Sponsored Content
Full Discussion: portmapper service
Operating Systems Linux SuSE portmapper service Post 302597201 by mark54g on Thursday 9th of February 2012 02:50:36 PM
Old 02-09-2012
You left off the name of the service in your last chkconfig.

4 More Discussions You Might Find Interesting

1. UNIX for Dummies Questions & Answers

Portmapper not responding

Kindly When I start the server i have this error "portmapper on server 185.125.241.321 is not responding" let me also clarify that this is the old IP of the server and the new one 192.168.0.2 regards (1 Reply)
Discussion started by: sak900354
1 Replies

2. Linux

problem with pmap_set (portmapper)

Hi guys, i am putting this problem again please help me out.. The RPC problem is appearing on the screen while starting the portmap service,take a look of the real.. #/etc/init.d/portmap restart Stopping portmap: Starting portmap: Cannot register service: RPC: Timed out not registered:... (15 Replies)
Discussion started by: daya.pandit
15 Replies

3. Solaris

Rpcinfo: can't contact portmapper: RPC: Authentication error; why = Failed (unspecified error)

I have two servers with a fresh install of Solaris 11, and having problems when doing rpcinfo between them. There is no firewall involved, so everything should theoretically be getting through. Does anyone have any ideas? I did a lot of Google searches, and haven't found a working solution yet. ... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: christr
2 Replies

4. UNIX for Beginners Questions & Answers

Run one service after another service has finished - systemd

Hi all I would like to know how to run task2.service after task1.service has finished. task1.service has a timer (task1.timer), that makes it run every 5 minutes OnCalendar=*:0/5task2.service is basically a script, that has to work on the files created after task1 has finished. This is what I... (2 Replies)
Discussion started by: guilliber
2 Replies
RWALL(1)						    BSD General Commands Manual 						  RWALL(1)

NAME
rwall -- send a message to users logged on a host SYNOPSIS
rwall host [file] DESCRIPTION
The rwall command sends a message to the users logged into the specified host. The message to be sent can be typed in and terminated with EOF or it can be in a file. DIAGNOSTICS
rwall: RPC: Program not registered The rpc.rwalld(8) daemon has not been started on the remote host. rwall: RPC: Timed out A communication error occurred. Either the network is excessively congested, or the rpc.rwalld(8) daemon has termi- nated on the remote host. rwall: RPC: Port mapper failure - RPC: Timed out The remote host is not running the portmapper (see rpcbind(8)), and cannot accommodate any RPC-based services. The host may be down. SEE ALSO
who(1), rpc.rwalld(8), rpcbind(8) HISTORY
The rwall command appeared in Sun-OS. BUGS
The sorting options are not implemented. BSD
April 23, 1991 BSD