Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Prize of being an Admin
The Lounge War Stories Prize of being an Admin Post 302597720 by zxmaus on Saturday 11th of February 2012 05:31:17 PM
Old 02-11-2012
Quote:
Originally Posted by admin_xor
the client is a giant company ... 143 UNIX/Linux (AIX, Solaris and RHEL) servers
This is giant ? Smilie ... actually that explains why you have time to fix other area's problems ... Smilie

6 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Solaris

fresh admin

hi everybody i'm just recreuted as UNIX system admin... please tell me from where do i have to begin... best regards (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: hmaiida
8 Replies

2. Solaris

Tape Admin

Tape: Need tape library help please. Need to configure a remote admin card in the L100. Anything helpful.....thxs (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: uwinix77
2 Replies

3. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

note for admin

i left a message for admin in the wrong thread.. it is in the what is on your mind thread since i can't move it or delete it.. i thought I would mention that I meant it to be in this thread.. sorry about the mistake.. thanx for your patience moxxx68 (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
3 Replies

4. What is on Your Mind?

Windows Admin switching to *nix Admin

I'm currently a Windows admin and have wanted to jump ship to the *nix side for a while now. I've been studying both through an lpic level 1 manual as I have time (focusing on debian), and a solaris 10 cert book. The problem is I only have a handful of hours a week to study, and my current job... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: bobwilson
3 Replies

5. War Stories

Prize of being an Admin - Part 2

I was reading this thread of admin_xor Prize of being an Admin and thought will share this experience of mine which is kind of opposite to what he did - I didn't tell anybody what happened :D We were porting one of the subsystem from Solaris to Linux. As part of that we developed many wrapper... (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: ahamed101
23 Replies

6. What is on Your Mind?

Regarding Admin life either as DBA or UNIX Linux admin

I am planning to choose my career as Unix/Linux Admin or a DBA. But I have come to know from forums and few admins like the job will be 24/7. I have few questions on that. Can we get "DAY" shifts in any one of the admin Job ? Can't we have shift timings in any company ? Eventhough the... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: Jacktts
7 Replies
GIT-VAR(1)							    Git Manual								GIT-VAR(1)

NAME
git-var - Show a git logical variable SYNOPSIS
git var ( -l | <variable> ) DESCRIPTION
Prints a git logical variable. OPTIONS
-l Cause the logical variables to be listed. In addition, all the variables of the git configuration file .git/config are listed as well. (However, the configuration variables listing functionality is deprecated in favor of git config -l.) EXAMPLE
$ git var GIT_AUTHOR_IDENT Eric W. Biederman <ebiederm@lnxi.com> 1121223278 -0600 VARIABLES
GIT_AUTHOR_IDENT The author of a piece of code. GIT_COMMITTER_IDENT The person who put a piece of code into git. GIT_EDITOR Text editor for use by git commands. The value is meant to be interpreted by the shell when it is used. Examples: ~/bin/vi, $SOME_ENVIRONMENT_VARIABLE, "C:Program FilesVimgvim.exe" --nofork. The order of preference is the $GIT_EDITOR environment variable, then core.editor configuration, then $VISUAL, then $EDITOR, and then finally vi. GIT_PAGER Text viewer for use by git commands (e.g., less). The value is meant to be interpreted by the shell. The order of preference is the $GIT_PAGER environment variable, then core.pager configuration, then $PAGER, and then finally less. DIAGNOSTICS
You don't exist. Go away! The passwd(5) gecos field couldn't be read Your parents must have hated you! The passwd(5) gecos field is longer than a giant static buffer. Your sysadmin must hate you! The passwd(5) name field is longer than a giant static buffer. SEE ALSO
git-commit-tree(1) git-tag(1) git-config(1) AUTHOR
Written by Eric Biederman <ebiederm@xmission.com[1]> DOCUMENTATION
Documentation by Eric Biederman and the git-list <git@vger.kernel.org[2]>. GIT
Part of the git(1) suite NOTES
1. ebiederm@xmission.com mailto:ebiederm@xmission.com 2. git@vger.kernel.org mailto:git@vger.kernel.org Git 1.7.1 07/05/2010 GIT-VAR(1)