my own log... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: frajer
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Awk script to run a sql and print the output to an output file

Hi All, I have around 900 Select Sql's which I would like to run in an awk script and print the output of those sql's in an txt file. Can you anyone pls let me know how do I do it and execute the awk script? Thanks. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: adept
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to mail monitoring output if required or redirect output to log file

Below script perfectly works, giving below mail output. BUT, I want to make the script mail only if there are any D-Defined/T-Transition/B-Broken State WPARs and also to copy the output generated during monitoring to a temporary log file, which gets cleaned up every week. Need suggestions. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: aix_admin_007
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Displaying log file pattern output in tabular form output

Hi All, I have result log file which looks like this (below): from the content need to consolidate the result and put it in tabular form 1). Intercomponents Checking Passed: All Server are passed. ====================================================================== 2). OS version Checking... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Optimus81
9 Replies

9. Red Hat

Command understanding the output file destination in case of standard output!!!!!

I ran the following command. cat abc.c > abc.c I got message the following message from command cat: cat: abc.c : input file is same as the output file How the command came to know of the destination file name as the command is sending output to standard file. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: ravisingh
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

To cleanup the root entries in lastlog

Hi Folks, Is there a way to cleanup the root entries in the Linux server from the lastlog. For AIX and SUN server, this has been done Via the fwtmp command. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: gsiva
1 Replies
rtc(1M)                                                   System Administration Commands                                                   rtc(1M)

NAME
rtc - provide all real-time clock and GMT-lag management SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/rtc [-c] [-z zone-name] DESCRIPTION
On x86 systems, the rtc command reconciles the difference in the way that time is established between UNIX and MS-DOS systems. UNIX systems utilize Greenwich Mean Time (GMT), while MS-DOS systems utilize local time. Without arguments, rtc displays the currently configured time zone string. The currently configured time zone string is based on what was last recorded by rtc-z zone-name. The rtc command is not normally run from a shell prompt; it is generally invoked by the system. Commands such as date(1) and rdate(1M), which are used to set the time on a system, invoke /usr/sbin/rtc -c to ensure that daylight savings time (DST) is corrected for properly. OPTIONS
-c This option checks for DST and makes corrections if necessary. It is normally run once a day by a cron job. If there is no RTC time zone or /etc/rtc_config file, this option will do nothing. -z zone-name This option, which is normally run by the system at software installation time, is used to specify the time zone in which the RTC is to be maintained. It updates the configuration file /etc/rtc_config with the name of the specified zone and the current GMT lag for that zone. If there is an existing rtc_config file, this command will update it. If not, this command will create it. FILES
/etc/rtc_config The data file used to record the time zone and GMT lag. This file is completely managed by /usr/sbin/rtc, and it is read by the kernel. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Architecture |x86 | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
date(1), rdate(1M), attributes(5) SunOS 5.10 3 Oct 2003 rtc(1M)