Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: HP-UX server cloning
Operating Systems HP-UX HP-UX server cloning Post 302597487 by Peasant on Friday 10th of February 2012 12:29:23 PM
Old 02-10-2012
If filesystems (on LVM or whatever) were created on v2 with mkfs -F vxfs or v3 newfs, vxdump can be used. I belive that only BASE-VXFS is required (with OnlineJFS for online resizing ).
Code:
# swlist -l bundle | grep -i veritas
  B3929GB                               B.05.01.02     OnlineJFS for Veritas File System 5.0.1 Bundle
  Base-VxFS-501                         B.05.01.02     Veritas File System Bundle 5.0.1 for HP-UX

Machine up uses standard HPUX LVM with VXFS.

Veritas LVM and VXFS i belive can be found in Base-VXVM package (comes with HPUX mission critical editions, datacentar or whatever is called nowadays.)

9 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Aix Cloning

Is there anyone out there who knows anything about aix cloning? I would be very grateful for any information at all. Thanking you in advance :) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: annette
4 Replies

2. Filesystems, Disks and Memory

Unix Cloning

I'm looking for software that can clone Unix Partitions. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: jimv2502893
2 Replies

3. SCO

Disk cloning

Hello everybody, :confused: I have to change the system disk on an old PC running SCO 5.0.5. The disk is up and running, this is a preventive action. My experience on UNIX is very limited and I look for the easyest solution to clone this unit. Is it possible with commands or through a clone... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: mhachez
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

HP10.20 Cloning

Good day all. So, here's the situation. I have (7x) B180L VISUALIZE WORKSTATION's with Transtec 5100 RAID (RAID 5, 9.1 GB HDD's) towers running of UNIX HP10.20. It's time to replace the RAID's with new ones, them being Fibrenetix FX606 5 bay SATA RAID, 5 bay SATA-SCSI desktop RAID including 80Gb... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: Tony_dw
1 Replies

5. Red Hat

cloning a server

I wish to clone a RedHat EL5 server. What's the easiest way to do this? Thanks :) (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: wazzu62
4 Replies

6. Shell Programming and Scripting

Cloning

Hi, Is there disadvantages if we do AIX Serevr cloning to the new AIX server. Thanks in advance (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmsekhar
0 Replies

7. AIX

AIX Server Cloning

Hi, Is there disadvantages if we do AIX Serevr cloning to the new AIX server. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: kmsekhar
2 Replies

8. Ubuntu

dd cloning of whole disk

I am using 'dd' to clone an entire hard drive which only has Ubuntu 11.10 and some data with no special options. The disks are both 1Tb, However, I did re-partition the target disk with gparted successfully. The new partions are not the same size as the source disk. When starting 'dd' no partitions... (24 Replies)
Discussion started by: Royalist
24 Replies

9. Linux

Disk cloning ?

Dear All I needed to clone my disk to another hard drive . I did it as the following : #dd if=/dev/sdb of=/dev/sdc But after a while, the procedure ended with the "writing to /dev/sdc input/output error" message. Can you please let me know how can I overcome this as the fdisk now returns as "... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: hadimotamedi
1 Replies
PVCK(8) 						      System Manager's Manual							   PVCK(8)

NAME
       pvck - check physical volume metadata

SYNOPSIS
       pvck [-d|--debug] [-h|--help] [-v|--verbose] [--labelsector] PhysicalVolume [PhysicalVolume...]

DESCRIPTION
       pvck checks physical volume LVM metadata for consistency.

OPTIONS
       See lvm for common options.

--labelsector sector
	      By  default, 4 sectors of PhysicalVolume are scanned for an LVM label, starting at sector 0.  This parameter allows you to specify a
	      different starting sector for the scan and is useful for recovery situations.  For example, suppose the partition table is corrupted
	      or  lost	on  /dev/sda, but you suspect there was an LVM partition at approximately 100 MB.  This area of the disk may be scanned by
	      using the --labelsector parameter with a value of 204800 (100 * 1024 * 1024 / 512 = 204800):

pvck --labelsector 204800 /dev/sda

Note that a script can be used with --labelsector to automate the process of finding LVM labels.

SEE ALSO
       lvm(8), pvcreate(8), pvscan(8) vgck(8)

Sistina Software UK					 LVM TOOLS 2.02.95(2) (2012-03-06)						   PVCK(8)