Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: My UnixWare SCO Server
Operating Systems SCO My UnixWare SCO Server Post 302599427 by Mick_Dundee on Friday 17th of February 2012 05:17:54 AM
Old 02-17-2012
The system has worked fine for years, we wont attempt to fiddle with it, I've just purchased an identical server for £24, just to use as a backup if anything should go wrong, I need to take an image of the HDD so I can just transfer if the unthinkable happens. Basically if this server fails, the business grinds to a halt. No orders, no invoices, no nothing !

The current disk space also concerns me slightly:

Total Disk Space: 49,185 MB of 60,604 MB <81.16%>

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

SCO Unixware 2.1

I am using SCO Unixware 2.1 & some PC clients are connected, suddenly one message appearslike : UX:strintercept error: dropping message this message starts coming repeatedly & agtre some time system hangs.I had to reset the system & now the problem is not there.Please suggest, why this is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: paprch
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO Unixware 7 download

According to this thread: https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?t=1 one guy says However, I cannot find any sco unixware7 iso download link in their download section (http://wdb1.sco.com/clbk_web/owa/dwn_customer), is it really for free, and if that is true, where can I download it? Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phalcos
2 Replies

3. SCO

Samba 3.0.24 in SCO UnixWare 7.1.4

Please help me in troubleshooting my problem in Samba? I tried to instal Samba 3.0.24 in our SCO UnixWare 7.1.4 but after installing the nmbd daemon is not running. When i check the syslog from /var/adm, the following error appears: Sep 30 13:04:22 unixeei nmbd: bind failed on port 137... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eric_hing
0 Replies

4. SCO

sco unixware + oracle 8.0.5

hi, anybody can give procedure for how to install oracle 8.0.5 in sco unixware 7.1.4. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakrithi
0 Replies

5. SCO

Noob needs help with Sco Unixware 7.1

We are retiring a Unixware 7.1 server that has custom applications on it. It has Raid 5 and we would like to use the machine for other things. Is there a way we can image/clone to virtual machine file and run that VM within say Virtual PC 2007 or VMware? I am not aware of anything to do this. I... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccd1977
20 Replies

6. SCO

Install GRUB on SCO Unixware 7.1.1

Hi, I am trying to install the linux boot loader (GRUB) on a non-linux machine (Unixware 7.1.1). The thing is I want to boot the linux kernel (vmlinuz) and the linux ram disk (initrd.img) from unixware and boot the machine with it. Does anyone have a good way to do this? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: teen_racer19
10 Replies

7. SCO

SCO Unixware 7.1.1 Install - Need help

(sorry my English, is really poor). I have a SCO Unixware 7.1.1 and I need install in ML350 G3. Reading in google and HP web, make a floppy disks for install, but the options that I have is for network or floppy disk. How install from CD with patch for HP smart array 532 ?? or How... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xplertor
5 Replies

8. SCO

Need Help with installtion of SCO UNIXware 7.0.1

Hi, I need help to install SCO Unixware 7.0.1. Can any one help with any documentation or installation notes for SCO Unixware 7.0.1. Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: farhandalvi
1 Replies
DPM-DRAIN(1)						    DPM Administrator Commands						      DPM-DRAIN(1)

NAME
dpm-drain - drain a component of the Light Weight Disk Pool Manager SYNOPSIS
dpm-drain --poolname pool_name [ --server fs_server ] [ --gid gids ] [ --group groups ] [ --size amount_to_drain ] dpm-drain --server fs_server [ --gid gids ] [ --group groups ] [ --size amount_to_drain ] dpm-drain --server fs_server --fs fs_name [ --gid gids ] [ --group groups ] [ --size amount_to_drain ] dpm-drain --help DESCRIPTION
dpm-drain drains a component of the Light Weight Disk Pool Manager: a filesystem, a disk server or a pool, optionally filtered by a list of gids/groups. It replicates files which belong to the given list of gids/groups (if specified) to another filesystem and removes the origi- nal file. It gives an error message for files still pinned. The pool name, the disk server name or the filesystem name can be specified. Volatile files which have expired will not be copied and will be deleted during the draining process. If no specfic file server and file system is specified, or no limit is placed on the files to drain, then the involved active file sys- tem(s) will have their status changed to RDONLY. If any of the involved file systems are marked as DISABLED they will not have their sta- tus changed, however an attempt will still be made to replicate the files from them and, if successful, delete the original. Files which are to be moved and belong to a space will be moved to a different location (e.g. file system or disk server) but remain in the same space. If there is no alternate location within the same space an error will be reported for the file and it will not be drained. Replicas of files with a lifetime will also have lifetime at least as long as the original. If this is not possible (for example available pools have a maximum lifetime too short) then an error is given and the file will not be drained. This command requires ADMIN privilege. pool_name specifies the disk pool name previously defined using dpm-addpool. server specifies the host name of the disk server to be drained. fs specifies the mount point of the dedicated filesystem. gid specifies the comma separated list of gids to which the files must belong. group specifies the comma separated list of groups to which the files must belong. size specifies the minimum number of bytes to drain. The number may be post-fixed with 'k', 'M', 'G' or 'T' for kilobyte, Megabyte, Giga- byte and Terabyte respectively. Draining is halted once the desired target has been reached or passed. If size is not specified or is given as zero dpm-drain will drain all eligible files. EXAMPLE
setenv DPM_HOST dpmhost setenv DPNS_HOST dpnshost dpm-drain --poolname Permanent dpm-drain --server lxb1921.cern.ch dpm-drain --server lxb1921.cern.ch --fs /storage dpm-drain --poolname Permanent --gid 105 dpm-drain --server lxb1921.cern.ch --group dteam dpm-drain --server lxb1921.cern.ch --gid 105,104 EXIT STATUS
This program returns 0 if the operation was successful or >0 if the operation failed. SEE ALSO
dpm(1), dpm-qryconf(1) LCG
$Date: 2010-04-20 09:11:48 +0200 (Tue, 20 Apr 2010) $ DPM-DRAIN(1)