Sponsored Content
Operating Systems Solaris in-completed suncluster installation.. Post 302597624 by ppchu99 on Saturday 11th of February 2012 12:07:20 AM
Old 02-11-2012
in-completed suncluster installation..

machine got into this mess after in-complete suncluster installation..
can't spawn the console-login service at all...

Code:
Feb 11 00:07:13 svc.startd[8]: svc:/system/cluster/cl_boot_check:default: Method "/usr/cluster/lib/svc/method/svc_boot_check start" failed with exit status 1.
Feb 11 00:07:13 svc.startd[8]: svc:/system/cluster/cl_boot_check:default: Method "/usr/cluster/lib/svc/method/svc_boot_check start" failed with exit status 1.
Feb 11 00:07:13 svc.startd[8]: system/cluster/cl_boot_check:default failed: transitioned to maintenance (see 'svcs -xv' for details)
Feb 11 00:07:27 svc.startd[8]: svc:/system/pools:default: Method "/lib/svc/method/svc-pools start" failed with exit status 96.
Feb 11 00:07:27 svc.startd[8]: system/pools:default misconfigured: transitioned to maintenance (see 'svcs -xv' for details)
Feb 11 00:07:27 svc.startd[8]: svc:/system/power:default: Method "/lib/svc/method/svc-power start" failed with exit status 96.
Feb 11 00:07:28 svc.startd[8]: system/power:default misconfigured: transitioned to maintenance (see 'svcs -xv' for details)
Feb 11 00:07:28 svc.startd[8]: svc:/system/rcap:default: Method "/usr/lib/rcap/rcapd" failed with exit status 96.
Feb 11 00:07:28 svc.startd[8]: system/rcap:default misconfigured: transitioned to maintenance (see 'svcs -xv' for details)

Requesting System Maintenance Mode
(See /lib/svc/share/README for more information.)
Console login service(s) cannot run
Root password for system maintenance (control-d to bypass): Feb 11 00:07:50 svc.startd[8]: svc:/network/iscsi/initiator:default: Method "/lib/svc/method/iscsid" failed with exit status 96.
Feb 11 00:07:50 svc.startd[8]: network/iscsi/initiator:default misconfigured: transitioned to maintenance (see 'svcs -xv' for details)
Feb 11 00:08:07 vxvm:vxnetd: VxVM VVR vxnetd V-5-0-0 Setting family to 26
Login incorrect
Root password for system maintenance (control-d to bypass):

Last edited by DukeNuke2; 02-11-2012 at 06:56 AM..

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. SuSE

When a FTP download is completed

I receive files by FTP in an input directory. Every 10 seconds a process checks if some new file has arrived to the input directory and then the process moves them to another directory to be read by a second process. The problem is that there is no way to know if the download has finished... (11 Replies)
Discussion started by: Javi
11 Replies

2. Solaris

Suncluster query

Hello, I have 2 systems Solaris 10 sparc with latest patches, 2 transports connected and 1 public port each and fiber connections to SAN. This is first time I am doing a SUN cluster install (latest soft). I installed the software using ./installer and then tried to install using "scinstall"... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
9 Replies

3. UNIX and Linux Applications

Oracle Cluster Ready Services waiting for SunCluster on x86 to start

Recently i faced problem starting oracle application on my galaxy cluster on one node.In the log i found that the CRS demon was not started after the booting of the node , so i manually tried to start it but faced some error. So here are the work around that i had done and the CRS services got... (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: amitranjansahu
0 Replies

4. Solaris

zfs maintenance under suncluster

Hello, Running Solaris 10x86 - on the 2 nodes of sun cluster. I have a zfspool as HAstorage and zfs as SUNW.nfs (failover) Now these resources including Logical hostanme are online. No issues. But I want to change zfs-name 'export' to 'export-b' What would be the correct procedure... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: upengan78
3 Replies

5. AIX

Completed IBM AIX

Yesterday I complted IBM AIX Certification (000-223). Passed 74% (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: udayn
8 Replies

6. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Background job when completed

Hello - I submitted one background job last night and it completed today morning.I want to know exact time the job completed. I submitted backgroung job like this nohup cp -Rp /opt/apps/prod/proddb/proddata . & I want to know when above job completed on UNIX server.Above command... (9 Replies)
Discussion started by: Mansoor8810
9 Replies

7. Homework & Coursework Questions

completed scripts

Does anyone know any websites where there are finished scripts, can be for anything Just want to copy and paste it and manipulate into something I could use. danke schon (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: cpcp1988
0 Replies

8. Solaris

suncluster co-existing with Veritas Cluster

have a pair of sun servers, wanting to test drive a 2-node cluster using both software.. would like disable one of these cluster software while the othe is running.. Is it feasible at all ?? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: ppchu99
2 Replies

9. Solaris

Open Solaris 10.1 Installation not completed Successfully

Hello Friends, I want to Install Multiple Operating Systems on my Machine. Machine Config: Intel Core(TM)2 CPU E7500, speed:2.93 ghz RAM : 4gb For that I had done Partition Using tool Gparted Live cd. Firstly I had installed Windows7 on first primary partition. Now... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Surendra Khaire
3 Replies
svc.configd(1M)                                                                                                                    svc.configd(1M)

NAME
svc.configd - Service Management Facility repository daemon SYNOPSIS
/lib/svc/bin/svc.configd svc.configd is the repository daemon for the Service Management Facility. svc.configd is invoked automatically during system startup, and restarted if any failures occur. svc.configd should never be invoked directly. Interaction with svc.configd is by way of libscf(3LIB) and the command line tools:svcs(1), svcprop(1), svcadm(1M), and svccfg(1M). See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWcsr | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ svcs(1), svcprop(1), svcadm(1M), svccfg(1M), libscf(3LIB), attributes(5) 27 Oct 2004 svc.configd(1M)