Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: memory limits
Top Forums UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers memory limits Post 302597431 by thegeek on Friday 10th of February 2012 09:43:49 AM
Old 02-10-2012
diskquota's are for storage space - secondary memory ( normally hard disk ). not for memory !!
This User Gave Thanks to thegeek For This Post:

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

tar--limits ????

Hi! All, This is True64 Unix, 4.0.F patch kit 4 I have a 15GB Oracle dump file that I have to backup to tape. I am trying to use "tar" to dump it to tape, but tar complained that the file was too big and that it was truncating it!. I am compressing the file using the "compress" utility.... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: sdharmap
3 Replies

2. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

user access limits?

how do i limit access for users so that they can only login via FTP and can only view/make changes to their own directories only. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sphiengollie
1 Replies

3. UNIX for Advanced & Expert Users

.netrc limits in Aix 4.3

Does anyone know what the max char limit is for login in .netrc? Thanks, Jeff (0 Replies)
Discussion started by: lawadm1
0 Replies

4. Linux

limits.conf

Hello! How do make the limits.conf parameters work for a normal user. Ive changed both the hard and soft parameter for the specific user. It used to be 4096 and i changed it to 16384. But when i use the ulimit -n, all i got is permissen denied. Witch i can understand. But my question is? how... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: dozy
1 Replies

5. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

limits.conf

I have line in this file that says: username - maxlogins 1 and user can login 2 times instad of one. does enybody know why? and how can I fix that? (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: shooroop
2 Replies

6. Solaris

FTP limits - mput *

I am trying to upload via FTP 11,000 files in a Solaris 8 system. I am using Windows 2000 and its FTP client to upload the files. The command used is mput *.jpg.When the quantity of files reaches 10,000 the upload aborts. Is this problem related with the FTP client ? If yes, another FTP client... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: waldecy
2 Replies

7. Programming

semaphore limits

Hi Could anybody tell me how can i see the semaphore limits on my system. I am using solaris 8. Thanks in advance (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: axes
2 Replies

8. UNIX Desktop Questions & Answers

File size limits

I want to increase the file size, I am trying to store the output but it's not storing the whole output in to the file (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: navintsm
7 Replies

9. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Soft and hard limits for nproc value in /etc/security/limits.conf file (Linux )

OS version : RHEL 6.5 Below is an excerpt from /etc/security/limits.conf file for OS User named appusr in our server appusr soft nproc 2047 appusr hard nproc 16384 What will happen if appusr has already spawned 2047 processes and wants to spawn 2048th process ? I just want to know... (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: kraljic
3 Replies

10. Programming

Limits on 32 and 64 bit in C++ / C

Hi All, I am getting below run time error I checked the code and see the structure defined as below and using the file position variable typedef struct Get_file { char *current_pathname; unsigned int tot_bytes_io, physical_position; int... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: arunkumar_mca
2 Replies
createhdf(1)							     Emulators							      createhdf(1)

NAME
createhdf - Create a blank IDE hard disk image in .hdf format SYNOPSIS
createhdf [ -c ] [ -s ] cylinders heads sectors file DESCRIPTION
createhdf creates a blank image of an IDE hard disk in .hdf format for use with Sinclair ZX Spectrum emulators. OPTIONS
-c specifies that the .hdf image should be created in `compact' mode, where only the low byte of every word is stored in the image. This is useful for saving space if the hard disk image is for use with an interface which accesses only the low byte of every word. -s specifies that the .hdf image should not be created as a sparse file. Normally, createhdf will attempt to create the hard disk image as a `sparse file', where the operating system knows that the file consists mostly of zero bytes and fills those in without using any space in the file. This option disables this. (There's nothing `magic' about this: if data is written to the file, it will take up space just like any other data; it's only empty space which is synthesised by the operating system). -v version specifies the version of .hdf image to be created. Valid values are `1.0' for a version 1.0 file and `1.1' for a version 1.1 file. Defaults to creating version 1.1 files. cylinders specifies the number of cylinders in the image. heads specifies the number of heads in the image. sectors specifies the number of sectors in the image. file specifies the file to which the image should be written. BUGS
None known. SEE ALSO
fuse(1), fuse-utils(1), libspectrum(3) The .hdf format specification, at http://www.ramsoft.bbk.org/hdfform.html. The comp.sys.sinclair Spectrum FAQ, at http://www.worldofspectrum.org/faq/index.html. AUTHOR
Philip Kendall (philip-fuse@shadowmagic.org.uk). Version 1.0.0 16th December, 2010 createhdf(1)