Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting calculating unique strings values Post 302598396 by bartus11 on Tuesday 14th of February 2012 10:05:15 AM
Old 02-14-2012
Try:
Code:
awk '{a[$1]+=$2;b[$1]+=$3}END{for (i in a) print i,a[i],b[i]}' file

This User Gave Thanks to bartus11 For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

to retrieve unique values

Hi all, I have a 10.txt file. In this file 2 words are present by name Active and Inactive and these words are repeated 7000 times. I want to take the unique 2 words from this 7000 lines. Thanks Mahalakshmi.A (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mahalakshmi
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Getting Unique values in a file

Hi, I have a file like this: Some_String_Here 123 123 123 321 321 321 3432 3221 557 886 321 321 I would like to find only the unique values in the files and get the following output: Some_String_Here 123 321 3432 3221 557 886 I am trying to get this done using awk. Can someone please... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Legend986
5 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Finding Unique strings which match pattern

I need to grep for a pattern in a file. Files are huge and have several repeated occurances of the strings which match pattern. I just need the strings which contain the pattern in the output. For eg. The contents of my file are as follows. The pattern I want to match by is ABCD ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: tektips
5 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to count unique strings

How do I count the total number of unique strings from a file using Perl? Any help is appreciated.. (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: my_Perl
6 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Calculating the Hours between two time values

Dear Folks, I want to calculate the elapsed hours between two time columns. I am using timestampdiff method for the same. I am able to get the value. But facing an issue of decimal values. For example the elapsed hours between 09:00:00 and 20:30:00 is coming as 11 instead of 11.5. I am using below... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dinesh1985
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Calculating frequency of values within bins

Hi, I am working with files containing 2 columns in which i need to come up with the frequency/count of values in col. 2 falling within specifics binned values of col. 1. the contents of a sample file is shown below: 15 12.5 15 11.2 16 0.2 16 1.4 17 1.6 18 4.5 17 5.6 12 8.6 11 7.2 9 ... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: ida1215
13 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

AWK, Perl or Shell? Unique strings and their maximum values from 3 column data file

I have a file containing data like so: 2012-01-02 GREEN 4 2012-01-02 GREEN 6 2012-01-02 GREEN 7 2012-01-02 BLUE 4 2012-01-02 BLUE 3 2012-01-02 GREEN 4 2012-01-02 RED 4 2012-01-02 RED 8 2012-01-02 GREEN 4 2012-01-02 YELLOW 5 2012-01-02 YELLOW 2 I can't always predict what the... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rich@ardz
4 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Finding a text in files & replacing it with unique strings

Hallo Everyone. I have to admit I'm shell scripting illiterate . I need to find certain strings in several text files and replace each of the string by unique & corresponding text. I prepared a csv file with 3 columns: <filename>;<old_pattern>;<new_pattern> ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: gordom
5 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Command to show unique strings in two files

how to display the unique strings in two files using shell script or commands. I tried diff and cmp but it shows the entire line, i need only the mismatched strings. File1: sat,sun,mon,tue rose,lilly,lotus white,red,blue,green,pink File2: sat,sun,mon,tue rose,sunflower,lotus... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Arun_Linux
4 Replies

10. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Code to get unique values

Hello All, I am trying to write a script which returns me clientID,programId,userID indicated in bold from the below log files.Log file is having many such data , iam just presenting sample . Sample Log file. hostname 1525867288264 UA:MP:EP491418 http-nio-8080-exec-11 ERROR Get Price... (13 Replies)
Discussion started by: nextStep
13 Replies
Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)				 Perl Programmers Reference Guide			       Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)

NAME
Locale::Codes::LangFam - standard codes for language extension identification SYNOPSIS
use Locale::Codes::LangFam; $lext = code2langfam('apa'); # $lext gets 'Apache languages' $code = langfam2code('Apache languages'); # $code gets 'apa' @codes = all_langfam_codes(); @names = all_langfam_names(); DESCRIPTION
The "Locale::Codes::LangFam" module provides access to standard codes used for identifying language families, such as those as defined in ISO 639-5. Most of the routines take an optional additional argument which specifies the code set to use. If not specified, the default ISO 639-5 language family codes will be used. SUPPORTED CODE SETS
There are several different code sets you can use for identifying language families. A code set may be specified using either a name, or a constant that is automatically exported by this module. For example, the two are equivalent: $lext = code2langfam('apa','alpha'); $lext = code2langfam('apa',LOCALE_LANGFAM_ALPHA); The codesets currently supported are: alpha This is the set of three-letter (lowercase) codes from ISO 639-5 such as 'apa' for Apache languages. This is the default code set. ROUTINES
code2langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) langfam2code ( NAME [,CODESET] ) langfam_code2code ( CODE ,CODESET ,CODESET2 ) all_langfam_codes ( [CODESET] ) all_langfam_names ( [CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam ( CODE ,NEW_NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam ( CODE ,NAME [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam ( CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_alias ( NAME ,NEW_NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_alias ( NAME ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::rename_langfam_code ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::add_langfam_code_alias ( CODE ,NEW_CODE [,CODESET] ) Locale::Codes::LangFam::delete_langfam_code_alias ( CODE [,CODESET] ) These routines are all documented in the Locale::Codes::API man page. SEE ALSO
Locale::Codes The Locale-Codes distribution. Locale::Codes::API The list of functions supported by this module. http://www.loc.gov/standards/iso639-5/id.php ISO 639-5 . AUTHOR
See Locale::Codes for full author history. Currently maintained by Sullivan Beck (sbeck@cpan.org). COPYRIGHT
Copyright (c) 2011-2012 Sullivan Beck This module is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the same terms as Perl itself. perl v5.16.2 2012-10-11 Locale::Codes::LangFam(3pm)