Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Google codesearch abandoned
The Lounge What is on Your Mind? Google codesearch abandoned Post 302597686 by tcf628 on Saturday 11th of February 2012 11:56:48 AM
Old 02-11-2012
Alternative to GCS

As an alternative to Google CodeSearch, you can try SymbolHound Code Search.

It indexes and searches open source code repos like GCS did. There is also a web search option that allows you to search for non-Googleable symbols/special characters (so you can find forums, blogs, etc.)

Hope it helps
-Tom (co-founder)
This User Gave Thanks to tcf628 For This Post:

7 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. News, Links, Events and Announcements

New Google Viewer ...

New Google viewer: http://labs.google.com/gviewer.html Try it out! (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: Neo
4 Replies

2. Post Here to Contact Site Administrators and Moderators

note to google!!!

dear google, i knew somewhat about the remote part on the telnet issue but refrained from using the term incase i confused epic.admin even more than I was worried about.. i would like to know if this was a seious issue with you since a couple of people have been sited for wrong information... in... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: moxxx68
2 Replies

3. News, Links, Events and Announcements

Personalized Google

FYI: If you use the new Personalized Google search page, you can add UNIX.COM to the page by adding one or more UNIX.COM RSS link: https://www.unix.com/external.php?forumids= (and forumid for a specific forum if you want). See: https://www.google.com/accounts/ManageAccount (0 Replies)
0 Replies

4. Web Development

Helpful Tip: Forcing Google to www.google.com

Helpful Tip! Sometimes when we are in another country, Google redirects our request for www.google.com to: www.google.co.in or to: www.google.co.th If you want to force Google to go to the US site, use: www.google.com/webhp (1 Reply)
1 Replies

5. What is on Your Mind?

Google Plus (+)

As we all know, Google has finally launched its next Apps in social networking. What you people think about its competition with other Social networking Apps (specially facebook)? A poll is also added. (23 Replies)
Discussion started by: clx
23 Replies

6. Solaris

Where can I get Sun Ultra 20 tools & drivers when Oracle abandoned them?

I'm in a desperate pursuit for Tools and Drivers CD for the six of my Ultra 20 M2 workstations - some of them have latest BIOS, some of them don't. Oracle doesn't support them anymore - I even bought myself a CSI to get to support, but still no luck - and it seems the ISOs are nowhere to be found... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: casial
2 Replies

7. What is on Your Mind?

Plus.google.com/+UNIXLinuxForums

Please add the Unix and Linux Forums to your Google+ circles. Thanks. https://plus.google.com/+UnixLinuxForums We just created this page, so it's brand new. (4 Replies)
4 Replies
Wiki::Toolkit::Search::SII(3pm) 			User Contributed Perl Documentation			   Wiki::Toolkit::Search::SII(3pm)

NAME
Wiki::Toolkit::Search::SII - Search::InvertedIndex plugin for Wiki::Toolkit. SYNOPSIS
my $indexdb = Search::InvertedIndex::DB::Mysql->new( ... ); my $search = Wiki::Toolkit::Search::SII->new( indexdb => $indexdb ); my %wombat_nodes = $search->search_nodes("wombat"); Provides search-related methods for Wiki::Toolkit. See also Wiki::Toolkit::Search::Base, for methods not documented here. METHODS
new # EITHER my $indexdb = Search::InvertedIndex::DB::Mysql->new( -db_name => $dbname, -username => $dbuser, -password => $dbpass, -hostname => '', -table_name => 'siindex', -lock_mode => 'EX' ); # OR my $indexdb = Search::InvertedIndex::DB::DB_File_SplitHash->new( -map_name => "/home/wiki/indexes.db", -lock_mode => "EX" ); # THEN my $search = Wiki::Toolkit::Search::SII->new( indexdb => $indexdb ); Takes only one parameter, which is mandatory. "indexdb" must be a "Search::InvertedIndex::DB::*" object. SEE ALSO
Wiki::Toolkit, Wiki::Toolkit::Search::Base. perl v5.14.2 2011-09-25 Wiki::Toolkit::Search::SII(3pm)