Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Patch Rhel5.4
Operating Systems Linux Red Hat Patch Rhel5.4 Post 302598075 by mark54g on Monday 13th of February 2012 09:27:26 AM
Old 02-13-2012
A rule of thumb to follow is this:

Create a test environment. Test in the test environment. Even if it is virtual, or on a PC, it is better than testing with live equipment. I am amazed and appalled at how many people will try to wing it on their live production machines.

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. IP Networking

Patch-o-matic (patch for iptable) for linux2.4.08 & iptable1.2.7a

Hello friends I'm running Redhat 9.0 with linux kernel 2.4.20-8 & have iptables version 1.2.7a & encountering a problem that I narrate down. I need to apply patch to my iptable and netfilter for connection tracking and load balancing that are available in patch-o-matic distribution by netfilter.... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: Rakesh Ranjan
0 Replies

2. Red Hat

Squirrelmail Rhel5

Hi , I am trying for squirrelmail In Rhel 5 I have the Image of the DVD .But in that I can't Find the squirrelmail-1.4.2-1.noarch.rpm And i downloaded the same but it is not working . can anyone can give any link to download the same for Rhel5.?? Thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: saurabh84g
1 Replies

3. Red Hat

Best Book For RHEL5

Hey friends Anyone tell me the best book for learning RHEL5 from basic to master including everything that we can do with microsoft windows and server. Does anyone know any good institute for red hat linux server in delhi,india (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: neerajrawat1
1 Replies

4. Red Hat

installing filezila in rhel5

Hi, I'm currently having problems in installing filezila in rhel5. I refered to Compiling and installing software from source in Linux Compiling and installing software from source in Linux so from my understandings # tar xvzf package.tar.gz (or tar xvjf package.tar.bz2) # cd... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: pilotHans
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

Meld on RHEL5

Hi All I'm trying to run meld on RHEL5, to diff 2 directories. I able to see the files in diff. But when I click on the file to view the diff, I get the below error. Anyway to resolve this? Meld version that I use is 1.3.3. (meld:14757): libgnomevfs-CRITICAL **:... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: visionofarun
1 Replies

6. Red Hat

samba on RHEL5

morning all, anyone has installed samba on redhat el 5 server? after installed service (smb service in) where to edit samba configurations? as for the el4, on desktop in application --> system setting --> server setting -- > samba. but in el5, in the server setting no such samba... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: maxlee24
5 Replies

7. Red Hat

RHEL5.4 upgrade

Hi All, I want to upgrade a VM server from RHEL5.4 to RHEL5.5. My server is inside my office intranet and the yum.conf contents look like this: cachedir=/var/cache/yum keepcache=0 debuglevel=2 logfile=/var/log/yum.log pkgpolicy=newest distroverpkg=redhat-release tolerant=1... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: Hari_Ganesh
2 Replies

8. Red Hat

Problem with tar on RHEL5.8

Hi All, I have a tar file that I want to extract, I need the permissions and owners of the file to be the same as on when they were tared. I am using this command to un-tar the file. tar --acl --xattrs --same-owner --same-permissions -zvxf MANJUNATH_acl_corner_cases.tgz -C /cifs1/share1/... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: prinsh
7 Replies

9. Red Hat

RHEL5.4 Upgrade

Hello, WE currently have a RedHat5.4 server which we need to upgrade with latest patches. This runs database Oracle 11gR2. If anyone can suggest if it is better to perform patches update or just migrate to a higher supported RHEL5.x version.. From what I know Oracle 11gR2 is supported by... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ikn3
2 Replies
Apache::Session::Serialize::Sybase(3pm) 		User Contributed Perl Documentation		   Apache::Session::Serialize::Sybase(3pm)

NAME
Apache::Session::Serialize::Sybase - Use Storable to zip up persistent data and unpack/pack to put into Sybase-compatible image field SYNOPSIS
use Apache::Session::Serialize::Sybase; $zipped = Apache::Session::Serialize::Sybase::serialize($ref); $ref = Apache::Session::Serialize::Sybase::unserialize($zipped); DESCRIPTION
This module fulfills the serialization interface of Apache::Session by taking the data from Apache::Session::Serialize::Storable and modifying it to work with Sybase IMAGE fields. Note that you do not need to quote these values before inserting into the database, and that if you are using DBI::Sybase, you cannot use the data in a placeholder. If you use Apache::Session::Sybase as your session class, this will all get taken care of. AUTHOR
Apache::Session::Serialize::Storable was written by Jeffrey William Baker <jwbaker@acm.org>; the Sybase-specific data manipulation was written by Mark Landry <mdlandry@lincoln.midcoast.com> for use in an earlier version of Apache::Session::DBI::Sybase and placed here by Chris Winters <chris@cwinters.com>. SEE ALSO
Apache::Session::Serialize::Storable, Apache::Session::Sybase perl v5.10.1 2010-10-18 Apache::Session::Serialize::Sybase(3pm)