Sponsored Content
Top Forums Programming perl: code execution via specially crafted regular expression. It it possible ? Post 302599172 by +Yan on Thursday 16th of February 2012 11:00:39 AM
Old 02-16-2012
To my understanding, the problem could be narrowed down to the ability of the user to close my regex line with valid regex characters, and add system("do_something_nasty"); to the script for example. In other hand I'm not quite sure how exactly one perl script is being translated and executed. I.e. is it fraction by fraction, or it's all translated prior to execution, and then binary code is executed ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expression help in perl

Hi all, I am trying to match a multi line string and return the matching string in one line. Here is the perl code that I wrote: #!/usr/bin/perl my $str='<title>My title</title>'; if ($str =~ /(<title>)(+)(<\/title>)/ ){ print "$2\n"; } It returns : My title I want the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdubey
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl regular expression

letz say that my file has 7 records with only one field. So my file has: 11111111 000000000000000 1111 aaaabbbccc 1111111222000000 aaaaaaaa zz All i need is: 1. when the field has a repetition of the same instance(a-z or 0-9), i would consideer it to be invalid.... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: helengoldman
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

regular expression in perl

hi, i want to extract the sessionID from this line. QnA Session Id : here the output should be-- QnA_SessionID=128589 Thanks NT (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: namishtiwari
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

PERL regular expression

Hello all, I need to match the red expressions in the following lines : MACRO_P+P-_scrambledServices_REM_PRC30.xml MACRO_P+P-_scrambledServices_REM_RS636.xml MACRO_P+P-_scrambledServices_REM_RS535.xml and so on... Can anyone give me a PERL regular expression to match those characters ? ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: lsaas
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl regular expression

Dear all, I have a simple issue on a perl regular expression. I want to get the characters in red from the next lines : POWER_key LEFT_key RIGHT_key OK_key DOWN_key and so on... Thanks in advance for reply. Ludo (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: lsaas
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Regular expression in Perl

Hi, I need and expression for a word like abc_xyz_ykklm The expresion should indicate that the word starts with abc and end with ykklm but does not contain xyz string in the middle. Example: abc_tmn_ykklm is ok and abc_xyz_ykklm is not Ok. Please help. Regards. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: asth
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need perl regular expression

Hi, I am looking for a Perl regular expression to match the below pattern of a java script file. var so = object.device.load('camera','value'); I want to grep out such lines present in the *.js files. The conditions are: a) the line may start with blank space(s) b) always the... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: royalibrahim
3 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl regular expression and %

Could you help me with this please. This regular expression seems to match for the wrong input #!/usr/bin/perl my $inputtext = "W1a$%XXX"; if($inputtext =~ m/+X+/) { print "matches\n"; } The problem seems to be %. if inputtext is W1a$XXX, the regex doesnot match.... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: suppandi7
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Hidden Characters in Regular Expression Matching Perl - Perl Newbie

I am completely new to perl programming. My father is helping me learn said programming language. However, I am stuck on one of the assignments he has given me, and I can't find very much help with it via google, either because I have a tiny attention span, or because I can be very very dense. ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: kittyluva2
4 Replies

10. Programming

Perl: How to read from a file, do regular expression and then replace the found regular expression

Hi all, How am I read a file, find the match regular expression and overwrite to the same files. open DESTINATION_FILE, "<tmptravl.dat" or die "tmptravl.dat"; open NEW_DESTINATION_FILE, ">new_tmptravl.dat" or die "new_tmptravl.dat"; while (<DESTINATION_FILE>) { # print... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jessy83
1 Replies
REGEXP(6)							   Games Manual 							 REGEXP(6)

NAME
regexp - regular expression notation DESCRIPTION
A regular expression specifies a set of strings of characters. A member of this set of strings is said to be matched by the regular expression. In many applications a delimiter character, commonly bounds a regular expression. In the following specification for regular expressions the word `character' means any character (rune) but newline. The syntax for a regular expression e0 is e3: literal | charclass | '.' | '^' | '$' | '(' e0 ')' e2: e3 | e2 REP REP: '*' | '+' | '?' e1: e2 | e1 e2 e0: e1 | e0 '|' e1 A literal is any non-metacharacter, or a metacharacter (one of .*+?[]()|^$), or the delimiter preceded by A charclass is a nonempty string s bracketed [s] (or [^s]); it matches any character in (or not in) s. A negated character class never matches newline. A substring a-b, with a and b in ascending order, stands for the inclusive range of characters between a and b. In s, the metacharacters an initial and the regular expression delimiter must be preceded by a other metacharacters have no special meaning and may appear unescaped. A matches any character. A matches the beginning of a line; matches the end of the line. The REP operators match zero or more (*), one or more (+), zero or one (?), instances respectively of the preceding regular expression e2. A concatenated regular expression, e1e2, matches a match to e1 followed by a match to e2. An alternative regular expression, e0|e1, matches either a match to e0 or a match to e1. A match to any part of a regular expression extends as far as possible without preventing a match to the remainder of the regular expres- sion. SEE ALSO
awk(1), ed(1), sam(1), sed(1), regexp(2) REGEXP(6)