Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting comparing two files for matching fields Post 302599331 by balajesuri on Thursday 16th of February 2012 08:20:31 PM
Old 02-16-2012
Code:
perl -e 'open F1,"< file_a.text"; open F2,"< file_b.text";
while (1) {
    $l1 = <F1>; $l2 = <F2>; last unless ($l1 || $l2);
    chomp ($l1, $l2);
    print "$l1\n" if ($l1-$l2 <= 0.5 && $l1-$l2 >= -0.5);
}
close (F1, F2)'

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Merging two files by comparing three fields

Hi Experts, I need your timely help. I have a problem with merging two files. Here my situation : Here I have to compare first three fields from FILE1 with FILE2. If they are equal, I have to append the remaining values from FILE2 with FILE1 to create the output. FILE1: Class ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hunter85
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two files and replacing fields

I have two files with ids and email addresses. File 2 cotains a subset of the records in file 1. The key field is the first field containing the id. file 1: 123|myadr@abc.com 456|myadr2@abc.com 789|myadr3@abc.com file 2: 456|adr456@xyz.com Where the record appears in the second... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: tltroy
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing fields in two files

Hi, i want to compare two files by one field say $3 in file1 needs to compare with $2 in file2. sample file1 - reqd_charge_code 2263881188,24570896,439 2263881964,24339077,439 2263883220,22619162,228 2263884224,24631840,442 2263884246,22612161,442 sample file2 - rg_j ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raghavendra.cse
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two files and inserting new fields

Hi all, I searched the forum and tried to learn from the similar posts. However, I am new and I need to get help on this. I hope an expert kindly help me to sort this out. I need to compare field 1 and 2 of the first file with the same fields of the second file and if both fields matches... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: GoldenFire
9 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem in comparing 2 fields from 2 files

I've 2 files. Need to compare File1.Field1,File1.Field2 with File2.Field1,File2.Field2. If matches then create a new file. File1 10 A|ADB|967143.24|1006101.5 3E HK|DHB|24294.76|242513.89 ABN ACU|ADB|22104.69|51647.14 ABN BU|DBA|39137.14|109128.38 ABN|ADB|64466.89|167936.55 ABOC... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: buster
2 Replies

6. Programming

comparing two fields from two different files in AWK

Hi, I have two files formatted as following: File 1: (user_num_ID , realID) (the NR here is 41671) 1 cust_034_60 2 cust_80_91 3 cust_406_4 .. .. File 2: (realID , clusterNumber) (total NR here is 1000) cust_034_60 2 cust_406_4 3 .. .. (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: amarn
11 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two files using four fields

I want to compare File1 and File2 (Separated by spaces) using four fields (Column 1,2,4,5). Logic: If column 1 and 2 of File1 and File2 match exactly and if the File2 has the same characters as any of the characters present in column 4 and 5 of file1 then those lines of file1 and file2 are... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NamS
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two files using four fields

Dear All, I want to compare File1 and File2 (Separated by spaces) using four fields (Column 1,2,4,5). Logic: If column 1 and 2 of File1 and File2 match exactly and if the File2 has the same characters as any of the characters present in column 4 and 5 of file1 then those lines of file1 and file2... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: NamS
6 Replies

9. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Need urgent help in comparing two fields in two files

Hi all, I have two files as below. I need to compare field 2 of file 1 against field 1 of file 2 and field 5 of file 1 against filed 2 of file 2. If both matches , then create a result file 1 with first file data and if not matches , then create file with first fie data. Please help me in... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sivarajb
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Comparing two files by two matching fields

Long time listener first time poster. Hope someone can advise. I have two files, 1000+ lines in each, two fields in each file. After performing a sort, what is the best way to find exact matches where field $1 and $2 in file1 are also present in file2 on the same line, then output only those... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: bstaff
6 Replies
Directory::Scratch::Structured(3pm)			User Contributed Perl Documentation		       Directory::Scratch::Structured(3pm)

NAME
Directory::Scratch::Structured - creates temporary files and directories from a structured description SYNOPSIS
my %tree_structure = ( dir_1 => { subdir_1 =>{}, file_1 =>[], file_a => [], }, dir_2 => { subdir_2 => { file_22 =>[], file_2a =>[], }, file_2 =>[], file_a =>['12345'], file_b =>[], }, file_0 => [] , ) ; use Directory::Scratch::Structured qw(create_structured_tree) ; my $temporary_directory = create_structured_tree(%tree_structure) ; or use Directory::Scratch ; use Directory::Scratch::Structured qw(piggyback_directory_scratch) ; my $temporary_directory = Directory::Scratch->new; $temporary_directory->create_structured_tree(%tree_structure) ; DESCRIPTION
This module adds a create_structured_tree subroutine to the Directory::Scratch. DOCUMENTATION
I needed a subroutine to create a bunch of temporary directories and files while running tests. I used the excellent Directory::Scratch to implement such a functionality. I proposed the subroutine to the Directory::Scratch author but he preferred to implement a subroutine using an unstructured input data based on the fact that Directory::Scratch didn't use structured data. This is, IMHO, flawed design, though it may require slightly less typing. I proposed a hybrid solution to reduce the amount of subroutines and integrate the subroutine using structured input into Directory::Scratch but we didn't reach an agreement on the API. Instead I decided that I would piggyback on Directory::Scratch. You can access create_structured_tree through a subroutine or a method through a Directory::Scratch object. Whichever interface you choose, the argument to the create_structured_tree consists of tuples (hash entries). The key represents the name of the object to create in the directory. If the value is of type: ARRAY A file will be created, it's contents are the contents of the array (See Directory::Scratch) HASH A directory will be created. the element of the hash will also be , recursively, created OTHER The subroutine will croak. SUBROUTINES
/METHODS create_structured_tree use Directory::Scratch::Structured qw(create_structured_tree) ; my $temporary_directory = create_structured_tree(%tree_structure) ; my $base = $temporary_directory->base() ; Returns a default Directory::Scratch object. directory_scratch_create_structured_tree Adds create_structured_tree to Directory::Scratch when you Load Directory::Scratch::Structured with the piggyback_directory_scratch option. use Directory::Scratch ; use Directory::Scratch::Structured qw(piggyback_directory_scratch) ; my $temporary_directory = Directory::Scratch->new; $temporary_directory->create_structured_tree(%tree_structure) ; _create_structured_tree Used internally by both interfaces piggyback Used internally to piggyback Directory::Scratch. BUGS AND LIMITATIONS
None so far. AUTHOR
Khemir Nadim ibn Hamouda CPAN ID: NKH mailto:nadim@khemir.net LICENSE AND COPYRIGHT
This program is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. SUPPORT
You can find documentation for this module with the perldoc command. perldoc Directory::Scratch::Structured You can also look for information at: o AnnoCPAN: Annotated CPAN documentation <http://annocpan.org/dist/Directory-Scratch-Structured> o RT: CPAN's request tracker Please report any bugs or feature requests to L <bug-directory-scratch-structured@rt.cpan.org>. We will be notified, and then you'll automatically be notified of progress on your bug as we make changes. o Search CPAN <http://search.cpan.org/dist/Directory-Scratch-Structured> SEE ALSO
Directory::Scratch perl v5.10.1 2010-03-22 Directory::Scratch::Structured(3pm)