Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to use javascript code in unix shell? Post 302599213 by Azrael on Thursday 16th of February 2012 12:19:57 PM
Old 02-16-2012
Not positive if you are showing part of your code, or the whole thing? If this is a separate file that is called from another web page you will still need the opening #!/bin/bash. If this is a stand-alone web page you will also need opening and closing html in there. Not sure what your intended conditions are supposed to be either. Try what I've suggested if you haven't already. If you already have, reply back more details on what your conditions are and more code if you have it.

Good luck!

Last edited by Azrael; 02-16-2012 at 01:21 PM.. Reason: Grammar

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling Shell script in javascript

All I want to call a KORN shell script inside a javascript. Is it possible ? Please help me to do this. I want to return or read from shell script in javascript. Thanx in advance Regards Deepak Xavier (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DeepakXavier
1 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Function of Javascript within Unix Network

What attacks can a Unix box get through Javascript? Is the Web Client secure against Javascript attacks if any? Do we have a Trojan horse made in JavaScript? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: netass
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

clear complex javascript code

Hi, Please advise how can we clear the following javascript content from a file commandline, probably using awk or sed File before removing the content. ################################ root@server1 # cat index.html This is a test page <script language=JavaScript>function d(x){var... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fed.linuxgossip
6 Replies

4. Web Development

Javascript -> Shell Script

Hi all, I am trying to call a shell script from a javascript function. This works fine and the shell script returns everything I expected BUT I cannot figure out how to pass command line arguments to this shell script. Using GET, I assume the url being called needs to be one string with no... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mark007
7 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Report on Javascript attacks on Unix

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Prepare a report discussing from an administration and security perspective, role and function of a JavaScript within a UNIX network. You should illustrate your answer with practical examples. In particular attention should me paid to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: afdesignz
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to use javascript as shell script

<html> <head> <title>Weather & Aviation Page - METAR decoder</title> <meta name="Title" content="Weather & Aviation Page - METAR decoder"> <meta name="Keywords" content="METAR decoder"> <meta name="Publisher" content="SkyStef"> <meta name="Description" content="SkyStefs weather and aviation... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuajay1988
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use JavaScript in UNIX Shell scripting?

I want to navigate through a webpage and save that page in my system local automatically. How can I do that by using JavaScript in a Unix shell script. Any suggestions are welcome! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi3093
3 Replies

8. Web Development

JavaScript code - UNIX grep?

Hi I am new to JavaScript & haven't done much work with it, but have mainly experience with UNIX. I have a piece of code where I want to grep (excuse the UNIX language :D) for a id and get the number from that. { "time": 900, "avail": 1, "price": 0, "datetime":... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpsa27
8 Replies
XWORD(1)						      General Commands Manual							  XWORD(1)

NAME
xword - do crossword puzzles in the Across Lite format SYNOPSIS
xword [puzzlefile.puz]... DESCRIPTION
Xword is a GTK program for doing crossword puzzles. It can read and write puzzles in the Across Lite file format. Consequently, it works well for doing puzzles from The New York Times. As well as a clock, it supports printing. It also auto-saves puzzles as you solve them so that you can return to partially completed puzzles. USAGE
First, locate a puzzle on the web. The best place to go is the web site of The New York Times. However, it costs money to access these puz- zles. Free puzzles are available from The Houston Chronicle. After you have found a puzzle, click on it in your web browser. Xword will open the puzzle and you can start solving. You can also choose to save the puzzle on your hard disk. Then you can open the puzzle using Xword later. After you have worked on a puzzle for a while, you may want to save your work. There are two ways to save. The easiest way is to close Xword without any further action. The next time you open the same puzzle (either by opening the .puz file or by clicking the same link on the web), you will be asked whether you want to continue where you left off. If you choose to continue, all your correct and incorrect answers will be saved, as well as the time on the clock. However, this technique only works for opening the puzzle on the same computer. If you need to open the saved puzzle on a different com- puter, then you can choose "Save" from the "File" menu. The saved file can be opened with Xword on any computer. However, incorrect answers and the time on the clock will not be saved. To print a puzzle, select "Print" from the "File" menu. You can see what the printed puzzle will look like by clicking "Print Preview". You can select the paper size and orientation by clicking on the "Paper" tab (puzzles are usually easier to read in landscape mode). Sometimes a puzzle will be locked so that the answers are unavailable. Unfortunately, Xword's support for locked puzzles is somewhat flaky. When using a locked puzzle, you should not click on the "Check" or "Solve" buttons, since they will give incorrect information. How- ever, you can still use Xword to enter answers for a locked puzzle. Later, when an unlocked version of the puzzle is released (usually the next day), open it using Xword. When asked, choose to continue where you left off. Now you can use the "Check" and "Solve" buttons to see how well you did. Sometimes crosswords will come with a four-digit code to unlock a locked puzzle file. This code is not needed by Xword ... For more information, see the project home page at <https://alioth.debian.org/projects/xword/>. AUTHOR
xword was originally written by Bill McCloskey <bill.mccloskey@gmail.com>. This manual page was written by John Sullivan <johns@debian.org>, for the Debian project (but may be used by others). BUGS
Please report bugs to <https://alioth.debian.org/tracker/?atid=413106&group_id=100419&func=browse>. December 3, 2007 XWORD(1)