Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX How to Check the what runtime package is applied on AIX OS Post 302599365 by meetmallela on Friday 17th of February 2012 12:27:10 AM
Old 02-17-2012
How to Check the what runtime package is applied on AIX OS

Hi Experts,

How to Check the what runtime package is applied on AIX OS?

I would like to verify if “xlcpp.rte.10.1.0.aix.base” package is applied or not ?

thanks in advance.

-Mallela

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. AIX

AIX maintenance package 4.3.

Hello, we have an 7015-R40, we want to update AIX. oslevel shows 4.3.2.0 At ibm.com we found following AIX 4300-11 maintenance package Recommended maintenance for AIX 4.3.3 It's possible to update the system with this file or does we need another source? Thank you! S. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sagitario
8 Replies

2. AIX

How to check if a package is already installed?

Hi All, I want to check if the perl DBI package is already installed my AIX unix machine. is there any command to check this? Please help. Thanks, Am (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: am_yadav
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Allocate memory for a shell script in Aix at runtime-urgent critical

How to allocate memory for a shell script on aix box at the time of execution i.e at runtime Are there any commands for AIX in specific Thanks in Advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: aixjadoo
1 Replies

4. AIX

AIX relocatable package help

Hi, I have created a relocatable AIX package named Test. The USIL is /abc bash-2.05b# lsusil INSTALL PATH = /abc COMMENTS = None Generally if a package gets installed in "/opt/Test" and i want to relocate it to "/abc" it gets installed under "/abc/Test". This happens the way in Solaris,... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: vibhor_agarwali
2 Replies

5. AIX

runtime libs accessed by application in AIX

Hi , I need some inputs on runtime or shared libs for an application(s) in AIX . i have a requirement saying i need to rehost all the production applications into new AIX OS . Here Source and target oS is AIX but with different versions so for this i need to identify what are the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: naren_chella
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Check latest patch applied on UNIX server

hi all, i need to check the latest patch applied on my unix server. here is the server info: bash-3.2$ uname -a SunOS usa0300uz1226 5.10 Generic_148888-01 sun4u sparc SUNW,SPARC-Enterprise please tell which is the command for checking patch? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lovelysethii
1 Replies

7. Solaris

Check that supersede of package version is installed

I need a programmatic way to check, that supersede of required package is installed. At Linux I do it using rpmvercm utility to compare installed package version to my minimal requirement. So - I need analog of Linux "rpmvercm" utility for Solaris (10/11) Let us say - I know that minimal version... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: zuismanm
10 Replies

8. AIX

Embedding Runtime Search Path into Library on AIX

My product has 2 libraries say "x & y". x depends on y. During the installation of my products package, user will be prompted for his own location to copy my product libraries. Installation will copy libraries "x & y" and create my product specific ENV variable say "MYPATH" pointing to User... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: erra_krishna
4 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX runtime programming issue

I hope my title is accurate enough. I have a product that we port to various UNIX platforms. It is known to run on AIX but using the IBM compiler from years ago. Recently we got a different used AIX P5 platform running AIX 5.3 and we setup the GCC compiler (4.4.5 I think). C and C++ source code.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Pug
5 Replies

10. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Redhat check when package was updated

Is there a way to check when a package was updated on your redhat system? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cokedude
2 Replies
lldptool(8)							       Linux							       lldptool(8)

NAME
evb - Show / manipulate EVB TLV configuration SYNOPSIS
lldptool -t -g ncb -i ethx -V evbCfg -c enableTx lldptool -T -g ncb -i ethx -V evbCfg -c enableTx=[yes|no] lldptool -t -g ncb -i ethx -V evbCfg -c fmode lldptool -T -g ncb -i ethx -V evbCfg -c fmode=[bridge|reflectiverelay] lldptool -t -g ncb -i ethx -V evbCfg -c capabilities lldptool -T -g ncb -i ethx -V evbCfg -c capabilities=[rte|ecp|vdp|none] lldptool -t -g ncb -i ethx -V evbCfg -c rte lldptool -T -g ncb -i ethx -V evbCfg -c rte=[<rte>] lldptool -t -g ncb -i ethx -V evbCfg -c vsis lldptool -T -g ncb -i ethx -V evbCfg -c vsis=[<number of vsis>] DESCRIPTION
The EVB TLV is a TLV to announce the station and bridge's edge virtual bridging (evb) capabilities and request the bridge forwarding mode. If both sides have agree on edge control protocol (ECP), VSI discovery protocol (VDP) capabilities, both sides can exchange VDP TLV using ECP frames. The vsis parameter will set the maximum number of VSIs and show the number of currently configured VSIs. ARGUMENTS
enableTx Enables the EVB TLV to be transmitted fmode shows or sets the forwarding mode between bridge (default) or reflectiverelay (RR). capabilities shows or sets the local capabilities that are announced to the adjacent switch in the TLV. This parameter will accept any combina- tion of rte, vdp or ecp, separated by ",". Use the keyword "none" if you do not want to set any capabilities. rte shows or set the local run time exponent (RTE). The RTE will be used as the base for the timing of the ECP and VDP protocols. vsis shows or sets the number of virtual station interfaces (VSIs) that are announced to the adjacent switch in the TLV. This parameter expects a number between 0 and 65535. Theory of Operation The EVB TLV is used to announce and exchange supported parameters between the station and an adjacent switch. The TLV uses the nearest cus- tomer bridge agent. If "reflectiverelay" is set as forwarding mode, the switch will allow "reflection" of frames coming from different sources at the same port back to the port. This will allow communication between virtual machines on the same host via the switch. The capabilities parameter is used to set RTE, ECP and VDP support. VDP TLVs in ECP frames can only be exchanged if both sides agree on ECP and VDP as capabilities. RTE will be used as the base timing parameter for ECP and VDP. EXAMPLE &; USAGE Display locally configured values for eth8 lldptool -t -g ncb -i eth8 -V evbCfg Display remotely configured values for eth8 lldptool -n -g ncb -t -i eth8 -V evbCfg Display wether evb tlv is configured for tx on eth8 lldptool -t -g ncb -i eth8 -V evbCfg -c enableTx Display the currently requested forwarding mode for eth8 lldptool -t -g ncb -i eth8 -V evbCfg -c fmode Set the forwarding mode to reflective relay lldptool -T -g ncb -i eth8 -V evbCfg -c fmode=reflectiverelay Display the currently configured capabilities lldptool -t -g ncb -i ethx -V evbCfg -c capabilities Set the locally possible capabilities to RTE, ECP and VDP lldptool -T -g ncb -i ethx -V evbCfg -c capabilities=rte,ecp,vdp Resets the locally possible capabilities to "none" lldptool -T -g ncb -i ethx -V evbCfg -c capabilities=none Display the locally configured value for RTE lldptool -t -g ncb -i ethx -V evbCfg -c rte Set the value for RTE lldptool -T -g ncb -i ethx -V evbCfg -c rte=[<rte>] Display the configured maximum number of VSIs lldptool -t -g ncb -i ethx -V evbCfg -c vsis Set the maximum number of VSIs lldptool -T -g ncb -i ethx -V evbCfg -c vsis=[<number of vsis>] SOURCE
o IEEE 802.1Qbg (http://www.ieee802.org/1/pages/802.1bg.html) NOTES
Currently the code in lldpad reflects draft 0 of the upcoming standard. EVB TLVs on the wire can be decoded with wireshark > v1.6. SEE ALSO
lldptool-vdp(8), lldptool(8), lldpad(8) AUTHOR
Jens Osterkamp open-lldp February 2010 lldptool(8)