Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: My UnixWare SCO Server
Operating Systems SCO My UnixWare SCO Server Post 302598921 by admin_xor on Wednesday 15th of February 2012 05:33:46 PM
Old 02-15-2012
Try migrating to newer OS and hardware. What is the ERP solution you are using?

IBM Power systems with AIX could be great for SAP/ERP in terms of performance and stability, but with high maintenance cost. A good Intel based server with Linux on top will save you money a lot. Even you can go for Solaris on Intel (again Sparc servers are costly). But still when you think of Intel platform, Linux is the best bait.

I know UnixWare 7 (release 7.1.4) is the latest one and I use this OS for my testing purposes. What's your hardware configuration by the way?

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

SCO Unixware 2.1

I am using SCO Unixware 2.1 & some PC clients are connected, suddenly one message appearslike : UX:strintercept error: dropping message this message starts coming repeatedly & agtre some time system hangs.I had to reset the system & now the problem is not there.Please suggest, why this is... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: paprch
0 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

SCO Unixware 7 download

According to this thread: https://www.unix.com/showthread.php?t=1 one guy says However, I cannot find any sco unixware7 iso download link in their download section (http://wdb1.sco.com/clbk_web/owa/dwn_customer), is it really for free, and if that is true, where can I download it? Thanks, (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: phalcos
2 Replies

3. SCO

Samba 3.0.24 in SCO UnixWare 7.1.4

Please help me in troubleshooting my problem in Samba? I tried to instal Samba 3.0.24 in our SCO UnixWare 7.1.4 but after installing the nmbd daemon is not running. When i check the syslog from /var/adm, the following error appears: Sep 30 13:04:22 unixeei nmbd: bind failed on port 137... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: eric_hing
0 Replies

4. SCO

sco unixware + oracle 8.0.5

hi, anybody can give procedure for how to install oracle 8.0.5 in sco unixware 7.1.4. (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: prakrithi
0 Replies

5. SCO

Noob needs help with Sco Unixware 7.1

We are retiring a Unixware 7.1 server that has custom applications on it. It has Raid 5 and we would like to use the machine for other things. Is there a way we can image/clone to virtual machine file and run that VM within say Virtual PC 2007 or VMware? I am not aware of anything to do this. I... (20 Replies)
Discussion started by: ccd1977
20 Replies

6. SCO

Install GRUB on SCO Unixware 7.1.1

Hi, I am trying to install the linux boot loader (GRUB) on a non-linux machine (Unixware 7.1.1). The thing is I want to boot the linux kernel (vmlinuz) and the linux ram disk (initrd.img) from unixware and boot the machine with it. Does anyone have a good way to do this? (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: teen_racer19
10 Replies

7. SCO

SCO Unixware 7.1.1 Install - Need help

(sorry my English, is really poor). I have a SCO Unixware 7.1.1 and I need install in ML350 G3. Reading in google and HP web, make a floppy disks for install, but the options that I have is for network or floppy disk. How install from CD with patch for HP smart array 532 ?? or How... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: xplertor
5 Replies

8. SCO

Need Help with installtion of SCO UNIXware 7.0.1

Hi, I need help to install SCO Unixware 7.0.1. Can any one help with any documentation or installation notes for SCO Unixware 7.0.1. Thank you (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: farhandalvi
1 Replies
CFREE(3)						     Linux Programmer's Manual							  CFREE(3)

NAME
cfree - free allocated memory SYNOPSIS
#include <stdlib.h> /* In SunOS 4 */ int cfree(void *ptr); /* In glibc or FreeBSD libcompat */ void cfree(void *ptr); /* In SCO OpenServer */ void cfree(char *ptr, unsigned num, unsigned size); /* In Solaris watchmalloc.so.1 */ void cfree(void *ptr, size_t nelem, size_t elsize); Feature Test Macro Requirements for glibc (see feature_test_macros(7)): cfree(): _BSD_SOURCE || _SVID_SOURCE DESCRIPTION
This function should never be used. Use free(3) instead. 1-arg cfree In glibc, the function cfree() is a synonym for free(3), "added for compatibility with SunOS". Other systems have other functions with this name. The declaration is sometimes in <stdlib.h> and sometimes in <malloc.h>. 3-arg cfree Some SCO and Solaris versions have malloc libraries with a 3-argument cfree(), apparently as an analog to calloc(3). If you need it while porting something, add #define cfree(p, n, s) free((p)) to your file. A frequently asked question is "Can I use free(3) to free memory allocated with calloc(3), or do I need cfree()?" Answer: use free(3). An SCO manual writes: "The cfree routine is provided for compliance to the iBCSe2 standard and simply calls free. The num and size argu- ments to cfree are not used." RETURN VALUE
The SunOS version of cfree() (which is a synonym for free(3)) returns 1 on success and 0 on failure. In case of error, errno is set to EINVAL: the value of ptr was not a pointer to a block previously allocated by one of the routines in the malloc(3) family. CONFORMING TO
The 3-argument version of cfree() as used by SCO conforms to the iBCSe2 standard: Intel386 Binary Compatibility Specification, Edition 2. SEE ALSO
malloc(3) COLOPHON
This page is part of release 3.44 of the Linux man-pages project. A description of the project, and information about reporting bugs, can be found at http://www.kernel.org/doc/man-pages/. 2007-07-26 CFREE(3)