Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris getting to the ok prompt from putty Post 302599082 by little2712 on Thursday 16th of February 2012 06:53:50 AM
Old 02-16-2012
what is your connection mode ......give complete information
This User Gave Thanks to little2712 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

PuTTY 0.59

On my opinion, one of the best ssh/telnet clients for windows, putty released a new version: Get it here, PuTTY 0.59 - PuTTY can now connect to local serial ports as well as making network connections. - Improved speed of SSH, particularly SSH-2 key exchange and public-key authentication -... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: pressy
2 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

putty

i am connecting to a unix-application using putty (xp). sometime, it is as if the putty is sending a form-feed char, because i am getting a blank screen, and by back scrolling i see the previous screen with all the related data. if i am using the xp-telnet, i get the screen/data correctly. ... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mifa-system
7 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK in Putty

I am a beginner with shell script and AWK. I use PUTTY to write shell script. Can I create new AWK script using vi command? I tried sample.awk. But everytime I open this file, the file does not retain anything I typed in. Also, once AWK program is written, how do I execute it? Thanks! (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Sangtha
2 Replies

4. News, Links, Events and Announcements

need help using scp on putty

I am trying to download a file from my server onto my Win XP Pro machine using the scp command in putty, but am having problems. I tried this: scp filename-to-download c:\temp But it says: c: Name or service not known Any help would be appreciated. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jsherk
4 Replies

5. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Help for PuTTy.

I'm using PuTTY to establish a SSH connection to a remote UNIX machine. I need to fetch a file from the remote system into my local Windows system. Is it possible? If yes, how can I do that? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: agnivaccent
2 Replies

6. Red Hat

Putty Command

Hi, I am trying to update my site using putty. My server is in linux. I found few commands that help me to access and do few stuffs in the server. Please add additional command. ls - to list files in a directory: cd - change directory (navigate to some directory): cp - copy a file: mv - move... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: khadkabirendra
5 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regarding the logs on putty

Hi Folks, I have an application and I connect to unix box through putty , sometimes I Have to check the logs and for that I reached to particular directory and write tail -f abc.log Is there any better command so that these logs are dynamically go on increasing while I work on my application... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: KAREENA18
6 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regarding PUTTY

Hello Forum members There is no any time parameter on putty so how can I stay my putty ssh session always Alive? So please reply to my querry. I am looking forward from Forum. Advance Thanks Siva. (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: workforsiva
5 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to Change the % prompt to - prompt in UNIX?

how to Change the % prompt to - prompt in unix :wall: ---------- Post updated at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:38 AM ---------- How To display the last modification time of any file in unix ---------- Post updated at 07:40 AM ---------- Previous update was at 07:40 AM... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: manjiri sawant
2 Replies

10. Solaris

Unable to move from rsc prompt to ok prompt

Hi, on sunfire v890 unable to move from rsc prompt to ok prompt, i have executed the command break. (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: manoj.solaris
9 Replies
dnetcat(1)							   User Commands							dnetcat(1)

NAME
dnetcat - opens a DECnet connection SYNOPSIS
dnetcat {-h|--help} dnetcat [-v] [-z] node[::|[::] ]object dnetcat [-v] [-f] -l object DESCRIPTION
dnetcat is a netcat(1) like tool that opens a DECnet connection and copies all data between the standard input/output to/from the socket. OPTIONS
-v Be verbose. Prints useful (debug) messages. -z Zero IO mode. In this mode a connection is dropped directly after it is opened. This can be used to scan if the remote side listens on the given address and object. -l Listen mode. In this mode dnetcat accepts connections on the given object. -f Fork on new connection. This let netcat accept multiple connections in listen mode. This is ignored if -l is not given. --help, -h Prints a small help. EXAMPLES
This program can be used as 'ProxyCommand' for ssh(1). You may use it via command line like this: ssh -o 'ProxyCommand dnetcat %h ssh' [...] mynode or you may use it in your ~/.ssh/config like this: Host *:: ProxyCommand dnetcat %h ssh This will enable you to connect to any DECnet node by adding "::" at the end of the node name like this: ssh mynode:: For more information on ssh(1) see it's manpage. SEE ALSO
ssh(1), netcat(1). AUTHORS
This program is written by Philipp "ph3-der-loewe" Schafft <lion@lion.leolix.org>. dntools September 2008 dnetcat(1)