Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Assigning value from unix to perl Post 302598682 by itkamaraj on Wednesday 15th of February 2012 06:11:05 AM
Old 02-15-2012
Code:

/path/of/called.pl "$x"

inside the perl script, you can get the $x by

Code:

my $x = $ARGV[0];

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl: Assigning array values..

I have to add a variable value to an array, something like this: ...... @my_array_name = $value_of_this_variable; This doesnt seem to work, any ideas why? Thanks! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: looza
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl: array, assigning multi-word sentences with quotes

Just wondering if there's a better way to get these complete sentences into an array and keep the quotes intact? All the quotes make it look ugly to me but it works. I want to be able to refer to the full sentences by index. I've tried a few qw and qq/ aproaches but what I have below seems about... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: gctaylor
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Piping and assigning output to a variable in Perl

Hi All, I am trying to convert the below Csh code into Perl. But i have the following error. Can any expert help ? Error: ls: *tac: No such file or directory Csh set $ST_file = `ls -rt *$testid*st*|tail -1`; Perl my $ST_file = `ls -rt *$testid*st*|tail -1`; (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: Raynon
10 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Quick UNIX question - Assigning a word to $model

When the following is typed: /usr/platform/`uname -i`/sbin/prtdiag | awk '{print $7; exit}' ...the output I get back is either "X4150" or "X4170" when executed on a Sun Fire X4150 or X4170. ---But, may I ask how do I assign the variable $model to it? Because of the embedded backquotes, I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: chatguy
3 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning value of a select count(*) from tablename ( run on db2 ) to a unix variable

Hi All, I have browsed through the forums for a similar topic, but there is no topic which explains about this problem, when the backend is DB2. I want to assign the output of a select count(*) from tablename to a unix variable in a shell script. I am using ksh. The database used to... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Siddarth
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl Help - Assigning variables to text file contents

I am looking to create a perl script which will take numbers from a simple text file, convert them from decimal to hex, and then rewrite those values in the file or create a new file with the hex numbers(whichever's easier). My text document for example would be something as simple as 1312... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: samh785
6 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading from a file and assigning to an array in perl

I wrote a simply perl that searched a file for a particualr value and if it found it, rite it and the next three lines to a file. Now I have been asked to check those next three lines for a different value and only write those lines if it finds the second value. I was thinking the best way to... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: billprice13
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : Assigning multile hash values to a single array

I know that @food = %fruit; Works. But how do I assign %fruit and %veggies to @food ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: popeye
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Expect - assigning UNIX command output to a variable

Hi, I'm writing a script that connects through ssh (using "expect") and then is supposed to find whether a process on that remote machine is running or not. Here's my code (user, host and password are obviously replaced with real values in actual script): #!/usr/bin/expect set timeout 1... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: oseri
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning multiple column's value from Oracle query to multiple variables in UNIX

Hi All, I need to read values of 10 columns from oracle query and assign the same to 10 unix variables. The query will return only one record(row). I tried to append all these columns using a delimiter(;) in the select query and assign the same to a single variable(V) in unix. I thought I... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: hkrishnan91
3 Replies
PAM_ISSUE(8)							 Linux-PAM Manual						      PAM_ISSUE(8)

NAME
pam_issue - PAM module to add issue file to user prompt SYNOPSIS
pam_issue.so [noesc] [issue=issue-file-name] DESCRIPTION
pam_issue is a PAM module to prepend an issue file to the username prompt. It also by default parses escape codes in the issue file similar to some common getty's (using x format). Recognized escapes: d current day l name of this tty m machine architecture (uname -m) machine's network node hostname (uname -n) o domain name of this system release number of operating system (uname -r) current time s operating system name (uname -s) u number of users currently logged in U same as u except it is suffixed with "user" or "users" (eg. "1 user" or "10 users") v operating system version and build date (uname -v) OPTIONS
noesc Turns off escape code parsing. issue=issue-file-name The file to output if not using the default. MODULE TYPES PROVIDED
Only the auth module type is provided. RETURN VALUES
PAM_BUF_ERR Memory buffer error. PAM_IGNORE The prompt was already changed. PAM_SERVICE_ERR A service module error occurred. PAM_SUCCESS The new prompt was set successfully. EXAMPLES
Add the following line to /etc/pam.d/login to set the user specific issue at login: auth optional pam_issue.so issue=/etc/issue SEE ALSO
pam.conf(5), pam.d(5), pam(7) AUTHOR
pam_issue was written by Ben Collins <bcollins@debian.org>. Linux-PAM Manual 06/04/2011 PAM_ISSUE(8)