Sponsored Content
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers this cshell script does not work ?? Post 302597599 by Corona688 on Friday 10th of February 2012 05:54:32 PM
Old 02-10-2012
What's the value of $DISPLAY ?
The 'rsh' command may be eating the lines below it.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

help with cshell script to read 1 or more lex files

taskes one or more .l files and compiles them #!/usr/bin/csh #while loop to carry on asking user to enter the files while $number!=0 echo "enter file name" #check to see if file ends with .l #if file ends with .l compile lexx.yy.c file for each file this is how i think it needs... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: homerj546
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to make a cshell (csh) script interactive

Experts, I tried to make my cshell script interactive by asking the user for password and trying to read the input using the "read" command. I have been unsuccessful so far. Do you have any idea ? Thanks Jim (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimmynath
2 Replies

3. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script doesn't work, but commands inside work

Howdie everyone... I have a shell script RemoveFiles.sh Inside this file, it only has two commands as below: rm -f ../../reportToday/temp/* rm -f ../../report/* My problem is that when i execute this script, nothing happened. Files remained unremoved. I don't see any error message as it... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: cheongww
2 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Modify Perl script to work with txt - Permissions script

Hi I have this code, and i want work with a ls -shalR output in .txt What i need read to do this?? Where start? #!/usr/bin/perl # Allrights- A perl tool for making backups of file permissions # Copyright (C) 2005 Norbert Klein <norbert@acodedb.com> # This program is free... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: joangopan
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Regarding Decimals in Cshell

Hello... I am new to unix and I am wondering if in a C-shell script , Are we supposed to use only whole numbers........ for example..if a program needs to calculate the average of some numbers........ @ avg = (($1 +$2 + $3)/3)) is returning a whole number.........How can a decimal be achieved... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: ravindra22
1 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Script cShell - help!!

Hello everyone! i'm new in this forum and I'm here because I have a huge problem with a csh script. Here the problem: I have to write a script that check the system status, more precisely I have to check if there are processes with TIME > 3 hours and if such processes exists I must send a mail... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: TheBeefEater
3 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

cshell script problem

Hi ,I have this simple code,why is not working thanks #!/bin/csh set res=find ./ -name "*.bash" | wc -l $res > result.txt (16 Replies)
Discussion started by: lio123
16 Replies

8. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

Unable to call a script from another script in cshell

Hi, I am unable to call one script from another script in c shell on windows SUA environment. Please find below code , File1 āTmp.csh: #!/bin/csh setenv PATH "${PATH}:.:$TOP/bin:$TOP/RMBIN/bin:$GP_SUA/:$INTERIX_ROOT" echo "hi1" . /tmp1.csh File2ātmp1.csh ... (6 Replies)
Discussion started by: gthangav
6 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

My script work on Linux but not work in sunos.

My script work on Linux but not work in sun os. my script. logFiles="sentLog1.log sentLog2.log" intial_time="0 0" logLocation="/usr/local/tomcat/logs/" sleepTime=600 failMessage=":: $(tput bold)Log not update$(tput rmso) = " successMessage="OK" arr=($logFiles)... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: ooilinlove
7 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

Assigning any number to the variable in cshell script

Hello Guys, I would like to ask you for a favor. Could you please help me how can I assign any number as the parameter to a, from stdin (-c), in the following command line by using the 'switch' in a script? awk '$8>a {print "File name:" $5,$8}' I would also appreciate if you can share any... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Padavan
1 Replies
XON(1)							      General Commands Manual							    XON(1)

NAME
xon - start an X program on a remote machine SYNOPSIS
xon remote-host [-access] [-debug] [-name window-name] [-nols] [-screen screen-no] [-user user-name] [command ...] DESCRIPTION
Xon runs the specified command (default xterm -ls) on the remote machine using rsh, remsh, or rcmd. Xon passes the DISPLAY, XAUTHORITY and XUSERFILESEARCHPATH environment variables to the remote command. When no command is specified, xon runs 'xterm -ls'. It additionally specifies the application name to be 'xterm-remote-host' and the win- dow title to be '-fIremote-host'. Xon can only work when the remote host will allow you to log in without a password, by having an entry in the .rhosts file permitting access. OPTIONS
Note that the options follow the remote host name (as they do with rlogin). -access Runs xhost locally to add the remote host to the host access list in the X server. This won't work unless xhost is given permission to modify the access list. -debug Normally, xon disconnects the remote process from stdin, stdout and stderr to eliminate the daemon processes which usually connect them across the network. Specifying the -debug option leaves them connected so that error messages from the remote execution are sent back to the originating host. -name window-name This specifies a different application name and window title for the default command (xterm). -nols Normally xon passes the -ls option to the remote xterm; this option suspends that behaviour. -screen screen-no This changes the screen number of the DISPLAY variable passed to the remote command. -user user-name By default, xon simply uses rsh/remsh/rcmd to connect to the remote machine using the same user name as on the local machine. This option cause xon to specify an alternative user name. This will not work unless you have authorization to access the remote account, by placing an appropriate entry in the remote users .rhosts file. BUGS
Xon can get easily confused when the remote-host, user-name or various environment variable values contain white space. Xon has no way to send the appropriate X authorization information to the remote host. XFree86 Version 4.7.0 XON(1)