Sponsored Content
Top Forums Web Development problem with exporting vairable from one perl cgi to another perl cgi script while redirecting. Post 302598599 by Arun_Linux on Wednesday 15th of February 2012 01:30:16 AM
Old 02-15-2012
Java problem with exporting vairable from one perl cgi to another perl cgi script while redirecting.

Can anyone tell me how to export a variable from one perl CGI script to another perl cgi script when using a redirect.
Upon running the login.pl the user is prompted to enter user name and password. Upon entering the correct credentials (admin/admin) the user is
redirected to welcome page.

My requirement is, the welcome page should display the username. "Hello, admin"

Note: I dont want to use cookies.

Any help is highly appreciated...

Thanks in advance...
-Arun

Here is my first CGI script login.pl:
====================================

#!/perl/bin/perl -wT
#login.pl
use warnings;
use CGI::Pretty qw(:all);
use strict;
my $cgi=new CGI;
my $username=$cgi->param('username');
my $password=$cgi->param('password');
my $db_username="admin";
my $db_password="admin";
if ( $username eq $db_username && $password eq $db_password ) {
print $cgi->redirect("http://localhost/welcome.pl");
}else {
print header();
print start_html(-title=>"Login");
if ($cgi->param('username') or $cgi->param('password')) {
print center(font({-color=>'red'},"Invalid input"));
}
print generate_form();
print end_html();
}

sub generate_form {
return start_form,
h1("Please Login"),
p("username", textfield('username')),
p("password", textfield('password')),
p(submit),
end_form;
}

Here is my second script:
===========================

#!/perl/bin/perl -wT
#welcome.pl
use warnings;
use CGI::Pretty qw(:all);
use strict;
my $cgi=new CGI;
my $username;
print header();
print start_html("Welcome"),h1("Hello, $username");
print end_html();

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Web Development

Tool Tip on a Perl CGI script

Hi, I am writing a perl script using Perl CGI. There are various HTML tables and forms involved in this. Now I wanted to add a tool tip to the elements here but I am not able to find documentation on how to do it. Can anyone help? Thanks in advance. Regards, garric (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: garric
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

call shell script from perl cgi script problem

hi,, i have perl scipt with line : system('./try.sh $t $d $m'); in shell scipt try.sh i have the line: echo $1 its not printing value of $t that i hav passed..y is it so..i am running it from apache web server (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: raksha.s
2 Replies

3. Web Development

in cgi perl script a form

hi,i hav a form in cgi perl script.this script accepts a value from user from another html form, and depending upon this value,i need to disable /enable radio buttons in cgi-perl script wen second page is displayed on executing cgi perl script.how do i do it using javascript? (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: raksha.s
0 Replies

4. Web Development

perl cgi script not working

Hello, Met a problem learning perl cgi script. 1 #!/usr/bin/perl -wT 2 3 use strict; 4 use CGI qw(:standard); 5 6 my $q = new CGI; 7 8 my $filename = $q->param('/home/yifangt/hello.cgi'); 9 my $contenttype = $q->uploadInfo($filename)->{'Content-Type'}; 10... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: yifangt
5 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Execution problem unix commands in Perl CGI

I am trying to run SSH , mkdir and other unix commands using Perl CGI. But i am not able to Execute these commands. Please help me out !!!! SSH and mkdir is necessity for me. I will be thankful to you...!!!!! I am trying like: In perl CGI file i am writing like: @list = `ssh... (28 Replies)
Discussion started by: Navrattan Bansa
28 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl : embedding java script with cgi perl script

Hi All, I am aware that html tags can be embedded in cgi script as below.. In the same way is it possible to embed the below javascript in perl cgi script ?? print("<form action="action.htm" method="post" onSubmit="return submitForm(this.Submitbutton)">"); print("<input type = "text"... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: scriptscript
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl cgi pages out of cgi-bin folder in WINDOWS

Hi team, I have a typical problem with cgi pages in apache webserver in WINDOWS I am able to execute(display) the pages that are saved in cgi-bin folder. But I am not able to execute the pages stored in htdocs or other folder other than cgi-bin folder. Could anyone please let me know how... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Perl CGI : unable to download the excel sheet from perl cgi page

Hi All, I have written an cgi perl script that displays an image(Excel image) and when clicked on that Image I need to download a excel sheet. I made sure that excel sheet exists in the folder with the given name but still I am not able to download the sheet. print "<center><table... (2 Replies)
2 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

CGI Perl : while loop in CGI perl

Hi Team, I am trying to connect to database(succeeded ) and print the records on the browser using while loop. But the elements of array are not displayed instead while loop is displayed directly. Instead of the below I can embed html statements in print but I am looking for the below style as I... (1 Reply)
1 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Not able to copy the file in perl cgi script

Hello experts, I am facing an very typical problem and hope the issue can be solved. I have a page download.cgi in /cgi-bin folder. use CGI; use CGI::Carp qw ( fatalsToBrowser ); use File::Copy copy("C:\\Program Files\\Apache Software... (8 Replies)
8 Replies
cgi_display(3)							     cgi/cgi.h							    cgi_display(3)

NAME
cgi_display - render and display the CGI output to the user SYNOPSIS
#include <cgi/cgi.h> NEOERR *cgi_display (CGI *cgi, const char *cs_file); ARGUMENTS
cgi - a pointer a CGI struct allocated with cgi_init cs_file - a ClearSilver template file DESCRIPTION
cgi_display will render the CS template pointed to by cs_file using the CGI's HDF data set, and send the output to the user. Note that the output is actually rendered into memory first. RETURN VALUE
None SEE ALSO
cgi_debug_init(3), cgi_parse(3), cgi_destroy(3), cgi_js_escape(3), cgi_html_escape_strfunc(3), cgi_register_strfuncs(3), cgi_output(3), parse_rfc2388(3), cgi_url_validate(3), open_upload(3), cgi_cs_init(3), cgi_url_escape_more(3), cgi_html_strip_strfunc(3), cgi_neo_error(3), cgi_redirect(3), cgi_filehandle(3), cgi_register_parse_cb(3), cgi_url_escape(3), cgi_init(3), cgi_redirect_uri(3), cgi_cookie_clear(3), cgi_url_unescape(3), cgi_vredirect(3), cgi_display(3), cgi_html_ws_strip(3), cgi_error(3), cgi_cookie_set(3), cgi_text_html_strfunc(3), cgi_cookie_authority ClearSilver 12 July 2007 cgi_display(3)