Sponsored Content
Operating Systems AIX Get Next month in AIX from curent date in unix AIX Post 302597857 by gito on Sunday 12th of February 2012 03:49:39 PM
Old 02-12-2012
What is "derive teh Next month" and "inLinux susse andnotin AIX." ?

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to get month last date in unix

Hello I want to get end date of the any month in unix . is there any function to do this. we can get month from date command 'date +%b' example: If Feb month then last date is 28 if sep then last date 30. like this thanks please help (12 Replies)
Discussion started by: rajan_ka1
12 Replies

2. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How do I set my date in a unix script to 'new month

Hi, I'm a newbie to unix and i'm loving every bit of it. I need assistance in setting my date function in my script to "new month". What I want to do is define the "newmonth" as the 1st of every month so my script can run by this time evry month through the year. Can someone assist. ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Agent704
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

AIX/awk date to unix timestamp

Hello, I am inside a awk script on AIX, I am feeding to awk ls -luNR i need to convert ls -u time format "month day h:m/yr" to Unix epoch time, POSIX time, or aka unix timestamp I do not have strftime funk in my awk, and i have to do this fast meaning that I cannot do a system call in the... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: nullwhat
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

print previous month (current month minus 1) with Solaris date and ksh

Hi folks month=`date +%m`gives current month Howto print previous month (current month minus 1) with Solaris date and ksh (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: slashdotweenie
7 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

current date - one month in AIX

Hi, i unable to get the last month date in AIX. current date - one month Based on the forums tried but did not find the relevent information. Any help grealy appriciated. Thanks Suri. (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: onesuri
3 Replies

6. AIX

Nim on AIX 7.1 used to migrate AIX 5.3 to AIX 6.1...is possible?

Using nimadm: nimadm -j nimadmvg -c sap024 -s spot_6100 -l lpp_6100 -d "hdisk1" -Y Initializing the NIM master. Initializing NIM client sap024. 0505-205 nimadm: The level of bos.alt_disk_install.rte installed in SPOT spot_6100 (6.1.3.4) does not match the NIM master's level (7.1.1.2).... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sciacca75
2 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help with getting last date of previous month and first date of previous 4th month from current date

I have requirment to get last date of previous month and the first date of previous 4th month: Example: Current date: 20130320 (yyyymmdd) Last date of previous month: 20130228 (yyyymmdd) First date of previous 4th month: 20121101 (yyyymmdd) In my shell --date, -d, -v switches are not... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: machomaddy
3 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Subtracting A month from an arbitrary date in UNIX

Hi, Is there a way to subtract a month or at least 30 days from an arbitrary or user inputted date without the GNU date? Example: please Input date: 2011-05-11 then the answer will be 2011-04-11 This code doesn't work: $date -d "2011-05-11 - 1 month" "+%Y%m%d" Thanks (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: erin00
7 Replies

9. AIX

AIX - Get next month from current date

As said in object, how can i obtain that? In linux i use date -d "1 month" +"%m%Y". Thanks i advance. (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: fabfisc
8 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

AIX UNIX - script on how to extract from log file with previous date

Hello, I am new to this forum so any assistance would help. I am currently trying to develop a script that extract all data from a log file with has the previous day's date. $ <root@aixtest3> /var/log > more sudo.log May 13 10:52:10 aixtest3 local2:notice sudo: tbrath : TTY=unknown ; ... (14 Replies)
Discussion started by: Kslew82
14 Replies
EVP_BytesToKey(3)						      OpenSSL							 EVP_BytesToKey(3)

NAME
EVP_BytesToKey - password based encryption routine SYNOPSIS
#include <openssl/evp.h> int EVP_BytesToKey(const EVP_CIPHER *type,const EVP_MD *md, const unsigned char *salt, const unsigned char *data, int datal, int count, unsigned char *key,unsigned char *iv); DESCRIPTION
EVP_BytesToKey() derives a key and IV from various parameters. type is the cipher to derive the key and IV for. md is the message digest to use. The salt paramter is used as a salt in the derivation: it should point to an 8 byte buffer or NULL if no salt is used. data is a buf- fer containing datal bytes which is used to derive the keying data. count is the iteration count to use. The derived key and IV will be written to key and iv respectively. NOTES
A typical application of this function is to derive keying material for an encryption algorithm from a password in the data parameter. Increasing the count parameter slows down the algorithm which makes it harder for an attacker to peform a brute force attack using a large number of candidate passwords. If the total key and IV length is less than the digest length and MD5 is used then the derivation algorithm is compatible with PKCS#5 v1.5 otherwise a non standard extension is used to derive the extra data. Newer applications should use more standard algorithms such as PKCS#5 v2.0 for key derivation. KEY DERIVATION ALGORITHM
The key and IV is derived by concatenating D_1, D_2, etc until enough data is available for the key and IV. D_i is defined as: D_i = HASH^count(D_(i-1) || data || salt) where || denotes concatentaion, D_0 is empty, HASH is the digest algorithm in use, HASH^1(data) is simply HASH(data), HASH^2(data) is HASH(HASH(data)) and so on. The initial bytes are used for the key and the subsequent bytes for the IV. RETURN VALUES
EVP_BytesToKey() returns the size of the derived key in bytes. SEE ALSO
evp(3), rand(3), EVP_EncryptInit(3), HISTORY
0.9.7a 2001-12-02 EVP_BytesToKey(3)