Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris rsh ghosts remaining processes Post 302598116 by Peasant on Monday 13th of February 2012 12:07:08 PM
Old 02-13-2012
Can you post exact rsh related code ?

Best guess without knowing anything is to try with -n option.

Regards
Peasant.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hard Dirve Space Remaining

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS ANY C CODE YOU CAN USE WITHIN UNIX TO FIND THE REMAINING DISK SPACE ON A HARD DRIVE. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: spu230479
4 Replies

2. Programming

Disk Space Remaining

Does anyone know any C code to get the remaining disk space ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spu230479
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

Remaining Space After Mirroring

My HP9000 has 10 disks of 9.1 GB each. With help of the fpmurphy (thank you) it is knowing that 8 of them are mirrored (using lvdisplay). What should i do to know which is the existent free space after mirroring. Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cgege
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

script to kill rsh processes running for more than 10 minutes

Hi Friends, I need to write a script to kill some processes running for more than 10 minutes. Can I get some pointers on that. Thanks for ur help in Advance. Thanks&Regards, Amit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitsayshii
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to kill rsh processes running for more than 10 minutes

Hi Friends, I need to write a script to kill some processes running for more than 10 minutes. Can I get some pointers on that. Thanks for ur help in Advance. Thanks&Regards, Amit (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to kill rsh processes running for more than 10 mins

Hi Friends, I need to write a script to kill some processes running for more than 10 minutes. Can I get some pointers on that. Thanks for ur help in Advance. Thanks&Regards, Amit (3 Replies)
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - treating remaining columns as one

Hi all, For no particular reason, I would like to use awk on a file that contains multiple columns, but let's say only columns 1 and 2 have some text values, and the remainder of the line contains text that I would like to treat as one column, considering I have spaces as delimiter for the... (33 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppucci
33 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get remaining line after string match

Want to get the remaining line after pattern match Here it starts - executed commands : - pattern to identify 100:27:500:1:34:END Required output:100:27:500:1:34:END awk '{if(/pattern to identify/) print $2}' < file I have used above code and it not giving... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rozee
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print remaining lines using grep

Hi All, I am having a text file like below ERROR - Not a valid ID : 123 ERROR - Not a valid hello ID : 124 SUCCESS - Valid ID : 12 I need to display like below after reading the file if it finds the error keyword along with displaying this first line when error pattern... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
10 Replies
rsh(1M) 						  System Administration Commands						   rsh(1M)

NAME
rsh, restricted_shell - restricted shell command interpreter SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/rsh [-acefhiknprstuvx] [argument...] DESCRIPTION
rsh is a limiting version of the standard command interpreter sh, used to restrict logins to execution environments whose capabilities are more controlled than those of sh (see sh(1) for complete description and usage). When the shell is invoked, it scans the environment for the value of the environmental variable, SHELL. If it is found and rsh is the file name part of its value, the shell becomes a restricted shell. The actions of rsh are identical to those of sh, except that the following are disallowed: o changing directory (see cd(1)), o setting the value of $PATH, o pecifying path or command names containing /, o redirecting output (> and >>). The restrictions above are enforced after .profile is interpreted. A restricted shell can be invoked in one of the following ways: 1. rsh is the file name part of the last entry in the /etc/passwd file (see passwd(4)); 2. the environment variable SHELL exists and rsh is the file name part of its value; the environment variable SHELL needs to be set in the .login file; 3. the shell is invoked and rsh is the file name part of argument 0; 4. the shell is invoke with the -r option. When a command to be executed is found to be a shell procedure, rsh invokes sh to execute it. Thus, it is possible to provide to the end- user shell procedures that have access to the full power of the standard shell, while imposing a limited menu of commands; this scheme assumes that the end-user does not have write and execute permissions in the same directory. The net effect of these rules is that the writer of the .profile (see profile(4)) has complete control over user actions by performing guaranteed setup actions and leaving the user in an appropriate directory (probably not the login directory). The system administrator often sets up a directory of commands (that is, /usr/rbin) that can be safely invoked by a restricted shell. Some systems also provide a restricted editor, red. EXIT STATUS
Errors detected by the shell, such as syntax errors, cause the shell to return a non-zero exit status. If the shell is being used non- interactively execution of the shell file is abandoned. Otherwise, the shell returns the exit status of the last command executed. ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
intro(1), cd(1), login(1), rsh(1), sh(1), exec(2), passwd(4), profile(4), attributes(5) NOTES
The restricted shell, /usr/lib/rsh, should not be confused with the remote shell, /usr/bin/rsh, which is documented in rsh(1). SunOS 5.10 1 Nov 1993 rsh(1M)