Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris rsh ghosts remaining processes Post 302598113 by zionassedo on Monday 13th of February 2012 11:43:49 AM
Old 02-13-2012
rsh ghosts remaining processes

Hi,
We have 2 unix solaris 10 machines continuously checking each other using ping and rsh commands and I can see many rsh ghosts remaining commands doing ps -ef.
The rsh commands succeed but remain stuck on the system.
Telnet service is stopped, can it be the reason or should we use ssh instead ?

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Hard Dirve Space Remaining

DOES ANYONE KNOW IF THERE IS ANY C CODE YOU CAN USE WITHIN UNIX TO FIND THE REMAINING DISK SPACE ON A HARD DRIVE. (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: spu230479
4 Replies

2. Programming

Disk Space Remaining

Does anyone know any C code to get the remaining disk space ? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: spu230479
2 Replies

3. HP-UX

Remaining Space After Mirroring

My HP9000 has 10 disks of 9.1 GB each. With help of the fpmurphy (thank you) it is knowing that 8 of them are mirrored (using lvdisplay). What should i do to know which is the existent free space after mirroring. Regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: cgege
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

script to kill rsh processes running for more than 10 minutes

Hi Friends, I need to write a script to kill some processes running for more than 10 minutes. Can I get some pointers on that. Thanks for ur help in Advance. Thanks&Regards, Amit (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: amitsayshii
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

script to kill rsh processes running for more than 10 minutes

Hi Friends, I need to write a script to kill some processes running for more than 10 minutes. Can I get some pointers on that. Thanks for ur help in Advance. Thanks&Regards, Amit (1 Reply)
1 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script to kill rsh processes running for more than 10 mins

Hi Friends, I need to write a script to kill some processes running for more than 10 minutes. Can I get some pointers on that. Thanks for ur help in Advance. Thanks&Regards, Amit (3 Replies)
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

awk - treating remaining columns as one

Hi all, For no particular reason, I would like to use awk on a file that contains multiple columns, but let's say only columns 1 and 2 have some text values, and the remainder of the line contains text that I would like to treat as one column, considering I have spaces as delimiter for the... (33 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppucci
33 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get remaining line after string match

Want to get the remaining line after pattern match Here it starts - executed commands : - pattern to identify 100:27:500:1:34:END Required output:100:27:500:1:34:END awk '{if(/pattern to identify/) print $2}' < file I have used above code and it not giving... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: rozee
3 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Print remaining lines using grep

Hi All, I am having a text file like below ERROR - Not a valid ID : 123 ERROR - Not a valid hello ID : 124 SUCCESS - Valid ID : 12 I need to display like below after reading the file if it finds the error keyword along with displaying this first line when error pattern... (10 Replies)
Discussion started by: rohit_shinez
10 Replies
RCP(1)							    BSD General Commands Manual 						    RCP(1)

NAME
rcp -- copy file to and from remote machines SYNOPSIS
rcp [-45FKpxz] [-P port] file1 file2 rcp [-45FKprxz] [-P port] file... directory DESCRIPTION
rcp copies files between machines. Each file argument is either a remote file name of the form ``rname@rhost:path'' or a local file (contain- ing no colon or with a slash before the first colon). Supported options: -4, -5, -K, -F, -x, -z These options are passed on to rsh(1). -P port This will pass the option -p port to rsh(1). -p Preserve file permissions. -r Copy source directories recursively. DIAGNOSTICS
rcp is implemented as a protocol on top of rsh(1), and thus requires a working rsh. If you intend to use Kerberos authentication, rsh needs to be Kerberos aware, else you may see more or less strange errors, such as "login incorrect", or "lost connection". HISTORY
The rcp utility first appeared in 4.2BSD. This version is derived from 4.3BSD-Reno. HEIMDAL
April 16, 2003 HEIMDAL