Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Display files created on particular date & time Post 302599212 by Corona688 on Thursday 16th of February 2012 12:19:16 PM
Old 02-16-2012
-mmin is a GNU-only option. You probably won't have it outside of Linux.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

display files created in a particular month

hi, i m new to unix. I have been trying to find all the files in my home directory and its subdirectories that are created in the month of september. Can anyone please help me with this??? (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: t_harsha18
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Determine date and time the file was created through shell scripts

Can I determine when the particular file was created, in korn-shell. Can please someone help me. If possible please mail the solution to me. my mail id: bharat.surana@gmail.com (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: BharatSurana
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files created between specific date and time

Hi I need to write a script to list files in a directory created within specific date and time for eg list files created between Apr 25 2007 11:00 to Apr 26 2007 18:00. and then i have to count them Any suggestions pls ? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jazjit
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Copying files created after a specified date/time

I need to write a script that copies files from one directory to another that were created after "today 6:30". This script will be NOT be ran at the same time each day. any help is appreciated. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jm6601
2 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Display files created on particular date

hi , i am trying to display the files created on a particular date. I have tried using find .-mtime +n but these files are created on november 6th 2007 , so i'm not sure of what the 'n' value should be. And the number of files created on that particular day are more than 5000 so i have to make a... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: amit_kv1983
6 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Convert Epoch Time to Standard Date and Time & Vice Versa

Hi guys, I know that this topic has been discuss numerous times, and I have search the net and this forum for it. However, non able to address the problem I faced so far. I am on Solaris Platform and unable to install additional packages like the GNU date and gawk to make use of their... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: DrivesMeCrazy
5 Replies

7. Linux

rename files in a folder with date&time stamp

Hi, I want to rename all the files (more than 100 files) in a fodler to another folder with date&time stamp. foe eg, file1.dat file2.dat file3.dat .. to be renamed as file1100629_16_30_15.txt (yy-mon-dd_hh_mi_ss) file1100629_16_30_16.txt .. so on (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: feroz
2 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

List Files Based On Time & Date

Hi All, I am using HP Unix. I want to list files which are created 5 minutes before on the same day as well as before today's date. I checked all the forums and the commands provided there does not work on HP Unix. Can you please help me on this? Your help is highly aprreciated. Thanks and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: angshuman
3 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Find the count of files by last created date based on the given date range

My unix version is IBM AIX Version 6.1 I tried google my requirement and found the below answer, find . -newermt “2012-06-15 08:13" ! -newermt “2012-06-15 18:20" But newer command is not working in AIX version 6.1 unix I have given my requirement below: Input: atr files: ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: yuvaa27
1 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

At jobs - created date and time

Hi, I'm running atq for a user and its showing 2 'at' jobs in the queue to start at a later time. > atq Is there any way i can find out the creation date/time of these jobs? and ideally what job created them and what script(s) they are going to run? All i can see is the job number and... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: finn
3 Replies
DATE(1) 						    BSD General Commands Manual 						   DATE(1)

NAME
date -- display or set date and time SYNOPSIS
date [-ajnu] [-d date] [-r seconds] [+format] [[[[[[CC]yy]mm]dd]HH]MM[.SS]] DESCRIPTION
date displays the current date and time when invoked without arguments. Providing arguments will format the date and time in a user-defined way or set the date. Only the superuser may set the date. The options are as follows: -a Use adjtime(2) to change the local system time slowly, maintaining it as a monotonically increasing function. -a implies -n. -d date Parse the provided human-described date and time and display the result without actually changing the system clock. (See parsedate(3) for examples.) -j Parse the provided canonical representation of date and time (described below) and display the result without actually changing the system clock. -n The utility timed(8) is used to synchronize the clocks on groups of machines. By default, if timed is running, date will set the time on all of the machines in the local group. The -n option stops date from setting the time for other than the current machine. -r seconds Print out the date and time that is seconds from the Epoch. -u Display or set the date in UTC (universal) time. An operand with a leading plus (+) sign signals a user-defined format string which specifies the format in which to display the date and time. The format string may contain any of the conversion specifications described in the strftime(3) manual page, as well as any arbitrary text. A <newline> character is always output after the characters specified by the format string. The format string for the default display is: %a %b %e %H:%M:%S %Z %Y If an operand does not have a leading plus sign, it is interpreted as a value for setting the system's notion of the current date and time. The canonical representation for setting the date and time is: CC The first two digits of the year (the century). yy The second two digits of the year. If yy is specified, but CC is not, a value for yy between 69 and 99 results in a CC value of 19. Otherwise, a CC value of 20 is used. mm The month of the year, from 01 to 12. dd The day of the month, from 01 to 31. HH The hour of the day, from 00 to 23. MM The minute of the hour, from 00 to 59. SS The second of the minute, from 00 to 61. Everything but the minutes is optional. Time changes for Daylight Saving and Standard time and leap seconds and years are handled automatically. ENVIRONMENT
The following environment variables affect the execution of date: TZ The timezone to use when displaying dates. See environ(7) for more information. FILES
/etc/localtime Symlink pointing to system's default timezone information file in /usr/share/zoneinfo directory. /var/log/wtmp A record of date resets and time changes. /var/log/messages A record of the user setting the time. EXAMPLES
The command: date '+DATE: %m/%d/%y%nTIME: %H:%M:%S' will display: DATE: 11/21/87 TIME: 13:36:16 The command: date 8506131627 sets the date to ``June 13, 1985, 4:27 PM''. The command: date 1432 sets the time to 2:32 PM, without modifying the date. DIAGNOSTICS
Exit status is 0 on success, 1 if unable to set the date, and 2 if able to set the local date, but unable to set it globally. Occasionally, when timed(8) synchronizes the time on many hosts, the setting of a new time value may require more than a few seconds. On these occasions, date prints: 'Network time being set'. The message 'Communication error with timed' occurs when the communication between date and timed fails. SEE ALSO
adjtime(2), gettimeofday(2), settimeofday(2), parsedate(3), strftime(3), utmp(5), timed(8) R. Gusella and S. Zatti, TSP: The Time Synchronization Protocol for UNIX 4.3BSD. STANDARDS
The date utility is expected to be compatible with IEEE Std 1003.2 (``POSIX.2''). BSD
November 15, 2006 BSD