Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: slow performing system
Top Forums UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users slow performing system Post 302598292 by Scrutinizer on Tuesday 14th of February 2012 03:21:11 AM
Old 02-14-2012
Hi, have you tried the default IO scheduler? How are you copying your data? What is your IO size? How many IOPS are being performed? How is the disk space offered to the VM by ESXi?

Last edited by Scrutinizer; 02-14-2012 at 04:29 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Slow System

Hi, I have an SCO-Unix server running. There are some processes (unknown to me) which consume a lot of the system resources. This slows down the server dramatically. Is there a command or program that monitors what processes are using the cpu, disk, etc.. and tell me how excessive and how... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hansaplast
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

What are core files and how can I delete them when am performing system maintenance??

Help me How can I go about doing this. also, if you have any idea of other files I can delete and what I can do to improve the performance of a system thats running too slow (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: IMPORTANT
6 Replies

3. HP-UX

What is lvmkd and why does it slow my system down?

I am running HPUX 11.0 with HP MirrorDisk/UX and recently had a HDD failure and replaced the drive with a new one. I did a "dd" command to copy the new data to the new drive and now I have a bunch of "lvmkd" in my "ps -ef" output. These processes are gobbling up CPU time and slowing my system... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jpetrecca
2 Replies

4. Red Hat

postgresql issues - system running really slow

Hi All, I'm new here. i was wondering if anyone could shed a light on the problem i am having. I use a system for distributing broadband amongst users of for example a hotel, the system was designed by someone in the US and it is based on redhat 2.4 (i know its old) and the system uses... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: clive306
3 Replies

5. Solaris

Solaris 10 v245 Busy/Slow System

Hello All, I have noticed that one of my servers, the busiest has become increasingly slow to respond and execute commands, the running applications appear to be fine though. Here is some output from vmstat :- kthr memory page disk faults cpu r b... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Wez
5 Replies

6. Red Hat

GFS file system performance is very slow

My code Hi All, I am having redhat linux 5.3 (Tikanga) with GFS file system and its very very slow for executing ls -ls command also.Please see the below for 2minits 12 second takes. Please help me to fix the issue. $ sudo time ls -la BadFiles |wc -l 0.01user 0.26system... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: susindram
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Slow UNIX system this morning

Hi, what would be the first things to check on a system that normally works fine, and is not so fine this morning ? Its accessing menus and various other screens 100x slower than normal. Version: UnixWare 5 7.1.3 i386 SCO UNIX_SVR5 I have tried this pf -ef|grep paulc and found a huge list of... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mick_Dundee
6 Replies

8. Programming

Performing a while for two files

Hi, This is for Perl. I have a while loop, and would like to process two files, the formats are given below : access access.<previousday>-* How can perform a while loop on both logs, while creating the logic for access.<previousday>-* to get format like "access.20130615-124139" when... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: susankoperna1
11 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Performing aggregation in File

Hi, I need help in UNIX shell script to handle the following: I have file called File1.txt which contains data something like below: LibraryName|BookName|Flag-Indicator|COUNT LIB1|BOOK1|A|12 LIB1|BOOK1|A|2 LIB2|BOOK2|I|1 LIB2|BOOK1|I|4 LIB1|BOOK2|A|12 LIB1|BOOK1|I|22... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: vfrg
3 Replies
tapset::scheduler(3stap)												  tapset::scheduler(3stap)

NAME
tapset::scheduler - systemtap scheduler tapset DESCRIPTION
scheduler.cpu_off Process is about to stop running on a cpu See probe::scheduler.cpu_off(3stap) for details. scheduler.cpu_on Process is beginning execution on a cpu See probe::scheduler.cpu_on(3stap) for details. scheduler.tick Schedulers internal tick, a processes timeslice accounting is updated See probe::scheduler.tick(3stap) for details. scheduler.balance A cpu attempting to find more work. See probe::scheduler.balance(3stap) for details. scheduler.ctxswitch A context switch is occuring. See probe::scheduler.ctxswitch(3stap) for details. scheduler.kthread_stop A thread created by kthread_create is being stopped See probe::scheduler.kthread_stop(3stap) for details. scheduler.kthread_stop.return A kthread is stopped and gets the return value See probe::scheduler.kthread_stop.return(3stap) for details. scheduler.wait_task Waiting on a task to unschedule (become inactive) See probe::scheduler.wait_task(3stap) for details. scheduler.wakeup Task is woken up See probe::scheduler.wakeup(3stap) for details. scheduler.wakeup_new Newly created task is woken up for the first time See probe::scheduler.wakeup_new(3stap) for details. scheduler.migrate Task migrating across cpus See probe::scheduler.migrate(3stap) for details. scheduler.process_free Scheduler freeing a data structure for a process See probe::scheduler.process_free(3stap) for details. scheduler.process_exit Process exiting See probe::scheduler.process_exit(3stap) for details. scheduler.process_wait Scheduler starting to wait on a process See probe::scheduler.process_wait(3stap) for details. scheduler.process_fork Process forked See probe::scheduler.process_fork(3stap) for details. scheduler.signal_send Sending a signal See probe::scheduler.signal_send(3stap) for details. SEE ALSO
probe::scheduler.cpu_off(3stap), probe::scheduler.cpu_on(3stap), probe::scheduler.tick(3stap), probe::scheduler.balance(3stap), probe::scheduler.ctxswitch(3stap), probe::scheduler.kthread_stop(3stap), probe::scheduler.kthread_stop.return(3stap), probe::scheduler.wait_task(3stap), probe::scheduler.wakeup(3stap), probe::scheduler.wakeup_new(3stap), probe::scheduler.migrate(3stap), probe::scheduler.process_free(3stap), probe::scheduler.process_exit(3stap), probe::scheduler.process_wait(3stap), probe::scheduler.process_fork(3stap), probe::scheduler.signal_send(3stap), stap(1), stapprobes(3stap) IBM
--- tapset::scheduler(3stap)