Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Changing executable dependency Post 302599465 by jim mcnamara on Friday 17th of February 2012 07:56:16 AM
Old 02-17-2012
define the environment variable LD_PRELOAD to point to a valid .so, probably in /etc/profile, or in some init script that is relevant to your problem.

Code:
export LD_PRELOAD=/path/to/another/libjvm.so

This will NOT work with setuid exectuable programs.

Okay - now please tell us what problem you are trying to fix, before you do this and break something else. We already know you believe this solves a problem.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

process dependency

how to find all the processes associated with a given process in unix,is there any command for this. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laddu
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dependency problems with Fedora7

Hey guys, I installed Fedora7 from DVD yesterday. I have previously worked with RHEL4 and Fedora4(As of RPM based systems). I used to copy all the rpms from the media to a directory. #mkdir /rpms #copy /path_to_rpms_in_media/* /rpms/ My intention for doing this was to get around the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmm
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Dependency problem

Hi all am new to solaris ............ i installed amanda client pkg that time am getting lots of dependency problem.......... is there any Yum server like things in solaris Regards ' prAn (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pran
8 Replies

4. Infrastructure Monitoring

Weird dependency problem!

Hi, I want to install net-snmp-devel package but i have following dependecy problem. It's very odd, i don't get it. One of packages is depended on the other one, the other one is depended on the previous one as well. :S :S Could you help me please? Here are the steps: # ls -l total... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: oduth
4 Replies

5. Programming

Fortran dependency checking

Hello, I'm creating an add-on for a large piece of software written in Fortran. In my directory I reference subroutines in other directories, which in turn reference more subroutines. I'm running into trouble because on occasion the developers of the main software change some sub calls. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kudude
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

make -j dependency

Hi, I had a make file, something like that, all: cd dir1; make cd dir2; make the problem is the makefile under dir2 need some objs from dir1, so I need to set some dependency let dir2 run only after the dir1 run is done. how to set the dependency? Thanks. peter (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: laopi
2 Replies

7. HP-UX

Library dependency coming out of nowhere

I'm building on a HP-UX ia64 system. During building, I'm getting an error ld: Can't find dependent library "libnnz10.so" Nowhere in my makefile do I link with this library. This library is there in the directory /databases/oracle10.2.0_64BIT/lib. I'm having two source files ora8ibulk.cpp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: old_as_a_fossil
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Processing Dependency Printing

Gurus, I came across a typical requirement where the input is like- TRANS FIRM DEPT CUST TRANS CUST TRANS DEPT FIRM CUST & the expected Output is- CUST DEPT FIRM TRANS This is basically a dependency list for processing the tables where FIRM is feeding data to TRANS... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapeeljoshi
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the missing dependency from two files

#cat hwlock-full.dep libx11-6 >= 1.4.4 libz1 >= 1.2.7 libtinfo5 >= 5.9 libxcb1 >= 1.8.1 numactl >= 2.0.8+rc4 libpixman-1-0 >= 0.29.2 libxml2 >= 2.7.8 libxext6 >= 1.3.1 libxrender1 >= 0.9.7 libfreetype6 >= 2.4.9 libxcb-render0 >= 1.8.1 libcairo2 >= 1.12.14 libc6 >= 2.15 libxcb-shm0... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
7 Replies
TORSOCKS(1)                                                   General Commands Manual                                                  TORSOCKS(1)

NAME
torsocks - Shell wrapper to simplify the use of the torsocks(8) library to transparently allow an application to use a SOCKS proxy. Basi- cally a renamed, patched tsocks. SYNOPSIS
torsocks [application [application's arguments]] or torsocks [on|off] or torsocks DESCRIPTION
torsocks is a wrapper between the torsocks library and the application what you would like to run socksified. SUMMARY
By default, torsocks will assume that it should connect to the SOCKS proxy running at 127.0.0.1 on port 9050. This is the default address and port for Tor's socks server on most installations. In order to use a configuration file, you must set the environment variable TORSOCKS_CONF_FILE with the location of the file. If TORSOCKS_CONF_FILE is not set, torsocks will attempt to read the configuration file at /etc/torsocks.conf. If that file cannot be read, torsocks will use sensible defaults for most Tor installations, i.e. it will assume that you want to use a SOCKS proxy running at 127.0.0.1 (localhost) on port 9050. For further information on configuration, see torsocks.conf(5). OPTIONS
[application [application's arguments]] run the application as specified with the environment (LD_PRELOAD) set such that torsocks(8) will transparently proxy SOCKS connec- tions in that program [on|off] this option adds or removes torsocks(8) from the LD_PRELOAD environment variable. When torsocks(8) is in this variable all executed applications are automatically socksified. If you want to use this function, you HAVE to source the shell script from yours, like this: "source /usr/bin/torsocks" or ". /usr/bin/torsocks" Example: ". torsocks on" -- add the torsocks lib to LD_PRELOAD ". torsocks off" -- remove the torsocks lib from LD_PRELOAD [show|sh] show the current value of the LD_PRELOAD variable <without any argument> create a new shell with LD_PRELOAD including torsocks(8). AUTHOR
This script was created by Tamas SZERB <toma@rulez.org> for the debian package of tsocks. It (along with this manual page) have since been adapted into the torsocks project and modified. TORSOCKS
TORSOCKS(1)