Sponsored Content
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Listing files added in a particular month Post 302597634 by mohit_iitk on Saturday 11th of February 2012 03:12:08 AM
Old 02-11-2012
Question Working on Linux Terminal

how can I ouput all files in working directory added in a particular month using shellscript

Last edited by Scott; 02-12-2012 at 09:05 AM.. Reason: Restored post

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Recursive directory listing without listing files

Does any one know how to get a recursive directory listing in long format (showing owner, group, permission etc) without listing the files contained in the directories. The following command also shows the files but I only want to see the directories. ls -lrtR * (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: psingh
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to delete the older files other than the recently added 5 files

Number of files will get created in a folder automatically daily.. so i hav to delete the older files other than the recently added 5 files.. Could u help me through this..?? (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: shaal89
5 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

New sequence nos to be added in new files

Hi All, Please help me in below request. Got multiple files in a dir ex: /os . from each file need to filter based upon first field (field only has 1,2,3 or 4) and then put it in different files based on the Field 1. But need to generate a sequence while inserting and the sequence number needs... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rdakshn
1 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

How to archive old files from the recently added 10 files?

Hi there, I am very new to unix and having trouble with a fairly simple statement: cd /user ls -t -c1 | sed -ne '11,$p' | mv xargs archive/ What I want the code to do is sort all files in a directory by timestamp, select all of the files after the 10th file, and then move those files... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: DSIReady
3 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Merge files with file names added

I want to merge several files with identical format: file 1: rs3094315 0.0006105222804 0.9528743638 rs3131972 -0.05461465109 0.3139864854 rs3115860 -0.06041530955 0.3195499498 file 2: rs2073813 -0.06039552152 0.2956527097 rs11564776 -0.1864266568 ... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: luoruicd
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Get out of only Modified and Added files in svn log

How to get only modified and added files with revision,author and comments from svn log verbose ------------------------------------------------------------------------ r7351 | user01 | 2013-07-02 17:53:28 -0400 (Tue, 02 Jul 2013) | 2 lines Changed paths: D /trunk/demo/proj1/.project ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: iaav
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Need last month files after 10th of every month

Hi, I need all file names in a folder which has date >= 10th of last month, Example : files in folder AUTO_F1_20140610.TXT BUTO_F1_20140616.TXT CUTO_F1_20140603.TXT FA_AUTO_06012014.TXT LA_AUTO_06112014.TXT MA_AUTO_06212014.TXT ZA_AUTO_06232014.TXT Output: AUTO_F1_20140610.TXT... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: nani1984
9 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to select all files added to a directory in the past 5 mins (HP-UX)?

Hey everyone, I need to select all files that were added to a specific directory in the past 5 mins and copy them over to a different directory. I am using HP-UX OS which does not have support for amin, cmin, and mmin. B/c of this, I am creating a temp file and will use the find -newer command... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattkoz
7 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to copy the two most recently added files to another directory - HP-UX?

Hello, I am attempting to find and copy the two most recently added files to a specific directory, that fit a specific format. I was able to find the command to list the two most recently added files in directory: ls -1t | head -n 2 The command lists the two files names in a vertical list,... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: mattkoz
11 Replies
UPDATE-DESKTOP-DATABASE(1)				      General Commands Manual					UPDATE-DESKTOP-DATABASE(1)

NAME
update-desktop-database - Build cache database of MIME types handled by desktop files SYNOPSIS
update-desktop-database [-q|--quiet] [-v|--verbose] [DIRECTORY...] DESCRIPTION
The update-desktop-database program is a tool to build a cache database of the MIME types handled by desktop files. The cache database contains the list of MIME types that can be handled by desktop files, as well as, for each MIME type, a list of desktop files that can handle this MIME type. This cache database ease the work of applications that need to find an application that can open a document of a specific MIME type: those applications will not have to parse all the desktop files existing on the system, and can instead parse this cache database. If no DIRECTORY is specified as argument, the desktop files that will be processed are the ones installed in $XDG_DATA_DIRS/applications. If both the --quiet and --verbose options are used, then --verbose will be ignored. OPTIONS
The following options are supported: -q, --quiet Do not display any information about processing and updating progress. -v, --verbose Display more information about processing and updating progress. NOTES
If an invalid MIME type is met, it will be ignored and the creation of the cache database will continue. The format of the cache database is a simple desktop entry format, with a MIME Cache group, containing one key per MIME type. The key name is the MIME type, and the key value is the list of desktop file that can handle this MIME type. The order of the desktop files found for a MIME type is not significant. Therefore, an external mechanism must be used to determine what is the preferred desktop file for a MIME type. EXAMPLE
Here is a simple example of a cache database: [MIME Cache] application/x-shellscript=gedit.desktop; text/plain=gedit.desktop;gvim.desktop; video/webm=totem.desktop; This cache database is created with three desktop files, each containing a MimeType key: gedit.desktop: MimeType=text/plain;application/x-shellscript; gvim.desktop: MimeType=text/plain; totem.desktop: MimeType=video/webm; FILES
$XDG_DATA_DIRS/applications/mimeinfo.cache This file is the cache database created by update-desktop-database. BUGS
If you find bugs in the update-desktop-database program, please report these on https://bugs.freedesktop.org. FREEDESKTOP.ORG UPDATE-DESKTOP-DATABASE(1)