Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: portmapper service
Operating Systems Linux SuSE portmapper service Post 302597206 by Peasant on Thursday 9th of February 2012 03:00:42 PM
Old 02-09-2012
You have also disabled nfs service.

Since version 4 nfs does not require rpcbind
It got a bit safer.

Regards
Peasant.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Portmapper not responding

Kindly When I start the server i have this error "portmapper on server 185.125.241.321 is not responding" let me also clarify that this is the old IP of the server and the new one 192.168.0.2 regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sak900354
1 Replies

2. Linux

problem with pmap_set (portmapper)

Hi guys, i am putting this problem again please help me out.. The RPC problem is appearing on the screen while starting the portmap service,take a look of the real.. #/etc/init.d/portmap restart Stopping portmap: Starting portmap: Cannot register service: RPC: Timed out not registered:... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: daya.pandit
15 Replies

3. Solaris

Rpcinfo: can't contact portmapper: RPC: Authentication error; why = Failed (unspecified error)

I have two servers with a fresh install of Solaris 11, and having problems when doing rpcinfo between them. There is no firewall involved, so everything should theoretically be getting through. Does anyone have any ideas? I did a lot of Google searches, and haven't found a working solution yet. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: christr
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Run one service after another service has finished - systemd

Hi all I would like to know how to run task2.service after task1.service has finished. task1.service has a timer (task1.timer), that makes it run every 5 minutes OnCalendar=*:0/5task2.service is basically a script, that has to work on the files created after task1 has finished. This is what I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guilliber
2 Replies
MOUNT.NFS(8)						      System Manager's Manual						      MOUNT.NFS(8)

NAME
mount.nfs, mount.nfs4 - mount a Network File System SYNOPSIS
mount.nfs remotetarget dir [-rvVwfnsh ] [-o options] DESCRIPTION
mount.nfs is a part of nfs(5) utilities package, which provides NFS client functionality. mount.nfs is meant to be used by the mount(8) command for mounting NFS shares. This subcommand, however, can also be used as a standalone command with limited functionality. remotetarget is a server share usually in the form of servername:/path/to/share. dir is the directory on which the file system is to be mounted. Under Linux 2.6.32 and later kernel versions, mount.nfs can mount all NFS file system versions. Under earlier Linux kernel versions, mount.nfs4 must be used for mounting NFSv4 file systems while mount.nfs must be used for NFSv3 and v2. OPTIONS
-r Mount file system readonly. -v Be verbose. -V Print version. -w Mount file system read-write. -f Fake mount. Don't actually call the mount system call. -n Do not update /etc/mtab. By default, an entry is created in /etc/mtab for every mounted file system. Use this option to skip making an entry. -s Tolerate sloppy mount options rather than fail. -h Print help message. nfsoptions Refer to nfs(5) or mount(8) manual pages. NOTE
For further information please refer nfs(5) and mount(8) manual pages. FILES
/etc/fstab file system table /etc/mtab table of mounted file systems SEE ALSO
nfs(5), mount(8), AUTHOR
Amit Gud <agud@redhat.com> 5 Jun 2006 MOUNT.NFS(8)