Sponsored Content
Homework and Emergencies Emergency UNIX and Linux Support Changing executable dependency Post 302599263 by Corona688 on Thursday 16th of February 2012 01:58:28 PM
Old 02-16-2012
Which "any other path" would you like it to depend on? It has to depend on something. Usually it's the path itself that's generic, a symbolic link that just points to the latest JRE.

What's your system?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

process dependency

how to find all the processes associated with a given process in unix,is there any command for this. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: laddu
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Dependency problems with Fedora7

Hey guys, I installed Fedora7 from DVD yesterday. I have previously worked with RHEL4 and Fedora4(As of RPM based systems). I used to copy all the rpms from the media to a directory. #mkdir /rpms #copy /path_to_rpms_in_media/* /rpms/ My intention for doing this was to get around the... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: tmm
0 Replies

3. Solaris

Dependency problem

Hi all am new to solaris ............ i installed amanda client pkg that time am getting lots of dependency problem.......... is there any Yum server like things in solaris Regards ' prAn (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: pran
8 Replies

4. Infrastructure Monitoring

Weird dependency problem!

Hi, I want to install net-snmp-devel package but i have following dependecy problem. It's very odd, i don't get it. One of packages is depended on the other one, the other one is depended on the previous one as well. :S :S Could you help me please? Here are the steps: # ls -l total... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: oduth
4 Replies

5. Programming

Fortran dependency checking

Hello, I'm creating an add-on for a large piece of software written in Fortran. In my directory I reference subroutines in other directories, which in turn reference more subroutines. I'm running into trouble because on occasion the developers of the main software change some sub calls. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kudude
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

make -j dependency

Hi, I had a make file, something like that, all: cd dir1; make cd dir2; make the problem is the makefile under dir2 need some objs from dir1, so I need to set some dependency let dir2 run only after the dir1 run is done. how to set the dependency? Thanks. peter (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: laopi
2 Replies

7. HP-UX

Library dependency coming out of nowhere

I'm building on a HP-UX ia64 system. During building, I'm getting an error ld: Can't find dependent library "libnnz10.so" Nowhere in my makefile do I link with this library. This library is there in the directory /databases/oracle10.2.0_64BIT/lib. I'm having two source files ora8ibulk.cpp... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: old_as_a_fossil
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Processing Dependency Printing

Gurus, I came across a typical requirement where the input is like- TRANS FIRM DEPT CUST TRANS CUST TRANS DEPT FIRM CUST & the expected Output is- CUST DEPT FIRM TRANS This is basically a dependency list for processing the tables where FIRM is feeding data to TRANS... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kapeeljoshi
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get the missing dependency from two files

#cat hwlock-full.dep libx11-6 >= 1.4.4 libz1 >= 1.2.7 libtinfo5 >= 5.9 libxcb1 >= 1.8.1 numactl >= 2.0.8+rc4 libpixman-1-0 >= 0.29.2 libxml2 >= 2.7.8 libxext6 >= 1.3.1 libxrender1 >= 0.9.7 libfreetype6 >= 2.4.9 libxcb-render0 >= 1.8.1 libcairo2 >= 1.12.14 libc6 >= 2.15 libxcb-shm0... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: yanglei_fage
7 Replies
resolvepath(2)							   System Calls 						    resolvepath(2)

NAME
resolvepath - resolve all symbolic links of a path name SYNOPSIS
#include <unistd.h> int resolvepath(const char *path, char *buf, size_t bufsiz); DESCRIPTION
The resolvepath() function fully resolves all symbolic links in the path name path into a resulting path name free of symbolic links and places the resulting path name in the buffer buf which has size bufsiz. The resulting path name names the same file or directory as the original path name. All ``.'' components are eliminated and every non-leading ``..'' component is eliminated together with its preceding directory component. If leading ``..'' components reach to the root directory, they are replaced by ``/''. If the number of bytes in the resulting path name is less than bufsiz, the contents of the remainder of buf are unspecified. RETURN VALUES
Upon successful completion, resolvepath() returns the count of bytes placed in the buffer. Otherwise, it returns -1, leaves the buffer unchanged, and sets errno to indicate the error. ERRORS
The resolvepath() function will fail if: EACCES Search permission is denied for a component of the path prefix of path or for a path prefix component resulting from the resolution of a symbolic link. EFAULT The path or buf argument points to an illegal address. EIO An I/O error occurred while reading from the file system. ENOENT The path argument is an empty string or a component of path or a path name component produced by resolving a sym- bolic link does not name an existing file. ELOOP Too many symbolic links were encountered in resolving path. ENAMETOOLONG The length of path exceeds PATH_MAX, or a path name component is longer than NAME_MAX. Path name resolution of a symbolic link produced an intermediate result whose length exceeds PATH_MAX or a component whose length exceeds NAME_MAX. ENOTDIR A component of the path prefix of path or of a path prefix component resulting from the resolution of a symbolic link is not a directory. USAGE
No more than PATH_MAX bytes will be placed in the buffer. Applications should not assume that the returned contents of the buffer are null- terminated. SEE ALSO
readlink(2), realpath(3C) SunOS 5.10 12 May 1997 resolvepath(2)