Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: User account logging
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers User account logging Post 302598888 by oraclermanpt on Wednesday 15th of February 2012 04:15:54 PM
Old 02-15-2012
we have multiple users having access to orapps. anyone can change permissions on the history file delete some lines and revert permissions back as it was.

---------- Post updated at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:02 PM ----------

I think script in bash_profile might work. Is there anyway to get date with time on unix command line for every command you enter before and after. like set time on in oracle sql

16:12:28 SQL> select name from v$database;

NAME
---------
TEST

16:12:59 SQL>

---------- Post updated at 04:15 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:13 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by oraclermanpt
we have multiple users having access to orapps. anyone can change permissions on the history file delete some lines and revert permissions back as it was.

---------- Post updated at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous update was at 04:02 PM ----------

I think script in bash_profile might work. Is there anyway to get date with time on unix command line for every command you enter before and after. like set time on in oracle sql

16:12:28 SQL> select name from v$database;

NAME
---------
TEST

16:12:59 SQL>

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

User logging log

Hi, Does anybody knows is there a way or how to records user logging record? thanks in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jennifer
4 Replies

2. Solaris

Tracing a user and logging his actions

Dear All, I want to enable the tracing for a user and logging all things he do in a log file.......... Thaaanks (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: adel8483
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

Issue with user logging in to HP UX Server

Hi, I wonder if anyone is able to assist me. I have a HP UX server and some HP UX workstations that has been migrated from another network. I have changed the IP Addresses and everything seems to be working fine. However, the users are complaining that they are unable to login to the UX... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: michaelgim
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Difference between : Locked User Account & Disabled User Accounts in Linux ?

Thanks AVKlinux (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: avklinux
3 Replies

5. AIX

Logging user logins

I want to know how I can turn off and turn on login logging. We have a server that appears to have stopped logging user logins. Running the who command shows nothing and the last command shows no logins for a month. The var/adm/wtmp file isn't full and there is plenty of space in the var file... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: daveisme
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to avoid logging with root user?

I have created a linux machine and installed some softwares on it with root user privileges . I used to login with root user credentials for doing the various task. Later i have realise that this is not the best practice to follow and there should be a new user with less privileges to be created... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pinga123
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logging in unix account taking password from a parameter file

Hi All, I am writing a script where it updates a file in an unix account. To update that file i need to be logged in as that account user. say account name is ab01 and its password is passab01. What i want to do is, my script should read login id and password from a parameter file and... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: pkbond
4 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Logging User Sessions

Hello, I am using a Linux server (Ubuntu 11.04 Server) to host some files and a code repository. Because we are using ssh + svn to connect to the repository, our users have normal ssh access. What I would like to do is log their user sessions so that I have an audit trail in the event that... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: chrisb1609
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

User Logging

Hi, I have several engineers logging into servers with the same system username and passwords eg root. I was thinking about adding a script to bashrc where a user is forced upon login to enter their name and once that has executed there history is logged/redirected to a log file somewhere. I... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxwellhouse
10 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Logging in to 100 server to test my account

I have been logging to 100 server everyday to test if I can login to the server. I created a script to ssh-copy-id to every host so next time it will be password less. Now it keeps prompting me Are you sure you want to continue connecting (yes/no)? yes This is normal for first time login.... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: invinzin21
2 Replies
rlm_sql_log(5)                                                   FreeRADIUS Module                                                  rlm_sql_log(5)

NAME
rlm_sql_log - FreeRADIUS Module DESCRIPTION
The rlm_sql_log module appends the SQL queries in a log file which is read later by the scripts/radsqlrelay Perl program. The purpose of this module is to de-couple the storage of long-term accounting data in SQL from "live" information needed by the RADIUS server as it's running. If you are not using SQL for simultaneous login restrictions (i.e. "sql" is not listed in the "session" section of "radiusd.conf"), then this module allows you to log SQL queries to a file, and then process them at your leisure. The benefit of this approach is that for a busy server, the overhead of performing SQL qeuries may be significant. Also, if the SQL data- bases are large (as is typical for ones storing months of data), the INSERTs and UPDATEs may take a relatively long time. Rather than slowing down the RADIUS server by having it interact with a database, you can just log the queries to a file, and then run those queries on another machine, or at a time when the RADIUS server is typically lightly loaded. If the "sql" module is listed in the "session" section of "radiusd.conf", then a similar system can still be used. In that case, one data- base would be used to maintain "live" session information. That database would be small, fast, and information would be deleted from it when a user logs out. A second database would store long-term accounting information, as described above. LIMITATIONS
This module only performs the dynamic expansion of the variables found in the SQL statements. No operation is executed on the database server. (this would be done later by an external program) That means the module is useful only with non-"SELECT" statements. CONFIGURATION
The main configuration items to be aware of are the path of the log file and the different SQL queries. path An entry named "path" sets the full path of the file where the SQL queries are recorded. (this variable is run through dynamic string expansion, and can include FreeRADIUS variables to create a dynamic filename) Accounting queries When a accounting record is processed, the module searches a config entry keyed by the Acct-Status-Type attribute present in the packet. For example, the SQL to be run on an accounting start must be named "Start" in the configuration for the module. Other usual values for Acct-Status-Type are "Stop", "Alive", "Accounting-On", etc. See the VALUEs for Acct-Status-Type in the dictio- nary.rfc2866 file. Post-Auth query An entry named "Post-Auth" sets the query to run during the post-authentication stage. This query is mainly used to log sessions where there may not be a later accounting packet. modules { ... sql_log { path = "${radacctdir}/sql-relay" acct_table = "radacct" postauth_table = "radpostauth" sql_user_name = "%{%{User-Name}:-DEFAULT}" Start = "INSERT INTO ${acct_table} ..." Stop = "UPDATE ${acct_table} SET ..." Alive = "UPDATE ${acct_table} SET ..." Post-Auth = "INSERT INTO ${postauth_table} ..." } ... } accounting { ... sql_log ... } post-auth { ... sql_log ... } SECTIONS
accounting, post-auth FILES
/etc/raddb/radiusd.conf SEE ALSO
radsqlrelay(8), radiusd(8), radiusd.conf(5) AUTHOR
Nicolas Baradakis <nicolas.baradakis@cegetel.net> 28 May 2005 rlm_sql_log(5)