Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: list files command output
Top Forums Shell Programming and Scripting list files command output Post 302597288 by balajesuri on Thursday 9th of February 2012 11:34:25 PM

10 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. Shell Programming and Scripting

how to suppress list number from history command output

i run history command and I want to eliminate the list number. So far this perl script works as long as the list is a exact 3 character long. cat dd | perl -pe 's,\d{3},,' 70 export JAVA_HOME=. 81 export JAVA_HOME=. 82 export JAVA_HOME=`pwd` export JAVA_HOME=`pwd` ... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: soemac
1 Replies

2. Shell Programming and Scripting

I need a script to find socials in files and output a list of those files

I am trying to find socail security numbers in files in (and under) a specific directory and output a list of the files where they are found... the format would be with no dashes just 9 numeric characters in a row. I have tried this: find /DirToLookIn -exec grep '\{9\}' /dev/null {} \; >>... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: NewSolarisAdmin
1 Replies

3. Shell Programming and Scripting

perl - how to make output of a command a numbered list

Hi there, just wondered if somebody could help me with a problem I have I have a program that when run from the command line will output a list of objects # list_servers server1 server5 server7 server8 # I just wanted to know, in perl, how can i make each line of output from... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: rethink
4 Replies

4. Shell Programming and Scripting

Output of command in comma separated list

Hi; I have an output of a particular command say $command fstl:r-x ajay:r-x how can i get this in comma separated list, eg: fstl:r-x,ajay:r-x Thnks; (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: ajaypadvi
4 Replies

5. Shell Programming and Scripting

Parsing fields from class list files to use output with newusers command

Hello I am trying to develop a shell script that takes a text file such as this... E-mail@ Soc.Sec.No. *--------Name-----------* Class *School.Curriculum.Major.* Campus.Phone JCC2380 XXX-XX-XXXX CAREY, JULIE C JR-II BISS CPSC BS INFO TECH 412/779-9445 JAC1936 XXX-XX-XXXX... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: crimputt
7 Replies

6. Red Hat

Dynamic case creation based on output list from a command

I am attempting to create a script that would allow me to list all the instances associated with a DB2 and then prompt the user to choose which one to issue the db2profile command against. I use the db2 command db2ilist to get a list of the instances for a particular server, but the number of... (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: slatoms
1 Replies

7. Shell Programming and Scripting

Dynamic case creation based on output list from a command

I am attempting to create a script that would allow me to list all the instances associated with a DB2 and then prompt the user to choose which one to issue the db2profile command against. I use the db2 command db2ilist to get a list of the instances for a particular server, but the number of... (7 Replies)
Discussion started by: slatoms
7 Replies

8. Shell Programming and Scripting

Duplicate files and output list

Gents, I have a file like this. 1 1 1 2 2 3 2 4 2 5 3 6 3 7 4 8 5 9 I would like to get something like it 1 1 2 2 3 4 5 3 6 7 Thanks in advance for your support :b: (8 Replies)
Discussion started by: jiam912
8 Replies

9. Shell Programming and Scripting

How to process select list of files and output to the same file?

Hi, I've a list of files ac_info.tps, subscription_array.tps, .......and many other files one of the file, bin_range_list.tps has the following content CREATE OR REPLACE TYPE "BIN_RANGE_LIST" AS TABLE OF BIN_RANGE_ELEM; / grant execute on... (4 Replies)
Discussion started by: jediwannabe
4 Replies

10. Shell Programming and Scripting

List files output only for the last line

Hi, "ls -tl directory1" will list files to be sorted in mtime, but I don't want to see all the files in each directory, I want to only see output the last line (the oldest mtime) for each directory. $ ls -tl test1 -rw-r--r-- 1 hce hce 1714397 May 30 2013 b.txt -rw-r--r-- 1 hce hce 4678 May... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: hce
2 Replies
acctcms(1M)						  System Administration Commands					       acctcms(1M)

NAME
acctcms - command summary from process accounting records SYNOPSIS
/usr/lib/acct/acctcms [-a [-o] [-p]] [-c] [-j] [-n] [-s] [-t] filename... DESCRIPTION
acctcms reads one or more filenames, normally in the form described in acct.h(3HEAD). It adds all records for processes that executed iden- tically named commands, sorts them, and writes them to the standard output, normally using an internal summary format. OPTIONS
-a Print output in ASCII rather than in the internal summary format. The output includes command name, number of times executed, total kcore-minutes, total CPU minutes, total real minutes, mean size (in K), mean CPU minutes per invocation, "hog factor," characters transferred, and blocks read and written, as in acctcom(1). Output is normally sorted by total kcore-minutes. Use the following options only with the -a option: -o Output a (non-prime) offshift-time-only command summary. -p Output a prime-time-only command summary. When -o and -p are used together, a combination prime-time and non-prime-time report is produced. All the output summaries are total usage except number of times executed, CPU minutes, and real minutes, which are split into prime and non-prime. -c Sort by total CPU time, rather than total kcore-minutes. -j Combine all commands invoked only once under "***other". -n Sort by number of command invocations. -s Any file names encountered hereafter are already in internal summary format. -t Process all records as total accounting records. The default internal summary format splits each field into prime and non-prime-time parts. This option combines the prime and non-prime time parts into a single field that is the total of both, and provides upward compatibility with old style acctcms internal summary format records. EXAMPLES
Example 1 Using the acctcms command. A typical sequence for performing daily command accounting and for maintaining a running total is: example% acctcms filename ... > today example% cp total previoustotal example% acctcms -s today previoustotal > total example% acctcms -a -s today ATTRIBUTES
See attributes(5) for descriptions of the following attributes: +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ | ATTRIBUTE TYPE | ATTRIBUTE VALUE | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ |Availability |SUNWaccu | +-----------------------------+-----------------------------+ SEE ALSO
acctcom(1), acct(1M), acctcon(1M), acctmerg(1M), acctprc(1M), acctsh(1M), fwtmp(1M), runacct(1M), acct(2), acct.h(3HEAD), utmpx(4), attributes(5) NOTES
Unpredictable output results if -t is used on new style internal summary format files, or if it is not used with old style internal summary format files. SunOS 5.11 22 Feb 1999 acctcms(1M)