Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting How to use javascript code in unix shell? Post 302599058 by l_gshankar24 on Thursday 16th of February 2012 05:36:52 AM
Old 02-16-2012
How to use javascript code in unix shell?

Hi

Need help...I have wrritten one code for html through shell scripting in that i am using java scripts to validate some condition and open the html page without clicking the button....

Code Details
Code:
echo "<script type="text/javascript">"
echo "function exec_refresh()"
echo "{"
       echo " window.status = "Redirecting..." + myvar;"
        echo "myvar = myvar + " .";"
        echo "var timerID = setTimeout("exec_refresh();", 100);"
        echo "if (timeout > 0)"
        echo "{"
               echo" timeout -= 1;"
        echo "}"
        echo "else"
        echo "{"
               echo "clearTimeout(timerID);"
               echo " window.status = "";"
                echo "window.location = "Test.com Web Based Testing and Certification Software v2.0";"
        echo "}"
echo "}"
echo "var myvar = "";"
echo "var timeout = 20;"
echo "exec_refresh();"
echo "</script>"

Moderator's Comments:
Mod Comment How to use code tags

Last edited by Franklin52; 02-16-2012 at 06:55 AM.. Reason: Please use code tags for code and data samples, thank you

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calling Shell script in javascript

All I want to call a KORN shell script inside a javascript. Is it possible ? Please help me to do this. I want to return or read from shell script in javascript. Thanx in advance Regards Deepak Xavier (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: DeepakXavier
1 Replies

2. Cybersecurity

Function of Javascript within Unix Network

What attacks can a Unix box get through Javascript? Is the Web Client secure against Javascript attacks if any? Do we have a Trojan horse made in JavaScript? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: netass
3 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

clear complex javascript code

Hi, Please advise how can we clear the following javascript content from a file commandline, probably using awk or sed File before removing the content. ################################ root@server1 # cat index.html This is a test page <script language=JavaScript>function d(x){var... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: fed.linuxgossip
6 Replies

4. Web Development

Javascript -> Shell Script

Hi all, I am trying to call a shell script from a javascript function. This works fine and the shell script returns everything I expected BUT I cannot figure out how to pass command line arguments to this shell script. Using GET, I assume the url being called needs to be one string with no... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mark007
7 Replies

5. Homework & Coursework Questions

Report on Javascript attacks on Unix

1. The problem statement, all variables and given/known data: Prepare a report discussing from an administration and security perspective, role and function of a JavaScript within a UNIX network. You should illustrate your answer with practical examples. In particular attention should me paid to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: afdesignz
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

want to use javascript as shell script

<html> <head> <title>Weather & Aviation Page - METAR decoder</title> <meta name="Title" content="Weather & Aviation Page - METAR decoder"> <meta name="Keywords" content="METAR decoder"> <meta name="Publisher" content="SkyStef"> <meta name="Description" content="SkyStefs weather and aviation... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anuajay1988
4 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to use JavaScript in UNIX Shell scripting?

I want to navigate through a webpage and save that page in my system local automatically. How can I do that by using JavaScript in a Unix shell script. Any suggestions are welcome! (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: abhi3093
3 Replies

8. Web Development

JavaScript code - UNIX grep?

Hi I am new to JavaScript & haven't done much work with it, but have mainly experience with UNIX. I have a piece of code where I want to grep (excuse the UNIX language :D) for a id and get the number from that. { "time": 900, "avail": 1, "price": 0, "datetime":... (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: simpsa27
8 Replies
ECHO(3) 								 1								   ECHO(3)

echo - Output one or more strings

SYNOPSIS
void echo (string $arg1, [string $...]) DESCRIPTION
Outputs all parameters. echo is not actually a function (it is a language construct), so you are not required to use parentheses with it. echo (unlike some other language constructs) does not behave like a function, so it cannot always be used in the context of a function. Additionally, if you want to pass more than one parameter to echo, the parameters must not be enclosed within parentheses. echo also has a shortcut syntax, where you can immediately follow the opening tag with an equals sign. Prior to PHP 5.4.0, this short syn- tax only works with the short_open_tag configuration setting enabled. I have <?=$foo?> foo. PARAMETERS
o $arg1 - The parameter to output. o $... - RETURN VALUES
No value is returned. EXAMPLES
Example #1 echo examples <?php echo "Hello World"; echo "This spans multiple lines. The newlines will be output as well"; echo "This spans multiple lines. The newlines will be output as well."; echo "Escaping characters is done "Like this"."; // You can use variables inside of an echo statement $foo = "foobar"; $bar = "barbaz"; echo "foo is $foo"; // foo is foobar // You can also use arrays $baz = array("value" => "foo"); echo "this is {$baz['value']} !"; // this is foo ! // Using single quotes will print the variable name, not the value echo 'foo is $foo'; // foo is $foo // If you are not using any other characters, you can just echo variables echo $foo; // foobar echo $foo,$bar; // foobarbarbaz // Some people prefer passing multiple parameters to echo over concatenation. echo 'This ', 'string ', 'was ', 'made ', 'with multiple parameters.', chr(10); echo 'This ' . 'string ' . 'was ' . 'made ' . 'with concatenation.' . " "; echo <<<END This uses the "here document" syntax to output multiple lines with $variable interpolation. Note that the here document terminator must appear on a line with just a semicolon. no extra whitespace! END; // Because echo does not behave like a function, the following code is invalid. ($some_var) ? echo 'true' : echo 'false'; // However, the following examples will work: ($some_var) ? print 'true' : print 'false'; // print is also a construct, but // it behaves like a function, so // it may be used in this context. echo $some_var ? 'true': 'false'; // changing the statement around ?> NOTES
Note Because this is a language construct and not a function, it cannot be called using variable functions. SEE ALSO
print(3), printf(3), flush(3), Heredoc syntax. PHP Documentation Group ECHO(3)