Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Help needed reading the file
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Help needed reading the file Post 302597575 by chandu123 on Friday 10th of February 2012 04:12:26 PM
Old 02-10-2012
Thanks..It worked....

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

Reading file names from a file and executing the relative file from shell script

Hi How can i dynamically read files names from a list file and execute them from a single shell script. Please help its urgent Thanks in Advance (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: anushilrai
4 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

URGENT HELP NEEDED ON -File size reading

All Expert, I am using Sun OS 5.8 and Perl version 5 in One server and Perl 5.8 in another unix server. I am able to read a file using fopen function of perl --file size having more then 3 GB of data.(In the machine where Perl 5.8 install) But when i am running the same perl script --It... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: jambesh
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Searching for Log / Bad file and Reading and writing to a flat file

Need to develop a unix shell script for the below requirement and I need your assistance: 1) search for file.log and file.bad file in a directory and read them 2) pull out "Load_Start_Time", "Data_File_Name", "Error_Type" from log file 4) concatinate each row from bad file as... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: mlpathir
3 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

fatal: cannot open file `TNAME' for reading (No such file or directory)

Hi, I am running this command through a shell script and getting the error mentioned in the subject line: testing.awk -f x.txt TNAME My testing.awk file contains something like ++++++++++++++++++ #!/usr/bin/awk -f BEGIN{ TAB_NAME="INSERT_ONE_" ARGV ; } if ( $1=="JAM_ONE" &&... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: kunwar
1 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Help needed in reading line value into variable

I have a file which has data in 8 lines: 10 34 6 1 4 46 67 31 I am trying to read each value into each different variable so that I use these variables in preparing my report. Another option is to dynamically print each line values in the report like below: users with privA:... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: sarat949
2 Replies

6. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Script reading needed

Hi, I'm just learning so I would appreciate some understanding line by line on the while loop/case script below. Thanks so much. joe. echo "Good Morning." echo "Enter 1 to Add" echo "or q to quit." while do read Enter case $Enter in 1) echo "Addtion:" echo... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jefferj54
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading XML file and print the values in the text file using Linux shell script

hi guys, i want help... Reding XML file and print the values into the text file using linux shell script file as per below xml file <sequence> <Filename>aldorzum.doc</Filename> <DivisionCode>US</DivisionCode> <ContentType>Template</ContentType> <ProductCode>VIMZIM</ProductCode> </sequence>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sravanreddy
1 Replies

8. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Reading Xml file and print the values into the text file in columnwise?

hi guys, i want help... Reding XML file and print the values into the text file using linux shell script file as per below xml file <sequence> <Filename>aldorzum.doc</Filename> <DivisionCode>US</DivisionCode> <ContentType>Template</ContentType> <ProductCode>VIMZIM</ProductCode> </sequence>... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: sravanreddy
4 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

ksh Script, Reading A File, Grepping A File Contents In Another File

So I'm stumped. First... APOLOGIES... my work is offline in an office that has zero internet connectivity, as required by our client. If need be, I could print out my script attempts and retype them here. But on the off chance... here goes. I have a text file (file_source) of terms, each line... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: Brusimm
3 Replies
fddist(1m)							   USER COMMANDS							fddist(1m)

NAME
fddist - file descriptor usage distributions. Uses DTrace. SYNOPSIS
fddist [-r|-w] DESCRIPTION
This prints distributions for read and write events by file descriptor, by process. This can be used to determine which file descriptor a process is doing the most I/O with. Since this uses DTrace, only users with root privileges can run this command. OPTIONS
-r reads only -w writes only EXAMPLES
Sample both read and write activity, # fddist Sample reads only, # fddist -r FIELDS
EXEC process name PID process ID value file descriptor count number of events BASED ON
/usr/demo/dtrace/lquantize.d DOCUMENTATION
DTrace Guide "Aggregations" chapter (docs.sun.com) See the DTraceToolkit for further documentation under the Docs directory. The DTraceToolkit docs may include full worked examples with ver- bose descriptions explaining the output. EXIT
fddist will sample until Ctrl-C is hit. SEE ALSO
dtrace(1M) version 0.70 Jun 08, 2005 fddist(1m)