Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Too many arguments
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Too many arguments Post 302598623 by complex.invoke on Wednesday 15th of February 2012 03:10:00 AM
Old 02-15-2012
Code:
a="a b c"
set -- ${a}
[[ "x${@}" == "x" ]] && echo empty

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Arguments

Ok so i had to create a file and put some random text into it which i did. THen u make a script which takes 2 arguments. The first being a line of text, the second being your newly created file. The script should take the first argument and insert it into the very top (the first line) of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iago
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

[: too many arguments

Hi Guys I have this small Bash script - but it fails when I'm trying to run it. ./test.sh: && ; then # date >> /writable/sys/shutdown.log shutdown -h "now" exit fi done (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: tainted2real
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Too many arguments?

I can't find anything wrong with this line of code, it works when there is one file in the directory but more than one i get a "too many arguements2 error if ; then am i missing something? (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Alendrin
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

too many arguments?

i don't know what's wrong with the code, says too many arguments in the first two if statements. how to change it? thx. the file is like in this format: ;dfs;dfdsf;fsd ff dsf;dfdffdfd; -f2 should be only one word with no space, but could be like this 'n/a', '**ABC' while read line; do ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dtdt
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

hi I am getting too many arguments error for the below line if ; then Thx in advance (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: vls1210
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Too many arguments

echo "the number from 1 to 10:" i=1 while do echo $i i=`expr $i+1' done above is the program i written in Linux O.S using vi editor but i am getting the error that while: line 3: i am not understanding that why i am getting this error. can any body please help me regarding this... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bsatishbabu
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

grep with two arguments to arguments to surch for

Hello, is it possible to give grep two documents to surche for? like grep "test" /home/one.txt AND /home/two.txt ? thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Cybertron
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

: [: too many arguments in for -f in if

Hi Experts , I have following code if ; then mv path /filename newdirpath echo "K* files moved successfully to newdirpath \n" else echo "K* files DID NOT moved successfully to newdirpath \n" fi I am getting "echo "K* files DID NOT moved successfully to newdirpath \n"... (19 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaypatil_am
19 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using arguments

I have a SNMP agent that sends three arguments to the script to get a value at the end. The first is the LeafNumber, second is the request type (SET, GET, GETNEXT), and the last is a string that represents some value to be set(used only for set requests). The agent string looks like this: ... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jsoper1
3 Replies

10. Ubuntu

line 5: #!/bin/bash old=$(du -sh /home/andy/Downloads/myfile.iso) while true; do new=$(du -sh /home/andy/Downloads/myfile.iso) if ; then break fi old=$new xdotool getactivewindow key Ctrl sleep 5 done line 5: bash - Meaning of " (square brackets)... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: drew77
9 Replies
EMPTY-PAGE(1)							 ExactImage Manual						     EMPTY-PAGE(1)

NAME
empty-page - empty page detector of the ExactImage toolkit SYNOPSIS
empty-page [option...] {-i | --input} input-file empty-page {-h | --help} DESCRIPTION
ExactImage is a fast C++ image processing library. Unlike many other library frameworks it allows operation in several color spaces and bit depths natively, resulting in low memory and computational requirements. empty-page counts dark pixels of a black and white image and decides with a threshold whether the page is most probably empty, and thus can be removed from the image processing stream. OPTIONS
-i file, --input file Read image from the specified file. -m n, --margin n Set width of border margin to skip. For speed reasons, the margin has to be a multiple of 8. The default is 16. -p x, --percentage x Set fraction of permissible dark pixels. The default is 0.05 (5%). -h, --help Display help text and exit. EXAMPLES
$ empty-page -i test.tif The image has 75461 dark pixels from a total of 1060992 (7.11231%). non-empty EXIT STATUS
The exit status is 0 if the image is mostly white, 1 otherwise. SEE ALSO
exactimage(7) AUTHORS
Jakub Wilk <jwilk@debian.org> Wrote this manual page for the Debian system. http://www.exactcode.de/site/open_source/exactimage/ This manual page incorporates texts found on the ExactImage homepage. COPYRIGHT
This manual page was written for the Debian system (and may be used by others). Permission is granted to copy, distribute and/or modify this document under the terms of the GNU General Public License, Version 2 or (at your option) any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. On Debian systems, the complete text of the GNU General Public License can be found in /usr/share/common-licenses/GPL-2. empty-page 09/09/2013 EMPTY-PAGE(1)