Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: zfs upgrade version
Operating Systems Solaris zfs upgrade version Post 302598443 by ppchu99 on Tuesday 14th of February 2012 12:35:29 PM
Old 02-14-2012
the pool "zone"

A bit of history

This pool was built under Solaris 10 update 7, I think I did an zfs upgrade to version 22..

Then I did something a few weeks later to corrupt /usr/lib, so I decided to do an upgrade install into Solaris update 9...

This pool name called "zone" was originally defined and config in this same machine, and it is on the SAN..

I wonder if I could deport this pool into anther machine built with Solaris 10 update 7...so that, I at least, I could bring the pool online.

8 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

upgrade unix version

I use HP UNIX 11 now , as I know , the latest version is 11iv2 , ( correct me if i am wrong ) , I hv read the feature of this version , it is 15% performance improved and more secure , if it is truth , I want to upgarde it by myself , but i am too familiar with the OS upgarde , could suggest the... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ust
2 Replies

2. Solaris

how to upgrade bash's version ?

Dear all, How to upgrade bash's version? which way should be easy between remove the old version first and upgrade it or upgrade without remove? Please, tell me how to upgrade step by step because I'm newbie thank in advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: unitipon
4 Replies

3. SCO

Upgrade current version of statd

Dear All, I have sco Unix release 5 and i was asked to Upgrade the current version of statd. kindly guide Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sak900354
1 Replies

4. Solaris

Need assistance using live upgrade to patch a zfs server.

I am new to using zfs. I have a new Solaris 10 server and I would like to start using live upgrade to help me have a route to "get back to good" if when patching the server things go badly. In my searching so far I have found the following pages and learned a lot... How to make and mount a... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: NewSolarisAdmin
0 Replies

5. Solaris

Live upgrade issue with ZFS Root

I have created a solaris10 update9 zfs root flash archive for sun4v environment which i 'm tryin to use for upgrading solaris10 update8 zfs root based server using live upgrade. following is my current system status lustatus Boot Environment Is Active Active Can Copy Name Complete Now... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: fugitive
0 Replies

6. Solaris

upgrade solaris mysql version...

hi i need to upgrade my solaris mysql version.. can u guide me the upgrade steps.. my current version is 4.0.31-log i need to upgrade to 5.0 .. thanks.. ---------- Post updated at 12:04 PM ---------- Previous update was at 11:28 AM ---------- my solaris version is 10.. ----------... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: senkerth
2 Replies

7. Solaris

Upgrade of release version

Hi All, I got a task to upgrade release version of Solaris-9. I need to upgrade from Solaris 9 (Update 7) to Solaris 9 (Update 9) . My current config is - root@tsdpt01:/# uname -a SunOS tsdpt01 5.9 Generic_118558-06 sun4u sparc SUNW,Sun-Fire-V240 root@tsdpt01:/# cat /etc/release ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: solaris_1977
2 Replies

8. Ubuntu

Ubuntu 16.04 - upgrade to ZFS 0.7?

What is the recommended way to upgrade ZFS on Ubuntu 16.04? i have read this thread, but the PPA is not safe? Ubuntu 16.04, ZFS 0.7.3 anyone got it running? : zfs (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: kebabbert
7 Replies
poolbind(1M)                                                                                                                          poolbind(1M)

NAME
poolbind - bind processes, tasks, or projects or query binding of processes to resource pools SYNOPSIS
/usr/sbin/poolbind -p poolname [ -i idtype] id... /usr/sbin/poolbind -q pid... /usr/sbin/poolbind -Q pid... The poolbind command allows an authorized user to bind zones, projects, tasks, and processes to pools. It can also allow a user to query a process to determine which pool the process is bound to. The following options are supported: -i idtype This option, together with the idlist arguments, specifies one or more processes to which the poolbind command is to apply. The inter- pretation of idlist depends on the value of idtype. The valid idtype arguments and corresponding interpretations of idlist are as fol- lows: pid idlist is a list of process IDs. Binds the specified processes to the specified pool. This is the default behavior if no idtype is specified. taskid idlist is a list of task IDs. Bind all processes within the list of task IDs to the specified pool. projid idlist is a list of project IDs. Bind all processes within the list of projects to the specified pool. Each project ID can be spec- ified as either a project name or a numerical project ID. See project(4). zoneid idlist is a list of zone IDs. Bind all processes within the list of zones to the specified pool. Each zone ID can be specified as either a zone name or a numerical zone ID. See zones(5). -p poolname Specifies the name of a pool to which the specified zone, project, tasks, or processes are to be bound. -q pid ... Queries the pool bindings for a given list of process IDs. If the collection of resources associated with the process does not corre- spond to any currently existing pool, or if there are multiple pools with the set of resources that the process is bound to, the query fails for that particular process ID. -Q pid ... Queries the resource bindings for a given list of process IDs. The resource bindings are each reported on a separate line. Example 1: Binding All Processes The following command binds all processes in projects 5 and 7 to the pool web_app: example# /usr/sbin/poolbind -p web_app -i projid 5 7 Example 2: Binding the Running Shell The following command binds the running shell to the pool web_app: example# /usr/sbin/poolbind -p web_app $$ Example 3: Querying the Pool Bindings The following command queries the bindings to verify that the shell is bound to the given pool: example# /usr/sbin/poolbind -q $$ Example 4: Querying the Resource Bindings The following command queries the bindings to verify that the shell is bound to the given resources: example# /usr/sbin/poolbind -Q $$ The following exit values are returned: 0 Successful completion. 1 Requested operation could not be completed. 2 Invalid command line options were specified. See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWpool | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Interface Stability | See below. | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ The invocation is Evolving. The output is Unstable. pooladm(1M), poolcfg(1M), libpool(3LIB), project(4), attributes(5), zones(5) System Administration Guide: N1 Grid Containers, Resource Management, and Solaris Zones 3 Feb 2005 poolbind(1M)