Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: User account logging
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers User account logging Post 302598909 by oraclermanpt on Wednesday 15th of February 2012 05:01:24 PM
Old 02-15-2012
Hi Corona - I appreciate your help at this time. My intention was never to bump the posts and get answer immediately. Not sure how this forum update of posts works. Probably I need to visit "You Must Read this Before Posting" again.

Thanks,

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

User logging log

Hi, Does anybody knows is there a way or how to records user logging record? thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jennifer
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Tracing a user and logging his actions

Dear All, I want to enable the tracing for a user and logging all things he do in a log file.......... Thaaanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adel8483
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

Issue with user logging in to HP UX Server

Hi, I wonder if anyone is able to assist me. I have a HP UX server and some HP UX workstations that has been migrated from another network. I have changed the IP Addresses and everything seems to be working fine. However, the users are complaining that they are unable to login to the UX... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: michaelgim
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between : Locked User Account & Disabled User Accounts in Linux ?

Thanks AVKlinux (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: avklinux
3 Replies

5. AIX

Logging user logins

I want to know how I can turn off and turn on login logging. We have a server that appears to have stopped logging user logins. Running the who command shows nothing and the last command shows no logins for a month. The var/adm/wtmp file isn't full and there is plenty of space in the var file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: daveisme
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to avoid logging with root user?

I have created a linux machine and installed some softwares on it with root user privileges . I used to login with root user credentials for doing the various task. Later i have realise that this is not the best practice to follow and there should be a new user with less privileges to be created... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logging in unix account taking password from a parameter file

Hi All, I am writing a script where it updates a file in an unix account. To update that file i need to be logged in as that account user. say account name is ab01 and its password is passab01. What i want to do is, my script should read login id and password from a parameter file and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkbond
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Logging User Sessions

Hello, I am using a Linux server (Ubuntu 11.04 Server) to host some files and a code repository. Because we are using ssh + svn to connect to the repository, our users have normal ssh access. What I would like to do is log their user sessions so that I have an audit trail in the event that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisb1609
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

User Logging

Hi, I have several engineers logging into servers with the same system username and passwords eg root. I was thinking about adding a script to bashrc where a user is forced upon login to enter their name and once that has executed there history is logged/redirected to a log file somewhere. I... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxwellhouse
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logging in to 100 server to test my account

I have been logging to 100 server everyday to test if I can login to the server. I created a script to ssh-copy-id to every host so next time it will be password less. Now it keeps prompting me Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes This is normal for first time login.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
2 Replies
GLANCE-CONTROL(1)						      Glance							 GLANCE-CONTROL(1)

NAME
glance-control - Glance Daemon Control Helper GLANCE DAEMON START
/STOP/RELOAD HELPER SYNOPSIS glance-control [options] <SERVER> <COMMAND> [CONFPATH] Where <SERVER> is one of: all, api, registry, scrubber And command is one of: start, stop, shutdown, restart, reload, force-reload And CONFPATH is the optional configuration file to use. OPTIONS --version show program's version number and exit -h, --help show this help message and exit --config-file=PATH Path to a config file to use. Multiple config files can be specified, with values in later files taking precedence. The default files used are: [] -d, --debug Print debugging output --nodebug Do not print debugging output -v, --verbose Print more verbose output --noverbose Do not print more verbose output --log-config=PATH If this option is specified, the logging configuration file specified is used and overrides any other logging options specified. Please see the Python logging module documentation for details on logging configuration files. --log-format=FORMAT A logging.Formatter log message format string which may use any of the available logging.LogRecord attributes. Default: none --log-date-format=DATE_FORMAT Format string for %(asctime)s in log records. Default: none --log-file=PATH (Optional) Name of log file to output to. If not set, logging will go to stdout. --log-dir=LOG_DIR (Optional) The directory to keep log files in (will be prepended to --logfile) --use-syslog Use syslog for logging. --nouse-syslog Do not use syslog for logging. --syslog-log-facility=SYSLOG_LOG_FACILITY syslog facility to receive log lines --pid-file=PATH File to use as pid file. Default: /var/run/glance/$server.pid SEE ALSO o OpenStack Glance BUGS o Glance is sourced in Launchpad so you can view current bugs at OpenStack Glance AUTHOR
OpenStack COPYRIGHT
2010-present, OpenStack, LLC. 2012.1.1 March 14, 2013 GLANCE-CONTROL(1)