Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: Problem with crontab entry
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting Problem with crontab entry Post 302597340 by itkamaraj on Friday 10th of February 2012 02:59:48 AM
Old 02-10-2012
In your script (/wfsdev1/app/edw/bin/HealthCh.sh)

If you used any files ( for calculation, processing, temporary storage..etc ), then use the absolute path for those files.

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

crontab entry

hi all how to schedule a cron job running on last day of every third month at 12 midnight will the following work 0 0 30,31 3,6,9,12 * <required file> thanks (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: matrixmadhan
3 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab entry

Hello, I am trying to schedule a job to run every 15 minutes from 7am to 5:30pm. Could someone show me the syntax for this? Thanks. (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: bestbuyernc
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

Crontab Entry

Hi Everyone , have a nice day given below is the line i have added in crontab * * * * * /Rauf/script2.sh intended to run this script after every minute , when i run this script manually it runs fine and produces output , but after adding it to crontab ( like given above ) , it doesnt work ... (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Dastard
5 Replies

4. AIX

crontab entry

Hi. I'm new to AIX and I need to create a crontab entry to run a script every first 5 business days of the month? please help. (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: udelalv
2 Replies

5. Solaris

crontab entry

How to set the crontab entry for every other Friday? Regards, Raj (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: rajip23
1 Replies

6. Solaris

crontab entry

Hi, i need to setup a cronjob that has will execute iostat command from morning to evening time. for instance the timing has will be like this. 8:00 A.M -- 6:00P.M how to define this entry in crontab Regards (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: jaweedak
3 Replies

7. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab entry

What should be the crontab entry for a script: to run at 3:00 AM EST Sun, Mon, Tue, Wed, Thu, Fri (3 Replies)
Discussion started by: proactiveaditya
3 Replies

8. Solaris

crontab entry

hi i am new in solaris. i am accessing server through putty. i could not add entry in crontab. i have given "crontab -e" for add a new entry. It is not coming. what parameter i have to set for getting crontab -e thanks (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sunnybee
1 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

Problem with crontab entry log

Hi, Please help me with below scenerio... i have a shell script.. which should be scheduled in cron and should get the log when executed. example, script.ksh : echo "narayana" >$HOME/script.log * * * * * bash -x $HOME/script.ksh >$HOME/script_cron.log My question is: I am... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: lnviyyapu
2 Replies

10. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Crontab entry

Is this the correct entry to touch a file on 6/6 5AM? 00 05 06 06 * touch /support/home/.no_copy Please use next time code tags for your code and data (5 Replies)
Discussion started by: Me XMan
5 Replies
BF_TAR(1)						    Bogofilter Reference Manual 						 BF_TAR(1)

NAME
bf_tar - shell script to write a tar file of a bogofilter directory to stdout SYNOPSIS
bf_tar [-r] [-R] bogofilter_directory DESCRIPTION
bf_tar bundles a bogofilter working directory in tar format and copies it to standard output (your console, or where you redirect it, see EXAMPLES below). OPTIONS
The -r option causes bf_tar to remove inactive log files after the archive has been written successfully. The default is to leave log files. The -R option causes bf_tar to remove inactive log files before the archive is written. This may reduce chances that the resulting archive is recoverable should it become damaged. The archive may be smaller though. The default is to leave log files. EXIT STATUS
The script exits with status code 0 if everything went well, and nonzero if it encountered trouble. EXAMPLES
o bf_tar ~/.bogofilter > outfile.tar Writes a standard .tar file containing the essential files from ~/.bogofilter to outfile.tar. o bf_tar ~/.bogofilter | gzip -9 -c > outfile.tar.gz Writes a gzipped .tar.gz file containing the essential files from ~/.bogofilter to outfile.tar.gz. o bf_tar `pwd`/mydirectory > outfile.tar Prepend $(pwd)/ or `pwd`/ if you want to specify an absolute path instead of a relative path. NOTES
This script is meant for use with Berkeley DB based bogofilter versions. This script requires a SUSv2 compliant pax utility. This script expects a SUSv2 compliant shell. Solaris systems should have the SUNWxcu4 package installed (when bogofilter is configured) so that /usr/xpg4/bin/sh can be used. AUTHORS
Matthias Andree Bogofilter 10/22/2012 BF_TAR(1)