Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: VNC not executing xstartup
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers VNC not executing xstartup Post 302599338 by spinner0205 on Thursday 16th of February 2012 09:18:43 PM
Old 02-16-2012
Well I have a feeling it has something to do with the Unable to register authentication agent error in the log.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Vnc

Anyone know of a site where I can download a copy (non-evaluation copy and preferably free. ;) nods to Neo's post in UNIX Operating System thread) of VNC for RedHat 8? Thanks in advance. (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: google
7 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Xstartup file failure - HELP !!

Hi, dear Experts ! I need some help, again. Earlier in my work I experienced that one script included in '/etc/dt/config/Xstartup' file caused some serious troubles. But this is another story. The point here is: I changed the script so that it worked again. But... After restart of... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DGoubine
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

VNC Timer

Hello fellows, I am new in this forum, i would appreciate your assistance. I need a timming system for my vnc desktops (Cybercafe timer stuff). Each unix user login to my server only with vnc, and i want to write a program that can generate timer tickets and have control on the time used for... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: foweja
0 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Timer for VNC

Hello fellows, I am new in this forum, i would appreciate your assistance. I need a timming system for my vnc desktops (Cybercafe timer stuff). Each unix user login to my server only with vnc, and i want to write a program that can generate timer tickets and have control on the time used for... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: foweja
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Problem with VNC

Hi all, I have vncserver installed on Sun Solaris 8. The xstartup file looks like: #!/bin/sh && xrdb $HOME/.Xresources xsetroot -solid grey xterm -geometry 80x24+10+10 -ls -title "$VNCDESKTOP Desktop" & /usr/dt/bin/dtwm & I have installed VNC on /usr/local/bin. When I try to... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: naw_deepak
0 Replies

6. Solaris

VNC Connect

Hi all, Almost at my wit ends, trying to connect to vnc port 0 on Solaris 10. configured Xservers with the followin: :0 Local local_uid@none root /usr/X11/bin/Xserver :0 -rfbauth /etc/.vnc/passwd -rfbport 5900 :1 Local local_uid@none root /usr/X11/bin/Xserver :1 -rfbauth... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: srage
1 Replies

7. Red Hat

VNC problem

Hello all, I have the folowing problem: When I connected to a VNC server instance, the screen on the vncserver was frezzed. So, I executed the following commands in order to reestablish the VNC instance: service vncserver stop service vncserver start No problem at this point, but now when... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: mig28mx
5 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

using VNC to connect RH

Hi, I am using VNC to connect to Redhat ES. VNC works great, but when I minimize, I can't seem to bring that window back up. Any one know how to do that. I try ALT -TAB, that brings my Windows, I am trying to bring different terminal windows with in VNC. Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: samnyc
1 Replies

9. Solaris

vnc Issue

Dear all, I recently installed did VNC configuration on a Solaris Server. I am using VNC E4 2 7 as my Windows client. The issue is that every time I log into my machine and use terminal ( a few commands like df -h or any other command and then close VNC ( windows). When I log back in ,... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Junaid Subhani
9 Replies

10. Ubuntu

vnc xstartup File

Hello everyone I'm new to linux scripting, but I do have experience with Java programming and batch file scripting in Windows. I'm trying to setup the xstartup file for a machine that I have on my network that is running Lubuntu. On Ubuntu's VNC HowTo page they have a script that will configure a... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: silencer230
1 Replies
PMDARSYSLOG(1)						       Performance Co-Pilot						    PMDARSYSLOG(1)

NAME
pmdarsyslog - rsyslog (reliable and extended syslog) PMDA DESCRIPTION
pmdarsyslog is a Performance Metrics Domain Agent (PMDA) which exports metric values from the rsyslogd(8) server. Further details about rsyslog can be found at http://www.rsyslog.com/. INSTALLATION
If you want access to the names and values for the rsyslog performance metrics, do the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/rsyslog # ./Install If you want to undo the installation, do the following as root: # cd $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/rsyslog # ./Remove pmdarsyslog is launched by pmcd(1) and should never be executed directly. The Install and Remove scripts notify pmcd(1) when the agent is installed or removed. In order to use this agent, rsyslog stats gathering must be enabled. This is done by adding the lines: $ModLoad impstats $PStatsInterval 5 # log every 5 seconds syslog.info |/var/log/pcp/rsyslog/stats to your rsyslog.conf(5) configuration file after installing the PMDA. Take care to ensure the syslog.info messages do not get logged in any other file, as this could unexpectedly fill your filesystem. Syntax useful for this is syslog.!=info for explicitly excluding these. FILES
/var/log/pcp/rsyslog/stats named pipe containing statistics exported from rsyslog, usually created by the PMDA Install script. $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/rsyslog/Install installation script for the pmdarsyslog agent $PCP_PMDAS_DIR/rsyslog/Remove undo installation script for the pmdarsyslog agent $PCP_LOG_DIR/pmcd/rsyslog.log default log file for error messages from pmdarsyslog SEE ALSO
pmcd(1), rsyslog.conf(5), rsyslogd(8). 3.8.10 Performance Co-Pilot PMDARSYSLOG(1)