Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Delete entire line starting with space Post 302598298 by jayadanabalan on Tuesday 14th of February 2012 03:47:39 AM
Old 02-14-2012
Delete entire line starting with space

Folks,

How do i delete an entire line that starts with blank space?

Ex: I have a file like below.

abc def (10/12) ghi
_________ jkl
_________ mno
pqr stu (11/12) vwx

I need the ouput like

abc def (10/12) ghi
pqr stu (11/12) vwx

Thanks for your elp in advance !!!!

Last edited by jayadanabalan; 02-14-2012 at 04:51 AM.. Reason: no space left before

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to delete text from line starting pattern1 up to line before pattern2?

My data is xml'ish (here is an excerpt) :- <bag name="mybag1" version="1.0"/> <contents id="coins"/> <bag name="mybag2" version="1.1"/> <contents id="clothes"/> <contents id="shoes"/> <bag name="mybag3" version="1.6"/> I want to delete line containing mybag2 and its subsequent... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: repudi8or
5 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete blank space in begining of line

Hi All, below is my data file file.txt $$0 ServerA LAN1 AAA IT01 04/30/2008 09:16:26 $$0 ServerB LAN1 AAA IT02 04/30/2008 09:16:26 here $ is a blank space how to delete first 2 blank spaces in a file. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: karthikn7974
4 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

comment/delete a particular pattern starting from second line of the matching pattern

Hi, I have file 1.txt with following entries as shown: 0152364|134444|10.20.30.40|015236433 0233654|122555|10.20.30.50|023365433 ** ** ** In file 2.txt I have the following entries as shown: 0152364|134444|10.20.30.40|015236433 0233654|122555|10.20.30.50|023365433... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: imas
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

delete a single space in a line

hi i have a line like TL1330000000800 000DE9248737900 08000TS0231DE92 87379AMEX0000.T N 0080000000 00000. if there any single space between strings, i need to delete, if more than one keep the space as it is can some one help thanks Satya (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Satyak
1 Replies

5. SCO

SCO507 not recognizing entire disk space on install

Hello, I'm trying to install 507 on an HP G5 ML350 server, and I've hit a snag. The installation goes fine until I try to customize the Unix partition on the harddrive--SCO will only see 50 GB of disk space (49852 to be exact). I've installed an HP P400 Smart Array Controller and set up 2... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: asab
3 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete a line in a file starting with - Perl one-liner

Hi I need a perl onliner to delete a line in a file starting with few words. Example file.txt ---------- my name is don I live in London I am woking as engineer I want to delete a line starting with 'I live in' using perl oneliner and in place edit with out temporary files Thanks... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ammu
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Remove line starting from space till end.

Hi, I have a code tag, from which i have the below snippet: intelrpt.GetCMB_FB type=ODBC> intelrpt.GetCMB_FB type=SYBASE> I want the output like: intelrpt.GetCMB_FB intelrpt.GetCMB_FB That is remove the lines starting from WHITESPACE till end. Please help. I am new to... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: anupdas
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Using the entire line with space in between

Hi Folks, I have a report data like the one seen below. FRUITS@NEW_ORANGE(1500 04/29) FRUITS@NEW_ORANGE(1500 05/04) FRUITS@NEW_ORANGE(1500 05/05) FRUITS@NEW_ORANGE(1500 05/07) FRUITS@NEW_ORANGE(1500 05/12) I need to use each of this lines separately in another for loop like the one... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jayadanabalan
2 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to grep a line not starting with # from a file (there are two lines starting with # and normal)?

e.g. File name: File.txt cat File.txt Result: #INBOUND_QUEUE=FAQ1 INBOUND_QUEUE=FAQ2 I want to get the value for one which is not commented out. Thanks, (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Tanu
3 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Delete all lines except a line starting with string

Shell : bash OS : RHEL 6.8 I have a file like below. $ cat pattern.txt hello txt1 txt2 txt3 some other text txt4 I want to remove all lines in this file except the ones starting with txt . How can I do this ? (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: omega3
4 Replies
Bio::UpdateableSeqI(3pm)				User Contributed Perl Documentation				  Bio::UpdateableSeqI(3pm)

NAME
Bio::UpdateableSeqI - Descendant of Bio::SeqI that allows updates SYNOPSIS
See Bio::SeqI for most of the documentation. See the documentation of the methods for further details. DESCRIPTION
Bio::UpdateableSeqI is an interface for Sequence objects which are expected to allow users to perform basic editing functions (update/delete) on their component SeqFeatures. FEEDBACK
Mailing Lists User feedback is an integral part of the evolution of this and other Bioperl modules. Send your comments and suggestions preferably to the Bioperl mailing list. Your participation is much appreciated. bioperl-l@bioperl.org - General discussion http://bioperl.org/wiki/Mailing_lists - About the mailing lists Support Please direct usage questions or support issues to the mailing list: bioperl-l@bioperl.org rather than to the module maintainer directly. Many experienced and reponsive experts will be able look at the problem and quickly address it. Please include a thorough description of the problem with code and data examples if at all possible. Reporting Bugs Report bugs to the Bioperl bug tracking system to help us keep track of the bugs and their resolution. Bug reports can be submitted via the web: https://redmine.open-bio.org/projects/bioperl/ AUTHOR - David Block Email dblock@gene.pbi.nrc.ca CONTRIBUTORS
Ewan Birney forced me to this... APPENDIX
The rest of the documentation details each of the object methods. Internal methods are usually preceded with a _ delete_feature Title : delete_feature Usage : my $orphanlist=$self->delete_feature($feature,$transcript,$gene); Function: deletes the specified $feature from the given transcript, if $transcript is sent and exists and $feature is a feature of $transcript, or from $gene if the $feature is a feature of $gene, or from $self if $transcript and $gene are not sent. Keeps track of the features of the $gene object that may be left as orphans and returns them as a listref. Example : I want to delete transcript 'abc' of gene 'def', with three exons, leaving only transcript 'ghi' with two exons. This will leave exons 1 and 3 part of 'ghi', but exon 2 will become an orphan. my $orphanlist=$seq->delete_feature($transcript{'abc'},undef,$gene{'def'}); $orphanlist is a reference to a list containing $exon{'2'}; Returns : a listref of orphaned features after the deletion of $feature (optional) Args : $feature - the feature to be deleted $transcript - the transcript containing the $feature, so that a $feature can be removed from only one transcript when there are multiple transcripts in a gene. $gene - the gene containing the $transcript and/or the $feature perl v5.14.2 2012-03-02 Bio::UpdateableSeqI(3pm)